CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

some issue :BladeParts.apk

It would help if you explained what the issue is with blade parts ;)

Are you saying the issue is that blade parts should not be in this rom ?

The blade and skate are very similar,so its no issue,and I have no doubt that tilal put it there for a reason.

Edited by Guest

Guest dadashi

With the camera being fixed for vga recording it's also producing the best pictures compared to the other roms....the flash timing is working properly

copying documents with flash finaly works, nearly as good as a scanner.... no more white washed documents/pictures where you can't make out anything....

Hi,

CM7 3.5 is the first custom ROM I have tried on my OMC so apologies if this is a known issue...

I just tried a couple of apps that use the camera - the standard barcode scanner app and a 3D compass app - both appear to have display problems related to screen mapping where the right 27% ish of the screen's camera display is a repeat of the bottom of the screen (i.e. top 27% in landscape mode).

Is this a known problem, any tweaks to fix? I vaguely remember reading about modifying dpi settings on another thread somewhere but not sure if relevant to this issue.

Edit - I found this thread which talks about a camera wrap-around issue. I guess it is still there on 3.5. Camera App and Goggles works Ok but Barcode scanner, QRCodes and 3D Compass all wrap around part of the camera output.

Edited by CIM1

For me the wifi says Disabled ,when I want to connect to my router with v.3.5. Never was this problem before.

FWIW works for me OK on 3.5 - can you 'forget' the wifi settings and rescan / readd?

One thing that has confused me is I had previously set up wifi on Stock Orange just to test it but after doing full wipes and CM7 install I was a bit baffled when it connected to my router without any key being re-entered.

Perhaps I failed to wipe something properly - anyone know where wi-fi passwords are stored / able to explain why it would have been still there after SIM unlock and CM7 install?

Guest tilal6991

FWIW works for me OK on 3.5 - can you 'forget' the wifi settings and rescan / readd?

One thing that has confused me is I had previously set up wifi on Stock Orange just to test it but after doing full wipes and CM7 install I was a bit baffled when it connected to my router without any key being re-entered.

Perhaps I failed to wipe something properly - anyone know where wi-fi passwords are stored / able to explain why it would have been still there after SIM unlock and CM7 install?

Titanium restore?

Guest sleazy_diamond

Sorry if this has already been asked - I have v. 3.0, do I have to wipe this version before upgrading to 3.5 or can I just go ahead and install it? Will it wipe all my current settings?

Are you saying the issue is that blade parts should not be in this rom ?

um,I mean rename at least, of course,It's good enough.

BTW: some 3D game ,like Trial Xtreme can run, but make system halted almost every time, original OMC rom run perfectly,someone else encountered ?

Edited by hdpei

Sorry if this has already been asked - I have v. 3.0, do I have to wipe this version before upgrading to 3.5 or can I just go ahead and install it? Will it wipe all my current settings?

of course not <_<

but you'd better best backup the sys in recovery mode.

Guest TouchyAndalou

I just had to pull the battery after ending a call. Screen went black and wouldn't respond. I've recalibrated in blade parts, but I had already done that previously, so not sure whether that'll fix the problem.

Are there any other known fixes? Thanks.

Edited by TouchyAndalou

Can anyone shed any further light on the camera wrap-around issue e.g. with barcode-scanner on 3.5 - is this unlikely to get fixed now that CM7 is more or less done & dusted?

They probably got restored from google backup. It can be disabled in settings

That explains that one thanks!

@tilal,

I am really missing the softbuttons on cm7,and I have tried the old trick of using a softbuttons enabled frameworkres,but no joy.Do you know any other way I can do this other than enabling them at compile time,which is something I know nothing about?

Is there an easy way to edit the frameworkres.apk in 3.5 to enable?

As far as I know the feature is in all cm builds,and it is a matter of altering a few lines to make them visible in cm settings.They are partly there,because if you go to custom shortcuts and go to cm settings,there is one for softkeys.

I have the softbuttons patch here,but not a clue how to apply it,I have to assume it has to be applied at compile?

Edited by Guest

Guest tilal6991
@tilal,

I am really missing the softbuttons on cm7,and I have tried the old trick of using a softbuttons enabled frameworkres,but no joy.Do you know any other way I can do this other than enabling them at compile time,which is something I know nothing about?

As far as I know the feature is in all cm builds,and it is a matter of altering a few lines to make them visible in cm settings.They are partly there,because if you go to custom shortcuts and go to cm settings,there is one for softkeys.

I have the softbuttons patch here,but not a clue how to apply it,I have to assume it has to be applied at compile?

Ill make a flashable zip for it.

Can anyone shed any further light on the camera wrap-around issue e.g. with barcode-scanner on 3.5 - is this unlikely to get fixed now that CM7 is more or less done & dusted?

Firstly, this ROM is a port of CM7 for the Blade. This camera bug was introduced in the build when something else was changed around the start of last November. This port uses a CM7 nightly from mid-November, and therefore has the bug. The bug was fixed on the Blade around the end of Nov/early Dec (I can't remember exactly when). I am running n257plus2 on my Blade, which is running perfectly.

@tilal,

Unless I have missed a new addition, this is not included in any of the official CM7 builds, but has been added to most of the KANGS built by forum members (e.g. I use n257plus2 compiled by sej which includes soft buttons).

I have put Atomic on my wife's Skate, but would preferably put CM7 on if an updated build was ported, as all issues have now been resolved on the Blade.

Edited by Stu C

Guest tilal6991

Firstly, this ROM is a port of CM7 for the Blade. This camera bug was introduced in the build when something else was changed around the start of last November. This port uses a CM7 nightly from mid-November, and therefore has the bug. The bug was fixed on the Blade around the end of Nov/early Dec (I can't remember exactly when). I am running n257plus2 on my Blade, which is running perfectly.

Unless I have missed a new addition, this is not included in any of the official CM7 builds, but has been added to most of the KANGS built by forum members (e.g. I use n257plus compiled by burstlam which includes soft buttons).

I have put Atomic on my wife's Skate, but would preferably put CM7 on if an updated build was ported, as all issues have now been resolved on the Blade.

Its not a port. Its built from scratch.

I will release an iupdated build soon.

Its not a port. Its built from scratch.

I will release an iupdated build soon.

Speaking of port,I am now attempting to port a blade build so that I can get softkeys from one of sej's builds.

I have changed the obvious like wifi,bluetooth,boot.img,but what other things would need changing for it to be a success? At the moment,as I got some time today,I am going through trial and error :lol:

:D :D :D I done it!

Well not a port,but I got my softbuttons.I opened your build,then replaced the entire framework folder with one from sej's blade build,and also replaced systemui.apk for good meassure.

With the skates big screen,they are even more usable than when I had my blade.

Then with a little honeycomb love its a whole new level of awesomeness :D

post-796032-0-61370400-1326282098_thumb.

Edited by Guest

only had my omc for a week

have been trying atomic but while waiting for another final tonight i have been using cm7

its very impressive :)

BUT

as a newbie have i missed any threads which point out the whats been using battery (in about phone )

is not resetting when i plug in ? and seems corrupted on the graphics?

plus i would love to use go launcher but phone soft button on dock is very unresponsive unlike adw stock which is instant !

interestingly adw ex dock doesnt work at all !!

any ideas ? was clean install last night and only thing changed is ics theme for cm7

sorry if this is old news

and thanks to all for their hard work

p.s

yes

jikobutsu that is awsome!

Edited by ebus

@ebus,

I am using adw ex in cm7 now,it works fine,try reinstalling it.

If the graphics are a problem,go to cm settings/performance and disable 16 bit transparency and reboot.

Edited by Guest