Stock camera on trip Miui?

Guest Ankit tulsian

Guest Ankit tulsian

Can some one port stock camera on trip miui? I tried to paste in the system app folder and tried to change permissions but no luck. Stock camera has some very nice features which miui lacks.

Guest BuglyAstard

I actually like the miui camera/camcorder better, the only thing that I remember being missing is zoom, but miui cam has things the stock does not. One more thing, the camera from tripndroid rom works in miui, so I have 2 camera depending on what I need.

Guest drdownload

Main problem with Miui-Camera is the Camcorder Part which sucks compared to the SE Stock, (slow AF - even no AF in newer Versions, bad video quality)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kevjef420

very simple.

Just take a rom that has the stock camera app in it. (Wolfs for example)

Open the .zip up and find the app folder.

Find the camera.apk file.

Copy and paste to your SD card.

Install as any other non-market app (file manager) and it works.

I have been doing this on all miui roms as I find it is much faster to switch between normal auto focus and macro focus. (i use this all the time at work to take pictures of the welds that I am inspecting)

Enjoy

Main problem with Miui-Camera is the Camcorder Part which sucks compared to the SE Stock, (slow AF - even no AF in newer Versions, bad video quality)

very simple.

Just take a rom that has the stock camera app in it. (Wolfs for example)

Open the .zip up and find the app folder.

Find the camera.apk file.

Copy and paste to your SD card.

Install as any other non-market app (file manager) and it works.

I have been doing this on all miui roms as I find it is much faster to switch between normal auto focus and macro focus. (i use this all the time at work to take pictures of the welds that I am inspecting)

Enjoy

Not that easy my friend, if it were that easy, then every rom would have the stock semc camera, also a sony camera app name is SEMC camera not camera.apk..I don't know where u have gotten this info, u can't install it that easily either, u need to push the apk in system/ app folder then fix permission....more likely it wont work it'll just force close.

Semc camera app will only work for semc stock roms...if u have made this work, I would like to see some screen shots

Edited by kumayam