CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

There might be a fix for the Proximity Sensor problem while calling.

Read and discuss about it here:

http://android.modac...ost__p__1889684

I also want to thank everybody who has a part in creating this amazing ROM.

Special thanks to tilal6991 for all his great work and to Wacky.ddw for creating the perfect installation guide.

Edited by avenn

Yes looks to be 180 degrees out... odd as other compass applications seem to orient correctly.

Even more strange is that if you hold the phone slightly away from horizontal, it works properly.

I hope it is just a configuration file somewhere. No much time to look at this these days

I’m running this ROM and use Link2SD. Now I would like to force uninstall a few preinstalled apps that I never use using “titanium backup” but I’m not sure it’s safe to do. Can somebody give me some advice? The apps I had in mind are:

ROMManager (don’t use it)

File Manager (Since I use ES File Explorer)

News & Weather (don’t use it)

Thanks in advance

Edited by avenn

I’m running this ROM and use Link2SD. Now I would like to force uninstall a few preinstalled apps that I never use using “titanium backup” but I’m not sure it’s safe to do. Can somebody give me some advice? The apps I had in mind are:

ROMManager (don’t use it)

File Manager (Since I use ES File Explorer)

News & Weather (don’t use it)

Thanks in advance

Dont use links2sd for cm7,use S2E much better.

You can uninstall all of those apps,no problem!

Edited by Guest

I have an odd problem, quite often in the last time, when playing a movie or running an application with sound, the phone is starting microphony very loud. It stop by itself when I stop the running application. What could be the source of the problem?

This thread should be locked. The rom has been depreciated and is no longer supported. Please look to ice armour as a cm7 alternative.

tilal, I want to thank you for your work on this ROM. :)

Guest timfimjim

As an ex blade user and a lifelong cm7 fan, is it me or does cm7 for Skate feel a lot smoother and zippier? Plus the customisations available, and battery life gives me a day of heavy usage fine, got absolutely no problems with it. Why isn't everyone on this rom??

This rom owns will update it to CM9 later when its more stable (Camera working and such)

There is already a cm9 rom.This rom cannot be updated to cm9 as it is a completely different android version.

If you want a more updated version of cm7 then use this:

This rom is not supported anymore!

As tilal has said,

This thread should be locked. The rom has been depreciated and is no longer supported. Please look to ice armour as a cm7 alternative.

Guest Dovbush

I want to use OMC with this ROOM for corporate mail; the remote exchange server requires that the phone supports external security services (hardware/ firmware related!), such as erase data, password rules etc. All phones and Android devices I tried support this, except for one cheap no-brand phone from China.

Does this phone (this ROOM) support this as well?

Thank you.

Edited by Dovbush

Guest Dovbush

I want to use OMC with this ROOM for corporate mail; the remote exchange server requires that the phone supports external security services (hardware/ firmware related!), such as erase data, password rules etc.

Thank you.

Can someone answer please?

Thanks.

Edited by Dovbush

Guest razzmataz1478

Thanks a lot.

Someone tried it?

I use Ice Armour II which is based on cm7 and you can add corporate accounts in settings I haven't tried it though. You should use Ice Armour II if you want CM7 as this rom is no longer supported

I had to use an app called Touchdown (which is not free). The default email app gives an error message about the phone not supporting the necessary security requirements.

I believe the security requirements required by our exchange server are to remote-wipe the emails in case I report the phone lost, and to require a pin to access the emails.

I want to use OMC with this ROOM for corporate mail; the remote exchange server requires that the phone supports external security services (hardware/ firmware related!), such as erase data, password rules etc. All phones and Android devices I tried support this, except for one cheap no-brand phone from China.

Thank you.

Guest PedroVader
The mobile lost the wifi connection every time, how can I fix it?

I'd suggest moving onto Ice Armor 2, this version is no longer supported. Tilal has moved to developing CM9 now.

I'd rather stick with this (I was happy enough with it on my old blade). Okay it took me one evening to get the drivers sorted and unlock it and admin it and then an hour the next night to get clockworkmod running and put the CM7 nightly onto it. Great posts on here though I did find the giff gaff entries very useful.

Guest PedroVader
I'd rather stick with this (I was happy enough with it on my old blade). Okay it took me one evening to get the drivers sorted and unlock it and admin it and then an hour the next night to get clockworkmod running and put the CM7 nightly onto it. Great posts on here though I did find the giff gaff entries very useful.

I'm moving to giffgaff in about a weeks time when my contract finishes :D

Ice Armor II is a great CM7 rom, and still supported, I'm using it when not testing ICS.

Guest cola127

This is a freshly compiled CM7 ROM for the ZTE Skate / OMC. It is built from the latest CM repo sync and has all the latest features. It is suitable for every day use now - everything works :)

Features:

Android 2.3.7

Latest CM nightly

Custom compiled kernel with overclocking

Working:

Everything

Not working:

Bluetooth - fixed in version 2.0

WiFi - fixed in version 0.9

Youtube videos - fixed in version 0.6

RIL - fixed in version 0.5, version 0.6 and version 1.0

Mobile Data - fixed in version 0.5, version 0.6 and version 1.0

Camera - fixed in version 0.5

Sensors - fixed in version 0.5

FM Radio - fixed in version 0.5

Memory problems - fixed in version 1.0

GPS - fixed in version 2.0

Wifi Hotspot - fixed in version 3.0

Camera not taking 640x480 videos - fixed in version 3.5

Proximity sensor issues - fixed in version 3.5

(this list may be incomplete)

Changelog:

Version 0.1:

Initial release

Version 0.5:

Fixed RIL

Fixed mobile data

Fixed camera

Fixed sensors

Fixed FM radio

Version 0.6:

Fixed RIL (again)

Fixed mobile data (again)

Fixed videos / Youtube

Imporved graphics performance

Version 0.9:

Fixed WiFi

Version 1.0:

Fixed RIL (again)

Fixed mobile data (again)

Fixed WiFI further

Fixed memory problems

Improved battery life

Fixed FM radio memory leak

ADDED OVERCLOCKING OF CPU AND GPU with Smartass and Interactive governers!!!!!!!!!!

Version 2.0:

Fixed Bluetooth

Fixed GPS

Updated to latest repo

Android 2.3.7

Generic fixes

Version 2.5:

Synced to latest repos

Various bugfixes

Various added features

Proximity sensor calibration

Improved graphics performance

Various other things

Version 3:

Synced to latest repos

Various bugfixes

Improved stability

Fixed WiFi hotspot

Proximity sensor calibration improved

Improved graphics performance

Version 3.5 - FINAL VERSION:

Fixed proximity calibration

Fixed camera not taking 640x480 videos

Click the Plus at the right bottom corner of this post of you like it :)

Github repo: Here

Download links:

Version 0.1 - Here

Version 0.5 - Here

Version 0.6 - Here

Version 1.0 - Here

Version 2.0 - Here

Version 2.5 - Here - MD5SUM: 9d846a94a8ba96656a15fb38e1425750

Version 3.0 - Here - MD5SUM: f5fac2d2a5ba54511d928a3afd73fa4b

Version 3.5 - Here

can you telle me the md5sum of the version 3.5

Using CM7 on both my Skate and Blade I seem to get more space for apps on the Blade.

I read the Skate also has 512mb of memory.

Does it need unlocking like the blade had to be or is it being taken up by other resources?

Thanks,

LJ.

Update: okay found the TPT entries, not too sure if I should be messing with the memory layout.

Edited by eLJay