• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

1125 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Ask Zte guys :D Well, looks like hardware doesn't support this. I personally believe it is not possible to make it work. I was trying to code torch app myself but I could only make it blink...

Posted · Report post

How can i install the update-cm7-7-20120316-nightly-skate.signed.zip? The link a few post behind doesn´t work, then i tried from goo inside app and it always crash before finish downloading!

Thanks for your help!

Posted · Report post

Link doesn't work anymore? That a probleem with goo-inside.me maybe.

Posted · Report post

I really like to use Cm7. However, all versions are unuseable for me due to slow wifi (I'm on Fibre).

With Atomic I can d/l at 20-23 megs. With Cm7 I am lucky to get 5 megs - and also get retry errors in Market.

I assume its a kernal issue?

Posted · Report post

Works great for me, I had a proximity sensor issue but it's fixed.

I will also try atomic.

I just have one question. Is there a way to play FM radio through speakers in stock CM7 radio app ?

Posted · Report post

Link not working?

I really liked this ROM but with the last version Proximity Sensor cali was not working.

Maybe with the new one it is?

The CM9 rom is not for everyday use yet because of camera and slow typing so this is a great alternative...

Really liking your work :)

Posted · Report post

Does maps/compass work correctly, or is out upside down like with Ice Armor?

Any answer on that?

Posted · Report post

How can i install the update-cm7-7-20120316-nightly-skate.signed.zip? The link a few post behind doesn´t work, then i tried from goo inside app and it always crash before finish downloading!

Thanks for your help!

I quote myself! I hope the link return to work soon!

Posted · Report post

Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Thanks! Downloading now!

Posted · Report post

Nice update here tilal,no problems with the rom,and battery life seems to be good.biggrin.gif

Posted · Report post

Does any of the arm6 modded flash players work on this rom? I have just flashed Ice Armor III and can't get any of them to work on it.

Posted · Report post

the link doesnt work :o the new one too :(

Posted · Report post

the link doesnt work :o the new one too :(

ok work ;)

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the work but I have a very annoying problem, everytime that I make a call or answer a call and the screen times out and gets black I can't end the call or go to any screen at all its all black screen and no buttons work so have to remove battery and restart the phone

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the work but I have a very annoying problem, everytime that I make a call or answer a call and the screen times out and gets black I can't end the call or go to any screen at all its all black screen and no buttons work so have to remove battery and restart the phone

Calibrate the proximity sensor, should be in zte settings.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi, Im trying to flash 3.5 so I got update-cm-7-06012012-Skate-NIGHTLY.zip and load it up in rom manager but after its flashed ad rebooted it says I have

Android version: 2.3.7

Baseband: unknown

Kernel: 2.6.35.7

Mod version: cyanogenmod-7-11132011-NIGHTLY-Skate

Build number: GWK74

the zip have MD5: 4356AE23FDFBFF167619134B021948EA

*FIXED*

the link in post 1 is wrong so got the one from

Edited by MrPaNtsONhEaD

Posted · Report post

Calibrate the proximity sensor, should be in zte settings.

I can¨t for some reason, when i press show calibration settings its empty and when I press the calibrate button nothing happens.

Android version: 2.3.7

Baseband: unknown

Kernel: 2.6.35.7

Mod version: cyanogenmod-7-11132011-NIGHTLY-Skate

Build number: GWK74

Posted · Report post

I have been trying several ROMS for the past days and I'm still not sure on wich one to choose... can anyone give me an ideia of battery life of CM7 versus logicmod? CM7 looks really, really full featured but I need something with the best battery life possible

Posted · Report post

Okay , Thank you all :D

Posted · Report post

hey :)

when we can hope for a 7.2 update?

thanks

Posted · Report post

Hi all,

I just bought a ZTE Skate in Shenzhen, China. It´s unbranded and unlocked. I have followed the steps described in the thread "Rooting for beginners" to install this ROM, the problem is that after installing the ROM the screen is not responding (the screen was working after installing clockworkmod), but the physical buttons do work. I tried changing the ROM to ICE ARMOR III, AtOmIc, Skatie and Z3 but the problem continues. If I install this stock "ROM GB_CURETAIL_P743V1.0.0B11-update_signed" the screen does work, but the problem is that the android market/play store is not installed, in consequence the phone is almost useless. I think that there are only 2 options here:

1) I got a fake Skate (I saw impressive things in Shenzhen), but a fake ZTE is not likely or

2) (not sure if this is possible) this phone is from a fresh batch/lot and the screen comes from a new supplier, thus the driver is missing in the custom ROMs.

By the way, I've searched for a similar problem in the forum but I was not able to find something similar.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Best,