• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

Black screen when calling

57 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm having trouble making calls on my Skate, I think its the proximity switch.

When I make a call the screen goes black straight away like it does when you put the phone to your ear.

But if I need to hang-up or send it to speaker or type in a number the screen doesn't light up to let me do it.

I hope this isn't a hardware issue as we don't yet have a stock ROM to put it back to before trying to return it under warranty.

Any advice?

Posted · Report post

Proximity sensor finder, should help you work out if it is the hardware thatt is at fault.

You can find it in the market

Posted (edited) · Report post

i have exactly the same problem... i dial a number and phone vibrates an goes into sleep and cant wake it until they hang up.

would be interesting to hear if any other people are experiencing this problem (hopefully just a software bug).

EDIT: this happens randomly for me some times it dose not happen and proximity censer works fine.

done a fyew tests just ringing 4444 or 1234 but most of the time it dose happen.

Edited by tillaz

Posted · Report post

Mine is definitely intermittent too, I keep wiping and re-install freshly cooked ROMs from the Modaco Kitchen but it's still there, just not every time.

The Proximity Finder App says it's there and work too thanks.

Posted · Report post

I'm having the same problem.

I'm sure it's a software problem. If I kill all tasks before the call,it works properly.

Posted · Report post

ive had same problems,i had to take battery out to end call lol :unsure:

Posted · Report post

don't know wot i have done but after messing round in the sound & call settings turning things on and off and changing my task killer from advanced task killer to taskkiller free the problem has gone lol.

Posted · Report post

don't know wot i have done but after messing round in the sound & call settings turning things on and off and changing my task killer from advanced task killer to taskkiller free the problem has gone lol.

Taskkillers are poop, just uninstall them. Seriously.

Posted · Report post

Can someone confirm this occurs on a non rooted/clockwork modded phone please.

Posted · Report post

I'm pretty sure it happened on the stock ROM even before I rooted and installed CWM.

Posted · Report post

Can someone confirm this occurs on a non rooted/clockwork modded phone please.

i really cant say i noticed befor root are you also having the same problem ?

Posted · Report post

i really cant say i noticed befor root are you also having the same problem ?

Yes, and I have a really bad case of it! I dialled 453 to use my topup card and it was almost impossible to achieve. The screen started flashing on and off really fast as I was trying to type in the 19 digit code... it was almost farcical! What should have been a couple of minutes call took half an hour. At one point the phone jammed up and I had to pull the battery, as no amount of button pressing was doing anything.

We need someone with a brand new (virgin) Skate to confirm whether this occurs. If it does heavens knows Orange is going to be reeling, especially if the Skate is flying off the shelves like some have indicated.

Posted · Report post

The screen started flashing on and off really fast as I was trying to type in the 19 digit code...

That's not the problem I've been having. The screen goes completely black, it's not possible to press any buttons because they're all disabled. Mine is using the stock rom, the phone isn't rooted.

It is intermittent though, so cancelling the call and trying again usually works.

A tip for people who have this problem and have had to remove the battery to end a call:

Go into settings, Accessibility, and tick the "Power button ends call" box. Then the button on the side of the phone will end a call.

Posted · Report post

To everyone who is having this issue:

This is software related - not hardware. I can confirm this because people using GingerStirFry - a ROM based on the leaked version of the OMC ROM for the ZTE Blade are having the same issue. So this is definitely a software fault. I will try and rectify this by carrying out more investigation and see if it can be fixed.

Posted · Report post

And I seem to have found a solution - I'm just checking if it works :) - it'll be included in the next version of BlueGinger.

Posted · Report post

A tip for people who have this problem and have had to remove the battery to end a call:

Go into settings, Accessibility, and tick the "Power button ends call" box. Then the button on the side of the phone will end a call.

Thanks that will help a lot, saves taking the battery out, and I'll look forward to the fix in Blue Ginger V2.

Posted · Report post

And I seem to have found a solution - I'm just checking if it works :) - it'll be included in the next version of BlueGinger.

thanks looking forward to it .

Looks like we need to send our phones back! Try Elixr app from the market (as per Tilal's suggestion), start proximity sensor test and see what happens. Mine goes from 4.0cm to far without any interaction with the sensor. Therefore it must be knackered!

Fixed... see tilal's fix further down.

Edited by gitf@ce

Here's a temp fix. Download Screebl from the market and set the screen to stay on during a call. Works for me.

Scrub that, mines going mad again!

Edited by gitf@ce

Posted · Report post

Here's a temp fix. Download Screebl from the market and set the screen to stay on during a call. Works for me.

Scrub that, mines going mad again!

Try this - type this into dialer - *983*0#. Go to sensors and while not covering the sensor click calibrate.

Posted · Report post

Try this - type this into dialer - *983*0#. Go to sensors and while not covering the sensor click calibrate.

Fkn hell you've fixed it! I got a few fails even though it reported "calibrated", went to test it.... IT WORKS!

Maximum kudos to you for your help on this one tilal6991.

Posted · Report post

Fkn hell you've fixed it! I got a few fails even though it reported "calibrated", went to test it.... IT WORKS!

Maximum kudos to you for your help on this one tilal6991.

That's great. Yeah I did think it would be highly unlikely that so many people had hardware failure of the proximity sensor. Guess I was right. :)

Posted · Report post

That's great. Yeah I did think it would be highly unlikely that so many people had hardware failure of the proximity sensor. Guess I was right. :)

I keep `testing' just to make sure I'm not seeing things... sad :P

Posted · Report post

thanks for this its greatly appreciated,

any chance you no how to enable wifi to see ad-hoc ? huh.gif

Posted · Report post

thanks for this its greatly appreciated,

any chance you no how to enable wifi to see ad-hoc ?

Right I did a lot of research on this when I was devving for my previous device. I have a few ideas but I need access to a computer which I won't have until Friday at the earliest. By the end of the weekend hopefully we should have ad-hoc wifi. :)