CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

Guest tilal6991

On thing...I am using CM7 on my SF and I also noticed this with CM7 for the OMC, how can I get the android Market app because the CM7 doesn't have it for some reason?...everytime I seem to download the Market app from the internet via wireless...the .apk file fails to install.

Oh and...thank you for the update with the progress of the CM7 rom

Search for GAPPS in Google and flash the 06 one on top of CM.

Search for GAPPS in Google and flash the 06 one on top of CM.

I've done that but don't see Market anywhere, i've got an o2 sim card in so has that got anything to do with it?

Are you connected to WiFI / internet?

No...it wasn't turned on, i'll do it now and see what happens.

Its working now, the Market app magically appeared a minute after turning on my WIFI...woohoo! Thanks again tital6991 :)

Edited by Navie

No...it wasn't turned on, i'll do it now and see what happens.

Its working now, the Market app magically appeared a minute after turning on my WIFI...woohoo! Thanks again tital6991 :)

Btw,,,i'm using the same gmail account on 2 phones to access the Market, should I be worried from doing that or is it okay?

Can I download that manually instead of using GAPPS? I'll save that for my ZTE Skate :) thanks.

this is only for the latest version of the android market, basicly will just update your currant market app, wink.gif

you should stll use GAPPS

Edited by tillaz

Guest dadashi

I tried installing the 03September CM7 but when I go to give my account details the OS reboots!! I tried several times, just reboots when I press add account...

EDIT: I went around it and chose Market and there I could sign into my account.

When I press contacts it breaks up "The process android.process.acore has stopped..."

Edited by dadashi

Guest tilal6991

I tried installing the 03September CM7 but when I go to give my account details the OS reboots!! I tried several times, just reboots when I press add account...

EDIT: I went around it and chose Market and there I could sign into my account.

When I press contacts it breaks up "The process android.process.acore has stopped..."

Don;t use september gapps. Use the July ones.

a rom is basically the whole OS

A kernel is a part of the OS (the central component of the OS)

Does that mean when using CM7 on my Skate that any kernels that I have used for increased cpu speed will disappear? I only ask because CM7 increases the speed of a OMC by almost double and since the kernal is part of the rom as you have stated then CM7 will overtake that, or a I thinking wrong?

Does that mean when using CM7 on my Skate that any kernels that I have used for increased cpu speed will disappear? I only ask because CM7 increases the speed of a OMC by almost double and since the kernal is part of the rom as you have stated then CM7 will overtake that, or a I thinking wrong?

CM7 normally uses an overclockable kernel so you can make the phone even faster, its in the CM7 settings

CM7 normally uses an overclockable kernel so you can make the phone even faster, its in the CM7 settings

So you can use a normal kernel and then also use the one in CM7 settings too?...or just the CM7 settings?

So you can use a normal kernel and then also use the one in CM7 settings too?...or just the CM7 settings?

every rom has its own kernel and can only use one at a time.. but can be changed, its like flashing a new rom (the old one is replaced)

Edited by tillaz

every rom has its own kernel and can only use one at a time.. but can be changed, its like flashing a new rom (the old one is replaced)

This is all new to me :D thanks