Andy Pad Prototypes in Action

Guest AndyPad

Guest AndyPad

Watch The Video Here

Hands on with the Andy Pad and prototype Andy Pad Pros. Thanks for all your Twitter suggestions of games you wanted to see playing!

Please remember this video includes prototype devices which may differ from the final products.

www.andypad.co.uk

Twitter: @andypaduk

For a chance to win an Andy Pad Pro, 'like' our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/andypaduk

Guest Simon O

So now that I've watched the video (and naughtily used Freemake to download it to my PC).. I'm VERY impressed by the AndyPad Pro. The screen is very nice, looks responsive and doesn't appear to have any slowdown.

I have a few questions if you don't mind answering?

What's the situation regarding an app market? I am aware that Google won't allow you to distribute the Google apps on the tablet (something the community can easily sort out) but will the device come with an alternative app store pre-installed such as Getjar (who are currently doing well with the Getjar Gold program)?

It's my understanding that the devices aren't locked down so they will be easily modified by users. Will AndyPad be willing and able to provide the full open source components of the tablet to assist the community, such as the Android kernel source and the device build configuration? These would allow users to build their own versions of Android specifically for the tablet, even more CyanogenMod 7 and (hoping!) even assist with an unofficial Honeycomb port. I personally can see the tablets being very popular with modders if this happens!

Guest Simon O

Looking GREAT!

If possible, can you list all of these games you've shown in the video - some of them interested me. :D

Same for me! The pig game looks great :D

Guest AndyPad

@flibblesan

Not sure regarding market.

We've been doing various tests and spoken to Google on numerous occasions.

I'm hoping to have final answers in a few days. We're still working on the ROM, you see.

I'm sure there's no problem releasing that data for modders.

I'll have to wait unti lafter launch though :)

@all

Thanks guys! Here's hoping you love your Andy Pads! ;)

Not all of these games are preinstalled. We're still talking to app devs about this, so I can't confirm or deny anything as yet.

@tsutton

List of apps in order of appearance:

Speed X

Reckless Racing

Roboto

Cut The Rope

Doodle Jump

Nano Panda

Jewels

Angry Birds

Reckless Racing (again)

Reckless Racing (multiplayer online)

Pool Master Pro

Reckless Racing (again... we had a few problems with our ROM on the standard this week, so I was eager to show that 3D games DO run on the standard as well as the Pro you see :) )

Cut the Rope (again)

Heavy Gunner

Speed X (again)

Doodle Jump (again - oh and me being awesome at it)

Stupid Zombies

Chess free

X Construction

Pig Rush

Roboto (again)

:)

Guest StuMcBill

Great video!

I have a couple of questions regarding the AndyPad Pro.

1. I am guessing that the one with the Black Bezel is the Pro? Since you used Multi-Touch in Angry Birds?

2. Could you tell us the dimensions of the AndyPad Pro? I just wanted to try and gauge the size next to some other 7" Tablets. Unless you have done some comparisons that you could show us?

Cheers!

Stew

Guest Simon O

You should drop the developers of Bloody Bunnies a message and see if you can test the game out on the AndyPad! It has an optional bloody mode so probably won't be suitable for pre-installation. I bet the game would run well on the AndyPad!

Guest everett_psycho

in light of my vega being broken i'm now very tempted by one of these. Looks like it could be a great device, the viewing angles of the screen in that video look like they are better than the vega was, it was the one thing that drove me nuts on it. Not sure about going down to a 7 inch but i think i could live with it. I have the same question as someone else though, is the black bezelled one the pro? I'd prefer a black one if it's being released, hopefully a lot of the clever folks will pick one up or you guys can make good on the promise of ICS without too many setbacks like some devices have when updating?

One more question though, is it just vanilla android minus the google apps or have you guys done much customizing of your own?

• 3 weeks later...