[ROM] [19-08] TripNDroid Mobile Engineering

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest SleepyX10

Correct,

this patch was created by cobrato and this one (smsbb67.zip) says, that it is for bb.67, and if have read right (please correct me if not) you are using bb71 and have a sms problem. I use bb67 with tripnmiui 100 and up with all files out of the bb67 tft for flashtool and only the kernel sin from bb71 for flashtool. THEN you have to use the bb67smspatch from cobrato, not if you are on bb71. And only as info, I'm using my rom atm also with the freekernelmod 4.02, is working fine and gives me a little speed improvment, cause of the 1.3Ghz max frequency and at the same time better battery cause of the undervolting and underclocking to 128Mhz ;)

Regards,

L

You're right: i was on bb71 and sms didn't work... Then i flashed this cobrato's patch and sending works well but i can't receive.

Some days ago i tried to flash trip's bb67 onto his 71 ( i previously removed kernel.sin from bb67) but when i rebooted the phone it stucked at "Sony Ericsson"... That's why i reflashed bb71 again...

Maybe i was wrong about the way to switch from 71 to 67?

Guest 9Lukas5

You're right: i was on bb71 and sms didn't work... Then i flashed this cobrato's patch and sending works well but i can't receive.

Some days ago i tried to flash trip's bb67 onto his 71 ( i previously removed kernel.sin from bb67) but when i rebooted the phone it stucked at "Sony Ericsson"... That's why i reflashed bb71 again...

Maybe i was wrong about the way to switch from 71 to 67?

If you have flashtool 0.3.0.0, you'll find a ftf package named kernel upgrade. Try flashing the full bb67 and then the kernel upgrade.

Guest Dalkbur

It's really stable. After a day of deep testing I just have two problems, one is with mail app, it FC's (I asked a few pages back if someone could try it but nothing hehe), but gmail app works, so I just can't use my work mail. And about data, it works just like on 103, it stops when it wants. You can see the icon on the top bar but one moment it's working and one moment it isn't, with BB71. All the other stuff is working nice here, wifi too. Nice work ;)

Guest Siddhartha_L

Hey Trip Awesome Work !!

I know its ur choice but can we have 2 versions ?

1 ) With MIUI icons

2) With Stock icons

The main reason for that is MIUI icons look superb but only for pre-installed softwares.

If we install many s/w then they don't look pretty nice as compared to stock icons.

Guest InSaiyanOne

Hey Trip Awesome Work !!

I know its ur choice but can we have 2 versions ?

1 ) With MIUI icons

2) With Stock icons

The main reason for that is MIUI icons look superb but only for pre-installed softwares.

If we install many s/w then they don't look pretty nice as compared to stock icons.

That's something you can look up and do yourself...not trying to be rude sorry

You could even just use the theme manager and download another icon pack

Edited by InSaiyanOne

Guest chunkylover2321

Ok so I've been testing this for the past 24 hours now and apart from the launcher settings not working and sms problems my internet won't work unless am connected to wifi. I installed 103 and had the same problem. So it could be me. I was wondering if anyone could help me and is it something to do with the baseband on my phone? if it is do I have to install a new baseband?

Guest danyy1973

Hi.. I like this ROM very much, i think it`s the only one, appart from 2.3 stock, in wich i dont have problems with the wifi.

Hav noticed the following issues:

- SMS sending and receiving not working ( tried the patch and fix permissions, just not working )

- Email app. doesnt work, cant even connect to Gmail, i`ve managed to do that only through the Gmail app.

I`ll be extremely happy if in the next release those things would be fixed..

Thx for this beautiful ROM, Trip.

To use root explore copy email from MIUI_xperia_TripNRaVeR-v1.7 to system/app setings permissions rw-r--r--

Guest TripNRaVeR

Hey trip, will you integrate clockworkmod recovery in future releases or will u use xrecovery further on?

I'm not going to use a custom kernel, i hate the way custom kernels are implemented on the x10.

Lets drop everything on /system seems the way to go... i'm against that.

Guest cjsabaki

Good morning sunshine!!! Lol!!!

Another all nighter!!

1.8.19 is excellent.. Still no data drop off!!!

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI-1.8.19 using Tapatalk

Guest Dalkbur

Could someone attach a working mail apk? I'm not going to have a PC near until Monday :)

Thanks in advance!

To use root explore copy email from MIUI_xperia_TripNRaVeR-v1.7 to system/app setings permissions rw-r--r--

Guest cjsabaki

@Dalkbur, if you have older roms on ur sd card, use root explorer to extract the mail apk from that roms system / app file n just copy it to current rom, set permissions across top, then reboot.

Guest cjsabaki

Question, Trip,

On some arc launchers n other aps that wont install or force close, there seems to be an ownership issue, some are set for root, others system, most wont change ownership w root explorer.

Hope this makes sense, was wondering how to make them work???

Best regards,

Chris

Guest chunkylover2321

It's really stable. After a day of deep testing I just have two problems, one is with mail app, it FC's (I asked a few pages back if someone could try it but nothing hehe), but gmail app works, so I just can't use my work mail. And about data, it works just like on 103, it stops when it wants. You can see the icon on the top bar but one moment it's working and one moment it isn't, with BB71. All the other stuff is working nice here, wifi too. Nice work ;)

can anyone help me please?

Guest Dalkbur

I know that and how to do it, but I don't have any older rom in my SD. If I had one, I wouldn't asked for it... I have them on my dropbox but I can't download a rom with 3g...

@Dalkbur, if you have older roms on ur sd card, use root explorer to extract the mail apk from that roms system / app file n just copy it to current rom, set permissions across top, then reboot.

Guest 1manshow

Use an older version off flashtool... I always use 0.24 and i will never change because it checks for NOTHING just plug in the xperia and hold back key and it starts directly to flash. I even flashed my own baseband with that flashtool. The baseband failed and the phone wouldnt boot... red light and it was gone. Seems bricked thats what i tought.

But i could just flash the SE baseband with flashtool 0.24 and the phone was back to normal.

Therefore no other flashtool then 0.24 for me.

Thanks, can you please upload that version of Flashtool? I can't seem to find that on XDA anymore.:rolleyes:

Guest Rockstar239

Ok so I tried data again today when I went out and here's what happened. Left the house and went out to the car and turned wifi off. And couldn't load webpages with data connection. Pulled down toggle menu and turned off data and turned it back on. Worked but when the screen blacks out it sometimes does not any answers?