[DISCUSSION] [ANN.] TripNDroid Mobile Engineering

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest TripNRaVeR

Hello again :)

Because of the messages i saw in the forums about what I’m doing I decided to inform you all of my project and the status of it. Everyone has seen the TripNRom / TripNDroid Mobile Engineering rom. I think I can say now that those 2 roms are only released for test results, they where never meant to be a user rom. The reason for it is this topic……

In this topic I will present you the progress and all relevant information for it. The project I’m working on is the official TripNDroid Mobile Engineering rom, or shortly the TripNDroid rom. That’s the reason the previous named roms have those names. They both are merged into one ultimate rom. On top of it the rom will include parts of the well known CM7 and MIUI roms.

Parts that are done;

- Android version 2.3.5

- TripNDroid Launcher

- Custom E-mail app

- xLoud 4.*

- Mobile Bravia 4.*

- SEMC Camera interface

- CyanogenMod core

- CyanogenMod settings

- TripNEngine (Honeycomb powered)

If you have any requests for a feature, app, interface tweaks, looks or whatever you may want to see included then please post a DECENT message and make sure that I understand what you mean. I will check it and once it gets status “approved” then it will be listed below.

Approved user requests;

- ?

From time to time there will be beta versions available for a couple of minutes for anyone to test. For those versions no support will be givin. I only expect response with bugs and opinions about the rom.

Last but not least, below you find always the latest preview of the rom. This will be updated when things change.

48922827.jpg11070728.jpg

38919983.jpg44673415.jpg

86067357.jpg

Ps. Consider this topic as the official announcement for this rom.

T. B)

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest UltimateGeppie

From what i read the test ROMs we're recieved very well. Seems like you found your stable basis andyou're able to evolve it.

Therfore: TripNDroid is more than welcome! It all sounds mature.

Good luck Trip. I'll be following this.

Thanks for your effort and sharing!

+1 on this one:

Can we get MiUI features like theaming and changing lockscreens and statusbar like the one in MiUI?

Edited by UltimateGeppie

Guest Bjarte

Hey Trip

Having played around with your awesome ROMs the past couple of months, I'm now stranded on the stock MIUI, for now.

I have a simple, yet elegant request for you. On miuiandroid.com there's a guy that has developed a mod for MIUI.

http://forums.miuian...-Options/page72 <-- that one.

Is it possible to include these settings to your new ROM? It looks so clean when you not only can take away the taskbar clock (I assume the CM7 settings will also be able to do this), but also other elements.

And the one thing I loved the most about this mod was the possibility to set your own network name, in other words, change the name of your subscriber. Looks smooth with your own name or whatever you like in the top left corner.

I hope you'll be able to include this, I'm really looking forward to the completion of the new ROM.

Take care!

Regards,

Bjarte

Edit: btw, this mod currently messes up the x10. It works, but if you use it to change some settings and then reboot, you'll get stuck at the Android-logo in a loop.

Edited by Bjarte

Guest marcjuh2811

hey Trip

nice to see you in action :D

since your last roms i would apreaciate the following becides all you great stuff you already put in;

- a stable working network and radio signal ;)

- the normal way of installing apps without unmounting system but jus by an app manager

even if i only can have those i would be thrilled to have it as my dayly 1 :) :) :)

- the way you can change themes like on miui that works great and simple for none smart people like me ;D

- the way you had your music app look like in your previous versions

- an not so agressif maner of shutting evrything down on the backgroud ( think it shuts down network as well on the background) ;)

- the arc foto/video widget that lets you twirl through your pics like a caroussel

- google search-ALL widget instead of the global widget

- homelauncher like an adw-ex with tonnes of settings and cool screentransitions styles ;) :D

did you got the news that they gave their sources from SE...???

are you implementing them in you rom as well?

looking out to see 1 of the betas and play with them hope it 'll all work out for ya

Guest cjsabaki

Hello Sir!!!

Looks good!!

A truly new and useful rom, more customization options than anything else out there!! The idea of android...

Thanks for all the time and effort!!!

Best regards,

Chris

Guest 1manshow

Thank you very much for this great project you started working for all of us. I'm really grateful to you.

Feature Requests:

1) Inclusion of TUN/TAP module and advanced routing features into the ROM/kernel so that we can run VPN applications like Openvpn, VPNC etc.

2) Inclusion of working Link2SD application by bakpinar - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=919326

Link2SD would be great to replace buggy App2SD by Android :D

Once again I thank you very much for your dedicated approach towards making our X10s stand out in this fierce competition from other droids B)

I'd be glad to be a tester of this ROM/project so kindly keep me in the list :rolleyes:

Guest chunkylover2321

I'm with the others about the MIUI. The settings are so much better. I like the features such as the firewall and I love the way you can change launcher settings and I love how it looked in your test rom. It was so clean and crisp. Maybe go back to that? then people can change themes to one that really suits them?

Guest Evynnstarr

I was wondering why don't you create a whole new home launcher for this ROM, coupled along with MIUI settings and animations. After all, how hard can it be for a good dev ? wink.gif

Edited by Evynnstarr

Guest Lord_Baal

I was wondering why don't you create a whole new home launcher for this ROM, coupled along with MIUI settings and animations. After all, how hard can it be for a good dev ? wink.gif

Agreed on the New Launcher.

But in that case, we would have many users complaining about "I can't use the MIUI / CM Themes for the Launcher!!".

It would be nice to have some launcher that could be fully changed/themed, but in that case i think it is far more hard to do, but of course, it would be something unique and very good to have :P

Guest andrewddickey

Hey Trip I don;t see a download link, I think I'm late... anyway you can post it again...pls?

Not released yet. Just a discussion and the revealing of the ROM.

Ps. Consider this topic as the official announcement for this rom.

Edited by andrewddickey

Guest TripNRaVeR

F*****N HELL B)

A few minuts ago a mega breaktrough has been made in this baby! Unbelievable!

No details yet... I can say this

A few days ago i was thinkin how to create a couple of things for this rom, as usual you more then 1 way that leads to Rome.. So i worked extremely long on this thing but it was failing time after time. There was only one thing left that i could do to make it work, this was exactly the way i had it in my mind in the first place. I didnt try this because i was conviced i was thinking way to easy and it just COULDNT be that this was going to work therefore i never tried it.

Now because no options left, i tought **** it and i tried it.. damn and it worked straight away. Tonight i will release more info about the progress.

@ Evy,

There is a possibillity that i allready did that... who knows.. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Guest Lancez

can someone upload shootme.apk here? can't find it on market. i'm gonna upload some screenshots with modefied samsung's touchwiz 4.5 laucher. should be an ideal laucher for trip's new rom.

edit: it's got iphone-ish look too :P

Guest highaltitude

Very cool, I look forward to see the progress on this Rom! I would love to see Miui status bar somehow, its one of the things I really love about Miui.

post-892904-0-98168700-1314124538_thumb.

Dammmmmmnnnnnn,

What the hell have you accomplished now trip, don't tease us with a post like that.

I need to know know ha ha I can't wait,

Regards

Barry.

Edited by bazji

Guest UltimateGeppie

Hi Trip,

What i wish for in this ROM is be able to make a clean look.

With theming this can be done, but themes don't edit the statusbar. Therfore i would like to see 'the' statusbar mod implemented.

You probably heard of this MiUI mod, but I dont'know what's your opinio n this one. This MOD can be found on miui-forum by Andy Thomson: http://forums.miuian...gs-Menu-Options

He also has released a launcher MOD that provides a clean look. But I've read in your OP that you also will do something with the lancher. I'll wait on that one.

second request:

If I remember correct (been using your TrIpNMiUI for so long): but cyanogen settings has got the option: 'Quiet hours'. I Really like this one, because with this option I don't need a third party app, which will use resources.

Hope it's decent enough ;)

Kind regards,keep it up!

[...]

If you have any requests for a feature, app, interface tweaks, looks or whatever you may want to see included then please post a DECENT message and make sure that I understand what you mean. I will check it and once it gets status “approved” then it will be listed below.

Approved user requests;

- ?

[...]

Edited by UltimateGeppie