HTC EVO 3D Owners

Guest Chewy11

Guest Chewy11

Hi, I got my EVO 3D last week. Its a GSM version, on Rogers in Canada. Are here any other Canadians with this phone?

The revolutionary S-OFF worked great for me. We have HBOOT 1.49.0008. I am enjoying "rooted stock" for a bit before flashing anything else.

Guest killamyh

Congratulations on having one. I am contemplating on buying one. Can you share your experience and the pros and cons of the device and the battery life? Thanks

Guest Chewy11

Thanks!

The HTC EVO 3D SHOOTER is my first HTC and the build quality and feel are top of the line for Androids, it reminds me of my old Nokia's, with a nice weighted feel in hand. I find the screen that is in 16/9 ratio to be long and narrow compared to my girlfriends Samsung Infuse that's built is the more common 5/4 ratio found on most Androids. Movies are a pleasure with crisp images coming from a resolution of 540 by 960, brightness is great but second to the Samsung super OLED plus(best in biz).

It is a dual core device, so active power management is crucial to making it thru a full day of use. I keep the unused radios off and the screen brightness at a minimum. In quick settings when I keep the active Sync off it leads to more than enough battery for a full day of use. The performance of video playback and speed of execution of tasks is phenomenal in my mind, but again I think that some Samsumgs are a little quicker in some tests.

The 1 GIG of RAM and the 3D are all that keep this phone and the Sensation apart, oh and a little size and metal feel to the 3D. The few games and apps that use the 3D feature are pretty impressive and far surpass my expectations, definitely moved past the gimmick idea. I cant wait to see the development of uses for this feature.

The exposed micro USB port that allows easy docking also lets dust and humidity in, I would like to see an internal fold away door that could protect the innards while allowing perfect docking function. This issue will go out the door when the case I ordered on E Bay shows up!

I would recommend this device.

If you have any specific questions, fire away!

While looking up specific specs on the EVO 3D I fond this review:

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_evo_3d-review-632.php

I am in agreement with this review.

Edited by Chewy11

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest iamdarren

I've got an evo 3d in the uk. Its on the older hboot 147 or 148 I used revolutionary to root it and then installed the latest clockwork mod right from rom manager it was that easy. Its a nice blue instead of the orange I was used to on my old desire.

Theres aren't that many roms out for it at the moment, but the place to look for them is xda. Currently I'm using villain rom. With leedroids dualcore script. Theres no correct kernel clsource code for the gsm evo 3d. Apparently htc released it but its not right. Doesn't match the board I think I read. For now its ok. Runs smooth. Does get hot sometimes at the top end or of the phone. Might be the professors which I have locked to interactive and both online.

I like the htc app watch. As finally we have a video download solution. But films are 1gb each. Quality is very good on this screen. The sound from the loud speaker is very quiet. My girlfriends samsung gs2 has a much louder and clearer speaker. But I wouldn't swap the evo for the samsung. I am very dissapointed htc havent released the 3d films yet. All we gsm users get in 3d are some pics preloaded. I think htc need to pull their fingers out. They seem to be launching new models like theres no tomorrow. I hope they don't pass this handset by. As they released the hardware. Produce the software! Media!

Thanks. Also theres a 3d app on the market called phereo get that and search prague.....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vanisleguy1976

Chewy and I got our 3Ds about the same time! I'm really happy with the device and would highly recommend it! I was hoping there'd be more activity over here at modaco, but xda is full of activity, thankfully :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Albert Poon

Developing ROMs or MODs with this device is very difficult, because there are CDMA, GSM (Europe), GSM (Asia) versions. ROMs/MODs do not work across these versions. Sigh... what are heck HTC is doing...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nasoroz

I Think EVo 3d is my biggest mistake in my mobile list life cycle

I couldnt get S-OFF as my HBOOT is 12

and am used to change ROMS every time

but with this device am stuck with the stock shipped rom :(

Nexus 1 --> Desire --> Deisre HD --> SGS ---> SGS2 --> EVO3D :(

I think devlopment on this Device is a bit difficult just few roms available on XDA and thats it

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest MrFusion-Blade

Just bought evo 3d !

From the Blade (OSF) to EVO 3D, what an huge leap!

Hboot 1.49.008, I've got to know if there's an official method to root...

Edited by MrFusion-Blade

• 2 weeks later...
Guest doom666

Same thing here! Bought the Evo3D in German "Saturn-Onlineshop" for 269€ today!

Now i´m using a ZTE Blade (Base Lutea), i´m really looking forward to hold it in my hands!

3D is not the thing which i´m looking forward to, its just the performance and the nice resolution of the display, SGS2 has just 800x480 , same as ZTE Blade!

Evo3D has half of Full HD so its 960x540!

On XDA there are some new Roms, but the most have a Problem with the Camera! I dont need both, but i hope they get one working!

greets from Germany

Alex

Guys,

Just bought one of these, coming from a ZTE Blade this thing is a beast! Not too fussed about custom ROMs (had enough of those with the Blade) so waiting for the official ICS.

These things are selling pretty cheap in the UK, Asda Direct (of all places) have it for £250 and Expansys for £285. I got mine from Asda and for that price it's a steal.

• 1 month later...
Guest Borderland

Guys,

Just bought one of these, coming from a ZTE Blade this thing is a beast! Not too fussed about custom ROMs (had enough of those with the Blade) so waiting for the official ICS.

These things are selling pretty cheap in the UK, Asda Direct (of all places) have it for £250 and Expansys for £285. I got mine from Asda and for that price it's a steal.

£207 at Asda now.

Mine's arriving tomorrow. Also replacing the awesome ZTE Blade.

Guest sumdumguy

Yes, getting the asda deal too. Been reading non-stop on the xda forums. Have a basic grasp on installing customs roms and that, but i'm a bit worried about it's performance from what i read.

What kind of nenamark2/quadrant scores are you guys getting ?

Edited by sumdumguy

Guest blondejon

Just so you know, the uk version cannot be rooted using the stuff on xda. Paul very kindly created a super root tool for me and will be sharing it here soon

Guest sumdumguy

Got mine today, and bit dissapointed to be honest.

360 launcher (my fav launcher) is noticably not as butter smooth as my Liquid metal phone :/

also nenamark 2 scores a pathetic 26fps??? my liquid metal scores 29fps, admittedly it has a performance kernel on it.

i know liquid metal has a 800x480 screen as opposed to the evo's 960xsomething but still.

:o :o :o

this thing is supposed to have an adreno220 chipset the LM has only Adreno205

Edited by sumdumguy

• 9 months later...

Got mine today, and bit dissapointed to be honest.

360 launcher (my fav launcher) is noticably not as butter smooth as my Liquid metal phone :/

also nenamark 2 scores a pathetic 26fps??? my liquid metal scores 29fps, admittedly it has a performance kernel on it.

i know liquid metal has a 800x480 screen as opposed to the evo's 960xsomething but still.

ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

this thing is supposed to have an adreno220 chipset the LM has only Adreno205

i have solution Send evo to me and you use liquid metal LOL

dont take seriously im just joking