CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

This is going to sound very basic and stupid...but how do I apply the wallpaper?...I have saved it in my SD card and applied it but the wallpaper is not showing? Also...is res/drawable-hdpi a folder because I can't find it.

res/drawable-hdpi are folders inside the launcher2.apk on stock rom, you need something like winrar to open them.

Edited by tillaz

res/drawable-hdpi are folders inside the launcher2.apk on stock from, you need something like winrar to open them.

go to gallery app select the wallpaper you want then press menu button/more/set as/wallpaper then adjust the box to your liking then press savesmile.gif

Found launcher2.apk, i'm going to put the apk file on my phone and then install the .apk from there :)

I've fixed things now, thanks. Btw...has the maximum frequency changed for anyone?

Edited by Navie

I'm sure tital said he got 1.13MHz on his phone :)

it depends on your device some can go this high some can only get to 940mhz

iv just done a quadrant test and got 1439 at 940mhz smile.gif

Guest philmein

great rom all working well

is there a way to use media share and orange signal boost with this rom both apps are very handy to me

Edited by philmein

Guest tilal6991

great rom all working well

is there a way to use media share and orange signal boost with this rom both apps are very handy to me

I'll see what I can do in the next release.

Some feedback on CM7:

The phone seems so much responsive than before, overall its excellent and everything is working fine, I don't use Bluetooth so that does not apply to me :)

A couple of things I have noticed...a pattern lock was in place instead of the slider phone unlock, not sure where it came from but...if you just press on any number the phone unlocks, I put a pattern lock on so now its okay.

Lastly...this morning I put my phone on and the green man came on and stayed there for a good 5 minutes, the phone wouldn't boot at all. If it helps to isolate the problem...I switched the phone on after a long charge and then the green man came up, I removed the charging cable and still nothing (the green man was there), after trying to find out how to reboot my phone without taking off the back cover...I plugged in the charger again and the phone rebooted and started up just fine, thought i'd mention it :)

Overall...excellent so far tital and thank you for the hard work! :)

Guest Johnny Hung

Use an app called Link2SD

Original , I also use link2sd on the official ROM, working well . (mount to /data/sd-ext2/ working not problem)

But, after flash CM7, link2sd can't working , mount script error ! (I had 2gb ext2 space on the sdcard) (default mount to /sd-ext2/ ,so if link2sd working will show error!)

If I setting move the app to sd in the application setting, the app will be lose ???~

Ok have installed this, and on reboot, it has the little blue Android guy on his skateboard, then it goes to the rotating arrow, goes round once and goes back to the skateboard guy, just keeps doing this over and over. Help!

Guest philmein

Ok have installed this, and on reboot, it has the little blue Android guy on his skateboard, then it goes to the rotating arrow, goes round once and goes back to the skateboard guy, just keeps doing this over and over. Help!

have you done a wipe before installing cm7

been using this for a while and have found very fyew problems, excellent work by the way wink.gif

1. sound is very low without the Dolby digital, if you could get it back in would be great

2. battery life seems to be a bit worse than stock

3. phone can get rather hot when charging and using

battery life been the biggest for me.

thanks for keeping the OMC alive! smile.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest cyberbit

What is the diference between this one and the blue one, i am working with the blue one without any problems. I only need the overclock , i will test the newone when the bluetooth works.

Great work all of you.

one thing i don't understand is why CM7 rom is 88.7mb packed & about 130mb unpacked.

stock rom 125mb packed & about 204mb unpacked

why is the dalvik-chche on CM7 nearly double of the stock rom ?

meaning on CM7 you have about 20mb less internal memory even tho the rom its alot smaller than stock with no crap. ? blink.gif

Edited by tillaz