CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

Guest tilal6991

did you get the Bluetooth working? you still have all working except bluetooth... in the first post huh.gif

Yep - bluetooth is working... I'll sort it out.

Guest dadashi

I'm Drrrrrooooling over this.......AAHhhhhhhhhhhhh.....finaly....................

CYANOGENMODE for SKATE :D

You've done it Tilal, very many thanks......this is the ultimate rom for any android.....everything seems ok, gps, bluetooth, wifi...........and finaly proper eastern language support ;)

Guest wrtease

canyongen 7 on and working ,bluetooth working wifi working all working ,and ice cream launcher on and ice cream theme on working well thanks

tilal6991 and also tillaz great work.great rom.

Guest trueno2k

OK - explain to me what ROM you are trying to mod - mine or BlueGinger

Hey, I've been modding your version of CM7 custom rom... Okay, so far I've got it to boot into GOLauncherEX thanks to your keen eye with the mount line code and so far, I've come across one minor problem which only happens when Android boots up for the first time (I think) and that is a message pops up stating something about rubbish error but I can't remember what exactly it said but hopefully that isn't much of a concern...

however, I found a big problem with superuser and that is it stops working once SU binary gets updated to version 3.0.2 and any new root access needed apps won't run after the update!... BUT, the root access apps that I have ran before the the SU binary update to 3.0.2 will continue to run okay... So what I think here is once the SU binary updates to 3.0.2 superuser ceases to give root access thus the new app trying to run that need root access can't run cuz of superuser not working properly... Hopefully this problem isn't widespread because alot of us android users will get pissed off when we start installing root access apps after they update their SU binary on their devices, it sure pisses me off!... Gonna post this part of the paragraph on a new post as this might be relevent to other android users...

Cheers again for the help with my data/app modification, so far loving the fact that I can freshly install CM7 and all the great apps I use just by flashing a modified version of CM7 custom rom I created which contain all the apks I want installing both on the system and data partition of my phone... TTFN ^_^

Guest tilal6991

Hey, I've been modding your version of CM7 custom rom... Okay, so far I've got it to boot into GOLauncherEX thanks to your keen eye with the mount line code and so far, I've come across one minor problem which only happens when Android boots up for the first time (I think) and that is a message pops up stating something about rubbish error but I can't remember what exactly it said but hopefully that isn't much of a concern...

however, I found a big problem with superuser and that is it stops working once SU binary gets updated to version 3.0.2 and any new root access needed apps won't run after the update!... BUT, the root access apps that I have ran before the the SU binary update to 3.0.2 will continue to run okay... So what I think here is once the SU binary updates to 3.0.2 superuser ceases to give root access thus the new app trying to run that need root access can't run cuz of superuser not working properly... Hopefully this problem isn't widespread because alot of us android users will get pissed off when we start installing root access apps after they update their SU binary on their devices, it sure pisses me off!... Gonna post this part of the paragraph on a new post as this might be relevent to other android users...

Cheers again for the help with my data/app modification, so far loving the fact that I can freshly install CM7 and all the great apps I use just by flashing a modified version of CM7 custom rom I created which contain all the apks I want installing both on the system and data partition of my phone... TTFN

Ok great to see it worked :)

Guest dadashi

So still no Dolby in this rom ?

Look in the apps drawer, there is DSP Manager which offers audio boost amongst other things....

Cyanogenmode is full of goodies....

Guest dadashi

keeps crashing for me , AWD force close , going back to bluemonde

do a complete wipe and delvic cache...after cm7 install link2sd and do a reboot to get it working before you use titanium restore...dont restore system data, only apps and app data...if you titanium restore system data from your last rom youll bugger the new system...

I tried to titanium restore using S2E for Ext4 but I had some conflicts with the last set of Titanium backups so I stayed with link2sd...its good in BlueMonte and Cyanogen...

Edited by dadashi

Guest Kayusumi

Hi, I got trouble in changing the carrier name

Although the spn_conf.xml already has the list of the mobile providers(@Taiwan)

But it shows TW Mobile instead of 台灣大哥大, how do I fix this problem?

And another question, there is no LED notificaiton, how do I open it?

Thanks for your kindly helpsmile.gif

BTW, here are the results of quadrant advanced @ 921MHZ

post-934340-0-90648500-1319453173_thumb.

post-934340-0-58280500-1319453225_thumb.

post-934340-0-14054700-1319453365_thumb.

post-934340-0-96139100-1319453416_thumb.

Edited by Kayusumi

Guest sergeant_tito

so i have to download zip with v2.0 shown as an update and wie data cache and dalvik cache and just flash it or should i download 0.1 and update

Guest dadashi

guys, if you don't know what you're doing...don't do it :rolleyes:

There is enough information in this forum, read first to avoid problems....

tito, only flash V2...do a complete wipe....

fter V2 flash do a gapps flash to get the google apps....after cm7 install link2sd and do a reboot to get it working before you use titanium restore...dont restore system data, only apps and app data...if you titanium restore system data from your last rom youll bugger the new system...

I tried to titanium restore using S2E for Ext4 but I had some conflicts with the last set of Titanium backups so I stayed with link2sd...its good in BlueMonte and Cyanogen...

Guest MoreLazers

For some reason when I try to download Google maps and a few other apps, it says my device is not compatible.

Is this just me or can anyone else confirm a rom issue?

Guest cyberbit

I tried this rom and:

In my skate this rom is slower than blue, menus and screen doesnt flow so fast, and has a little lag, i have a few problems with auto brightness, sometimes the screen stays with low light, on daylight sometimes the sensor doesnt work, and last i cant configure the video-camera, when recording video i havent option to increase resolution or record in mpeg.

But i must admit this rom is a very good art of work.

Thankx

Guest JimJam707

Any chance of getting the Skate merged in to the official CM7 sources so buildbot can build nightlies?

It would save you some time and put it in ROMManager :D

Hi Tillal great news !

Does it improve battery life too ?

I would love flashing my (weird) phone again with the new build, if you have time later for my special needs :/

Thanks !

Guest tilal6991
Hi Tillal great news !

Does it improve battery life too ?

I would love flashing my (weird) phone again with the new build, if you have time later for my special needs :/

Thanks !

it should do. Actually I have an idea which may not require me to make a new build. I will message you with the details soon.

Guest tilal6991
Any chance of getting the Skate merged in to the official CM7 sources so buildbot can build nightlies?

It would save you some time and put it in ROMManager

i will try to get it merged.

Guest tilal6991
I tried this rom and:

In my skate this rom is slower than blue, menus and screen doesnt flow so fast, and has a little lag, i have a few problems with auto brightness, sometimes the screen stays with low light, on daylight sometimes the sensor doesnt work, and last i cant configure the video-camera, when recording video i havent option to increase resolution or record in mpeg.

But i must admit this rom is a very good art of work.

Thankx

try overclocking. It should speed it up.