Nice Surprise!!

Guest ID10T

well first off, im not here to write that you just won a sh;it load of money. My name might have some meaning :huh: . Ealier Today I was cleaning my x10 and found that it had like a factory screen protector . I always had a protector on it. i was going to switch it out and looking closely noticed when removing the protector I placed on it was another one that was kind of lifting up around the key edge area. trust me you will know it by the inlay after you remove it. when i pleeled it off there was a beautiful crystal clear glass, you could even see the spots whitin the digtizer. I was very careful to not scratch the surface. I had a kit, invisible shield by zagg, that I was waiting to put on. Now, Trips Miui came to life. If you have two protectors on your phone screen then whois ID10T? Not me...anymore.

Guest highaltitude

well first off, im not here to write that you just won a sh;it load of money. My name might have some meaning :huh: . Ealier Today I was cleaning my x10 and found that it had like a factory screen protector . I always had a protector on it. i was going to switch it out and looking closely noticed when removing the protector I placed on it was another one that was kind of lifting up around the key edge area. trust me you will know it by the inlay after you remove it. when i pleeled it off there was a beautiful crystal clear glass, you could even see the spots whitin the digtizer. I was very careful to not scratch the surface. I had a kit, invisible shield by zagg, that I was waiting to put on. Now, Trips Miui came to life. If you have two protectors on your phone screen then whois ID10T? Not me...anymore.

Yes, this has been known for a couple years now. ;)

Guest LK24054

@lk24054

peel off the screen protector, not sure how else to write this. not sure about warranty either, doubt it.

i will try it later not right now. thanks

Guest sofir786

hey guys, i knew abt the factory installed screen protector, and i did remove it without damaging the actual screen, some people may find it difficult taking it off buh thats upto u decide, yes the screen looks a lot more clearer and responsive. regarding warranty: i bought my phone on a contract with carphone warehouse in the UK, the usb had broke so i took it bak to their shop for them to send to one of their service centres, the phone didnt have the factory installed screen protector on at the time and i still got my phone bak so i doubt it voids warranty, as a matter of fact they gave me bak a brand shint new x10, which i was over the moon with :-)

Guest Cyberman_NI

Cheers idiot!!! I think you'll have to change your name now. I did notice it before but thought it was more like a spray on lacquer.

I have a new x10 now!!! And with trips rom's When I'm in my PC later I will give you some Rep for that tip.

Guest cjsabaki

Bingo!!! Read it last year but thought they were talking bout a second tear off type cover that came on the phone!!! Lol!!

Look really closely at the edges of the screen n you will see a slight lip, its a damn thick protector too!!

Waaay nicer without it!! Sharp, clear and better feeling... looks like an iphone screen now!

Thank you for the info!!!

Best regards,

Chris

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI-Iris using Tapatalk

Guest sofir786

Just remember guys, if u take it off unless u put anoda thinner screen protector on, the screen is stil susceptible to scratches its not magical lol, even if we wish it wud be.

glad you guys tried it and showed appreciation, i think many have read this and didnt care to share results. anyways thanx chris. i think the phone is now more responsive with less plastic.

Guest BuglyAstard

I peeled that sucker off along time ago, its clear and responsive without it YES, but tends to grip your skin more IMO. I had My screen unprotected for 3 months and before applying a new one had ZERO signs of wear, never dropped it but my pocket is dangerous.

Guest sofir786
<br />I peeled that sucker off along time ago, its clear and responsive without it YES, but tends to grip your skin more IMO. I had My screen unprotected for 3 months and before applying a new one had ZERO signs of wear, never dropped it but my pocket is dangerous.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

i agree with u there ur fingers do tend to stick with the factory screen protector off, ive also found that its more of a finger print magnet.

Guest Drax01

Yup I see it. Thats why i have to put my finger though my phone to get it to work sometimes. I use a screen saver that is 10mm thick and is slicone backed. I was told that it would work with a touch screen. Also my phone was a repop so that small mark on it is on there screen saver LOL. Looks like ill be pulling it off LOL maybe it will work when i tap on it LOL

Thank You :)

Guest cjsabaki

Couple of days since screen protector was removed, looks damn good... No scratches yet, feels better, used a non amonia based glass cleaner, waaaay nicer... touch sensitivity is better..

Thinner saver on order n wil test and edit next week once I get it installed.

If you have a year old phone, replace that screen protector... it makes a ton of difference!!

Best regards and thank you to Id10t for the tip!!

Chris

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI-Iris using Tapatalk

Guest highaltitude

I think its funny all you guys have been flashing roms for how long now and you just now discover the stock screen protector from Sony? Rofl. This info has been known for a long time. I guess its always good to review old info. Btw, be careful peeling as its been claimed that the touch sensors are in the screen,so watch what you're peeling, I never had a response issue so I never took mine off. According to some it is a Shatterproof film "that more than likely holds the glass together in case of shattering. A film like this holds the pieces together, and stops them from falling out in case of a shatter."

http://forum.xda-dev...creen+protector

http://androidforums...out-screen.html

Edited by highaltitude