[ROM] [19-08] TripNDroid Mobile Engineering

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest cjsabaki

Make a xrec back up then see if miui back up will work. I delete miui back up app first off!! Lol!!

I stay away from any restore, it works ok, or it doesn't, so I don't!!

Sorry, not a good answer!

Best regards,

Chris

Sent from my X10 TripNDroid using Tapatalk

HOLY s*** TRIP frigging amazing, this Beta is perfect, my bluetooth issues are gone, so far not one issue, can't wait until tomorrow to test music and gps.

oops forgot, yes backup/restore works, restored my 100+apps with an issue.

Edited by iggy2

Guest ZePhantom

Make a xrec back up then see if miui back up will work. I delete miui back up app first off!! Lol!!

I stay away from any restore, it works ok, or it doesn't, so I don't!!

Sorry, not a good answer!

Best regards,

Chris

Sent from my X10 TripNDroid using Tapatalk

I use it to restore call logs and SMSs.

Easiest method and part of the reason I stick to MIUI :)

So far everything is fine.

Launcher is FCing as everyone has said, apart form that this ROM is faster and smoother then the previous MIUI Roms from TRIP :)

Loving it.

Trip, suggestion .. any updates, see if you can make it as update.zip files and we can just simply use xrec to update and not have to worry about re-installing apps etc.

:)

Guest RobertX10i

Launcher is FCing as everyone has said, apart form that this ROM is faster and smoother then the previous MIUI Roms from TRIP :)

Loving it.

Trip, suggestion .. any updates, see if you can make it as update.zip files and we can just simply use xrec to update and not have to worry about re-installing apps etc.

Trip has repeatedly written in several posts that there are no updates available as such. every new version of MIUI, or in this case aspects of it implemented in his new roms, will have to be tweaked independently every single time. A .zip file for updating is probably not going to happen...

Edited by RobertX10i

Guest BuglyAstard

I never thought Id say this, but I really like the miui launcher, so Im sticking to 103. I checked this out and for sure its great, but if I kept it I would need go launcher, the sony arc looks pretty but no options. I was wondering why trip used the older arc launcher that doesnt have the ability to uninstall app from the app drawer, because I could live with that one.

***I want to know if the camera app from tripndroid can be used in the miui 103 rom? Its really cool looking and settings are quickly accessed. I may just try it myself***

I also would like to know if this is just a few changes, like the arc launcher, or if theres more under the skin I havent seen yet. I really like 103, so I just see this as a different flavor with the same awesome performance. I noticed in this tripndroid, theres a nice transition effect to contacts, and phone etc. It for sure has its own style and retains most of the great miui features, but I miss the launcher and miui file manager. Im not trying to take anything away from this, its really fast and I probably havent seen all the things that trip has included but I end up using it anyway because the camera looks and works awesome.

Conclusion so far, both roms equally amazing, just different flavors.

Thanks tripnraver for putting some polish to our x10s!!

Guest ZePhantom

I know its not available .. Hence why it is a suggestion ;)

If the MIUI build is not affected then I dont see why it cant be done.

I would install and test more Roms if there was a more stable backup and restore process and a easier Update method other then a compelte reinstall.

Its offerred as a suggestion. Its up to Trip himself what he wants to do with it. If its not possible, then so be it.

Guest bolinoy

just a suggestion, if possible and doable, to make the calendar icon show the current date, just like in iphone, i think this will be very very cool! cool.gif

Guest SleepyX10

Hi!

I still have THE SMS issue: i can't send or receive sms... When i try to send one, it stucks on "sending" even rebooting the SMS is still sending...

Of course i'm on bb71...

I had the Same issue on iris 101-103 and on wb 4... And also on cyanogen Zmod 7

Any suggestion?

Anyway this new beta seems a very good one... Very smooth!

Edited by SleepyX10

Guest ltchd1983

semctriplogo.jpg

TripNDroid Mobile Engineering "the official rom" BETA C001.235.D.B71 IS NOW AVAILABLE

REQUIRED

- 2.6.29-00054-g5f01537 SEMC kernel

- Baseband (smallband) 2.1.71

TripNDroid Mobile Engineering presents you his official (beta) rom;

Rom information

- Boot system by SEMC

- Systemcore: TripNDroid

- Engine: Android 2.3.5 latest Gingerbread release

tripnraver modified, changed, improved

- Powered and customized by MIUI, CyanogenMod, SEMC and Google

tripnraver modified

- Mobile Bravia 4.0.A.2.368

created by SEMC

tripnraver ported and matched for qsd8k

- Advised baseband 2.1.71 (short .71)

the advised baseband is always listed in the rom version

Everything should be working but the rom is still in beta stage, the goal is to make a rom with the best parts of CM, MIUI, SE, Google in just 1 rom. Also this is my personal rom so request are pretty useless but if i (or alot of users) think it will be a good addon then it will be included.

Misc information

- FPS fully uncapped

- Quadrant score 1650 - 1750

- EXT4 50mb swap file (no user input required)

- LED notification colors can be changed in settings

- TripNRaVeR tweaks,hacks,improvements included

- MIUI Themes

- Custom camera interface

Currently available ROM downloads

TD-C001.235.D.B71

http://www.mediafire...1ufgi5tdp884h9b

https://rapidshare.c...-TripNRaVeR.zip

Hope you like this as much as i do, its my personal favourite!

Have fun! B)

T.

OK thank you very much ! have hope fun ;;)

Guest BuglyAstard

On page 78 of the 103 miui, jpminou posted an extended menu zip, if you use this on this rom you get the miui launcher plus the extended options without pulling the battery, you still need to mount system though. I also installed the miui file manager with ease, Im sure trip had his reasons for not including it but it does work, just use root explorer and paste it into system/app and makes permissions the same as the included file manager, reboot and done. I tried to pm trip but hes full, so I hope this doesnt cause a cluster of questions but its pretty simple and works.

YIKES hold off, after a reboot I got stuck, Im not going to post this stuff anymore Im crazy. It was fine until reboot then it got stuck on a black screen dont try it I dont want to create problems on trips thread because Im a drunken retard tonight.

Edited by BuglyAstard

Guest ROMan0

Great aproach Trip! Like it very much.

One single thing I recognised which does not behave as it should (I think ;)). Like in 103 some menues have black text on dark grey background which makes it very hard to read.

I.e. on the homescreen I push menu button -> add(+). The following list is black on dark only.B)

Nice Tom trip,

Everything working here.

Wifi ok

Data ok

SMS ok

Mms ok

One thing I've noticed though is the data icon arrows for up and down data aren't working at all.

Regards

Barry.

Will keep testing this for a days or two as I can't find a thing wrong on Iris 103 lol.

Guest bolinoy

On page 78 of the 103 miui, jpminou posted an extended menu zip, if you use this on this rom you get the miui launcher plus the extended options without pulling the battery, you still need to mount system though. I also installed the miui file manager with ease, Im sure trip had his reasons for not including it but it does work, just use root explorer and paste it into system/app and makes permissions the same as the included file manager, reboot and done. I tried to pm trip but hes full, so I hope this doesnt cause a cluster of questions but its pretty simple and works.

YIKES hold off, after a reboot I got stuck, Im not going to post this stuff anymore Im crazy. It was fine until reboot then it got stuck on a black screen dont try it I dont want to create problems on trips thread because Im a drunken retard tonight.

omg! i did this already.... haven't restarted yet, but i cannot see the extended options "Show Carrier", "Show Carrier Logo", etc. unsure.gif

Guest Dalkbur

For me this ROM works faster (I mean, REALLY FASTER) than TripNMiUI 103. Smoother, stable...Nice work Trip. I'm using right now WIFI without problems, I'll try data in a few hours. Thanks for your roms!

Guest Dalkbur

It's odd. Push works for mail app but when you launch the app you get a nice FC. Can someone else test it? I need to have the default mail app to use exchange at the work, and I don't know if it's just on my phone or if it's a common issue. Thanks!

Guest Dalkbur

+1 to the update.zip. It's terrible when you flash several roms in a day and restore your apps several times in that day... hehe

Loving it.

Guest InSaiyanOne

I hope y'all are keeping in mind that this is Trips rom...more than the others. This is mainly what he wants/expects from his phone so the tweaks (though suggested) are what he feels should be done. I'm sure he appreciates the suggestions but I think we should keep it to bug reports.

With all the other roms out there a lot of their features that you may want can be implemented yourself...