[ROM] [19-08] TripNDroid Mobile Engineering

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Nightwishh

Dont forget to mention that those roms you name there are all stock roms, except zmod but zmod contains at least 70% stock semc files.

Completely normal that you dont have issues with them, dont know what try to accomplish with this post but this is not zmod topic.. also not wolf topic, also not erikw(?) topic.

Next time they will reported.

Ps. Phaelon41 do you really think it will help you to copy past youre message in every topic? You know that you can only use one rom at the time right?

Why so upset? :blink:

I have just made you a compliment, that i think your roms are the most beautiful, so why the long face? I only use other roms because of the wifi issue, otherwise i would probably use your Miui rom.

Guest basti2909

Hey Trip..

Bugs so far on MIUI C001.235.D.B71 with semc kernel

Arrows beside the H/3G/G symbol are not working

Some Data Disconnects (think this is related to MIUI ?!)

Changing some parts of theme for example Icons has no effekt..icons stay the same. Statusbar changes dos work..

thats all i found so far..

greets

Guest pissat4motion

Ive been running TripNDroid and Trips 1.8.26 MIUI Roms. Id read where some were having trouble with the firewall app. Well I did go in to turn everything off in Firewall but my backups still had the default settings. I finally decided to just remove it completely. It had gotten to the point where it was interfering with another app (MrNumber) for call blocking and if I had any other application open the phone was answering blocked calls on its own. (I have MrNumber set to "pick up then hang up".) This may or may not help some random issues someone may be having.

In conclusion Firewall is the devil..lol

Guest Dalkbur

Hi people!

My phone was working great since the day of the release, 19th, but yesterday I called to someone and I didn't hear anything, I just could hear if I activate the speaker. Today I tried again, and same result. I rebooted the phone but the same happened, I just can call people if I use the speaker or if I connect my headphones.

Do you know what happens with it? It's the first time I have this kind of problem. The only option I can think is to make a backup and flash another rom to see if it's a hardware problem or not, but I wanted to know if someone had the same issue

Guest jpminou
Hi people!

My phone was working great since the day of the release, 19th, but yesterday I called to someone and I didn't hear anything, I just could hear if I activate the speaker. Today I tried again, and same result. I rebooted the phone but the same happened, I just can call people if I use the speaker or if I connect my headphones.

Do you know what happens with it? It's the first time I have this kind of problem. The only option I can think is to make a backup and flash another rom to see if it's a hardware problem or not, but I wanted to know if someone had the same issue

Did u install soundhound??

I listent that may make problem with voice calling.

Guest Dalkbur

Nope, I didn't install it. I've also haven't installed anything new for a week or so, just firefox beta, and this problem started yesterday :S I've installed other rom and it works, so it's not a hardware problem... I think I could install this again and restore everything but I've installed other rom without data problems... Do you know if last MiUI (1.8.26) still has odd data disconnections?

Did u install soundhound??

I listent that may make problem with voice calling.

Guest Dalkbur

It still doesn't work (the incall sound). I got it to work two times, just after a reboot, in sound options moving the in call bar, and I was able to make a call. After that, same problem, I can't hear anything, just with headphones or the speaker...

Do you know what could I do to fix it? Is the only choice to use other rom? :(

Guest Dalkbur

Try the rom without data restore to check if the problem still there.

I've tried right now and it's still there... After that I flashed other rom and it worked without problems... I don't understand anything hehe. I've flashed again the kernel and tried again but nothing with a clean TripNDroid. But if I install other rom it works... It's odd. I'm going to try with miui 1.8.26 but I'm pretty sure it will work...

Edit: It didn't work with miui 1.8.26 :S I'm going to flash a clean unrooted 2.3.3 firm, maybe there's something corrupt in the system :S

Edit2: Ok, I've tried with a clean 2.3.3 firm. With other roms, and now the problem persists so I guess the phone has decided to die or something. The odd thing is that it sometimes works when it's recently rebooted... I'll try to investigate a few more and if I can't do anything I'll see if it's still on guarantee or if I have to get a new phone :(

Edited by Dalkbur

Trip.. great job.. I've been using your ROM for 2 weeks now..

everything great until i found some application cannot be installed due to incompatibility issue especially some application from SE.

could not installed google maps and some others.

found my GPS a bit difficult to connect.. any idea to solve this?

again.. great job.. :)

Guest Dalkbur

So nothing left,it is the ear speaker broken.

Yep, I guess... Yesterday afternoon I installed official firm after trip out three different roms and it started to work. I restored this rom and it worked all afternoon and night (last time I called was 2am and it worked). But now I woke up, tried it, and nothing, I can't hear anything. I don't understand... If it is a hardware problem why can it work fine for several hours and then stop? It can't be related to temp because it's cool right now... :(

Anyway, thanks jpminou, I'll probably send it to the techs in a few days, I have a travel to German in 10 days and I need gps and wifi there, so I can test it for 20 days or so and find if there's a solution, and I'll use headphones in the meantime...

Guest pissat4motion

Trip.. great job.. I've been using your ROM for 2 weeks now..

everything great until i found some application cannot be installed due to incompatibility issue especially some application from SE.

could not installed google maps and some others.

found my GPS a bit difficult to connect.. any idea to solve this?

again.. great job.. :)

There is a google app addon in Trips MIUI 103 thread ...just install through xrec. I havent had any noticeable problems with GPS

There is a google app addon in Trips MIUI 103 thread ...just install through xrec. I havent had any noticeable problems with GPS

thanks for advice... start searching..

GPS fix.. just re-flash :)

great job trip

Does it break xrec? Or is xrec in the kernel? There for not stuffing things up.

xrec is in kernel now, you can delete the xrecovery.tar in system/bin or xbin, don't know where it is on this rom. The big advantage now is, that also if you format system partition, you can reboot and xrec is there anyways, cause it's not deleted anymore.

As for the deepsleep, I'm using the following method atm until this is fixed:

replaced se kernel with dooms stock 2.3.3 kernel --> this kernel has xrec inbuilt AND allows to use the bypass loaded kernels

loading with the bypass method doomkernel v04b cause there deep sleep is working. I'll using the kernel without bypass and directly flashed when deep sleep is fixed. As I heard Jerplea has fixed it yet and will release it with FXP023 soon.

Regards,

L

Guest Alakasam

Looks like Trip is over with the X10, seen him over at the HTC Sensation thread,

Ah well, we knew this was happening,

He was a good dev, and it's sad to see him gone

Guest Rockstar239

Cheers L may look into it. Still unsure about playin with the bootloader. Tried a different operator sim in my x10 last night and found that its sim locked. So unsure about how to unlock bootloader if I tried to. :s

rom flying with doomkernel v5(not overclocked version), no fc at all,only problem is that arrows of data icon not work.

i allways back to trip rom, i am tired of installing other ones.

Guest superdjou

rom flying with doomkernel v5(not overclocked version), no fc at all,only problem is that arrows of data icon not work.

i allways back to trip rom, i am tired of installing other ones.

I am tired too! I don't understand how there is many MIUI ROM and none works fine completely. And many are based on Wolfbreak. But the Wolfbreak's ROM works fine everything.