[ROM] [3.2] Vegacomb 3.2 Build 5

Guest il_cholo

Guest Durbybard

Im currently using modoco R8, is there a guide on how I would install the modded stock rom V2 and then vegacomb3.2 ?

Hiya, i put a write up here...

As you have R8 installed which includes recovery, you won't need to do the first 6 points, just run recovery and do a backup of your rom, then follow steps 7 onwards.

Hope this helps

Chris....

Guest ThomasAstor

Stupid question I know but you have installed flash player ?

If so I would be happy to compare settings to see why mine is working without issue and yours wont thomas

Flash 10.3 is installed.

I use AWD as launcher.

I would be really grateful if you could indeed.

Thanks.

T.

Edited by ThomasAstor

Guest premieral

Flash 10.3 is installed.

I use AWD as launcher.

I would be really grateful if you could indeed.

Thanks.

T.

Hi Thomas after looking through my settings the one which is most likely to cause a problem is not enabling javascript , however i have listed the other stuff below just in case.

good luck

al

okay well i am using Dolphin HD but i have tested Iplayer in the stock browser as well and both fine.

i am using latest flash from market which starts 10.3.

My Dolphin HD settings are:-

web address for iplayer http:/www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

dolphin settings:-

user agent desktop

page content settings:-

text size large

default zoom close

open pages in overview .. ticked

block pop ups.....ticked

load images ........ticked

auto fit pages .....ticked

enable javascript .... ticked

enable plug ins.........ticked option "on demand "

hope these help

Guest BTatHome

Will try again later but tablet was fully charged and had power plugged in too and always do wipes at each flash, so at least it wasn't something stupid.

I saw the comment about bad blocks, but find it strange that this only started in the very last update (all previous updates worked fine ... and now all previous updates don't work at all).

Anyway it will have to wait until later as I failed to bring it to work with me.

Tried to reinstall again last night and everything worked !!!

Didn't change my update procedure at all but everything back to normal now (build7).

Guest ThomasAstor

user agent desktop

Al, it was the desktop option which I changed for whatever reason when I re-installed VC 3.2 7.

All working now.

Thanks again.

T.

Guest premieral

Al, it was the desktop option which I changed for whatever reason when I re-installed VC 3.2 7.

All working now.

Thanks again.

T.

result :D have fun

Alan

Guest Notsofastmatey

Well, 3.2 build 7 was the first custom ROM I installed (my Vega came 2nd hand with the Modaco ROM), and it is fantastic. Thank you to all those involved. It feels like the battery life in "standby" is a little worse than the Modaco ROM, as I think others have found. On looking through the settings I saw that mobile data was enabled and had used some of the juice. Given that there is no modem or SIM slot I obviously turned it off. Thought I'd share as it might be a way of eking out a few more minutes.

Guest Gruzagrew

I have finally got my wifi issues sorted. (Vega would not connect to wifi kept looping through scanning, authenticating etc etc but never connected) For those of you suffering the same issues mine was fixed by going back to mod stock version 1. Version 2 must have been the issue.

first of all what a great release!

but what is eating all power from battery, yesterday i my tab was on charge whole night, at morning I did remove from charger.

about 3pm I did start to use, and what battery was left only 27% ?!

whole time it was standby (screen off) and airplane mode on.

Guest Notsofastmatey

first of all what a great release!

but what is eating all power from battery, yesterday i my tab was on charge whole night, at morning I did remove from charger.

about 3pm I did start to use, and what battery was left only 27% ?!

whole time it was standby (screen off) and airplane mode on.

Same problem here. Mobile data was not the answer. In use battery usage is fine, but left for a few hours it loses around 40%.

Same problem here. Mobile data was not the answer. In use battery usage is fine, but left for a few hours it loses around 40%.

You guys know about resetting battery stats using CWM, right?

yep I did after flashing newest vegacomb rom

Hmm... I might be talking rubbish here, but try installing CPU master. My thought is that the processor is running at full speed' and CPU master slows the CPU down when it isn't doing much.

Guest phoenix40uk

I've had a few problems since installing Vegacomb 3.2v7 and am hoping for some help.

1. cannot find BBC iPlayer in the market.

2. Tried installing from a previous backup but when I run the app it says my phone is not compatible with iplayer. I have set my browser setting to "desktop" but still no joy.

3. Can't view my avi files using hardware decoding - have been told honeycomb does not support avi format? Will try reencoding to different format and see if that helps, but would really like some help.

Thanks

Guest Durbybard

I've had a few problems since installing Vegacomb 3.2v7 and am hoping for some help.

1. cannot find BBC iPlayer in the market.

2. Tried installing from a previous backup but when I run the app it says my phone is not compatible with iplayer. I have set my browser setting to "desktop" but still no joy.

3. Can't view my avi files using hardware decoding - have been told honeycomb does not support avi format? Will try reencoding to different format and see if that helps, but would really like some help.

Thanks

Hiya,

1. Iplayer not supported yet on 3.2 as with other apps like facebook as far as i can make out, For Iplayer make sure you have 10.3 flash player installed from market and go to the web browser version at www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer, as works fine for me with no problems. Web browser is am running is Dolphin for Pad which is andriod 3.0 and above, really nice browser.

2. Installing a backup copy won't work either as again not supported for 3.2, tried with facebook backup, some things work like profile, most recent posts etc don't work so i use web browser.

3. Not sure what type files are hardware supported on 3.2, i use MX Video Player which plays my .avi files via software decoding fine. Another popular play is Moboplayer.

Chris....

Guest phoenix40uk
<br />Hiya,<br /><br />1. Iplayer not supported yet on 3.2 as with other apps like facebook as far as i can make out, For Iplayer make sure you have 10.3 flash player installed from market and go to the web browser version at www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer, as works fine for me with no problems. Web browser is am running is Dolphin for Pad which is andriod 3.0 and above, really nice browser.<br /><br />2. Installing a backup copy won't work either as again not supported for 3.2, tried with facebook backup, some things work like profile, most recent posts etc don't work so i use web browser.<br /><br />3. Not sure what type files are hardware supported on 3.2, i use MX Video Player which plays my .avi files via software decoding fine. Another popular play is Moboplayer.<br /><br />Chris....<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Cool- thanks. Have got iplayer running on browser now. Have tested movie files and sure enough mp4 files will run under hardware acceleration, but avi files only use software decoding - except for those files on my nas which I have connected via smb - where mp4 files won't play at all. No big deal, most stuff on my nas is avi and I have re-encoded the files on my vega to mp4. All good!

Guest Durbybard

Hiya,

Anyone experiencing very very slow data transfer rates when copying files from PC to Vega via USB???

Mine is so slow it makes USB 1.1 look like light speed.

I am getting about 250kbs per second on Vegacomb 3.2 build 7, other roms give around 2-4mb per second.

Also the usb connection keeps randomly dropping when copying, which is weird.

Just wondered if anyone else had similar problems??

Chris....

Guest newbe5

Hiya,

Anyone experiencing very very slow data transfer rates when copying files from PC to Vega via USB???

Mine is so slow it makes USB 1.1 look like light speed.

I am getting about 250kbs per second on Vegacomb 3.2 build 7, other roms give around 2-4mb per second.

Also the usb connection keeps randomly dropping when copying, which is weird.

Just wondered if anyone else had similar problems??

Chris....

Sounds like a faulty cable to me!

Sounds like a faulty cable to me!

Just tested this. about 4MB/S from Vega to PC and 700KB to 1.2MB /S from PC to Vega with original class 4 card. Worst problem is Vega dropped the connection when the screen timed out, BTW That's build 7 on modded stock v2.

anyone had repetitive keying in problems ? for example when I press e, i get 2 e's. Same with w.

thanks

Not that I've noticed; but I'm a rubbish typist anyway. ;)