which rom do you recommend?

Guest cicciopuzzo

Guest cicciopuzzo

Hello all, I want to change the rom ofmy blade, because it is a bit 'old, but I don't know where to put ... I want a stable and fast rom, and I don't know whether to stay or switch to froyo with gingerbread (I have a Gen1 phone). I read that the Portuguese Spring RLS4 works well and is fast, confirmed? Which important improvement are from froyo to gingerbread?

Guest targetbsp

Nah, CM7 is the best rom.

What you'll learn from the first 2 replies and probably those that follow... is it's somewhat personal preference :P

Edited by targetbsp

Guest cicciopuzzo

Nah, CM7 is the best rom.

What you'll learn from the first 2 replies and probably those that follow... is it's somewhat personal preference :P

Yes, but it fast and quickly in home, menu, scrolling, ecc like froyo (Swedish Spring or Portuguese Spring)?

Guest mickey megabyte

your question is a bit like asking "what is your favourite colour?"

the best way to decide is to try them yourself - try a few different roms for a few days.

they are free and quick to download and install!

only you know what features you want...have fun!

Edited by mickey megabyte

Guest cicciopuzzo

your question is a bit like asking "what is your favourite colour?"

the best way to decide is to try them yourself - try a few different roms for a few days.

they are free and quick to download and install!

only you know what features you want...have fun!

you're right, but I'd like to know which rom is the fastest and most stable of all. Maybe if someone has tried to say I know, but it is also true that everyone recommends his favorite ...

Guest rockstarszzzz

you're right, but I'd like to know which rom is the fastest and most stable of all. Maybe if someone has tried to say I know, but it is also true that everyone recommends his favorite ...

CM7 and GSF - both are stable.

CM7 has more features, slower.

GSF has less features, faster.

If you don't use bluetooth, MCSF is another option.

There is also C.A.E but not sure about it's performance.

There are various ROMs that are based on GSF or CM7.

I can never reply to posts like these without saying "It's your personal choice. Only you would know how hot you want your gf to be ;)"

Guest dibbles

Does the BT work in build 21 of GSF..? I have seen someone posting that they returned to GSF expecting it to work in B21 but it didn't work for then. I need to have BT for my cars hands free.

At the moment I'm using Elitemovil Blade_Rom 2.3.4 and that seems to work fine with very good battery life.

Guest Nick Rhodes

Swedish Spring has the least issues and is still on one of the blades in our house. It may not be the latest, but still zero problems after many months. Big drawback is not maintained anymore (but to be honest its as perfect as one can expect).

GSF is generally good and stable, based on quite a good beta 2.3 from ZTE (far better than early 2.2 roms from ZTE as a comparision), but proximity in sunlight is a show stopper for some (including myself), others have minor issues with other things. A number of these bugs (including the proximity issue) cant be fixed due to GSF not having the source code available to poke around.

To put it in context, it probably has less issues than the original stock rom from Orange, just depends if the issues affect your normal/daily usage.

CM7, 7.1RC1 and newer are all getting very stable and in the same ball park as GSF for stability and bugs, just depends on your usage patterns to which has least issues.

I don't normally recomend to anyone (unless they are tech savvy and have the time to tinker and try work arounds etc), using the nightlys as quite often things are fixed and new bits are added that are broken, but at the moment the nightlys releases are good at the moment as CM7 is having a soft freeze (no major new features that can break) and concentrate on bug fixing to stabilise for another release canditate.

The sole reason I have a personal preference for CM7 is the level of on going support is great.

All the custom ROMs based on stock roms from ZTE exhibit the same problem of sporadic support, mostly due ZTE not releasing updates frequently; as an example it took many versions and hardwork from the guys on here to iron out the numerous bugs of the 2.2 Froyo roms/sources from ZTE to end up with stable ROMs for the blade. The blade is slowly maturing as a good supported platform for CM7, mixture of good devs, lots of users (who help support the blade doing lots of testing and bug reports and helping other users).

Cheers, Nick.

Guest cicciopuzzo

Swedish Spring has the least issues and is still on one of the blades in our house. It may not be the latest, but still zero problems after many months. Big drawback is not maintained anymore (but to be honest its as perfect as one can expect).

GSF is generally good and stable, based on quite a good beta 2.3 from ZTE (far better than early 2.2 roms from ZTE as a comparision), but proximity in sunlight is a show stopper for some (including myself), others have minor issues with other things. A number of these bugs (including the proximity issue) cant be fixed due to GSF not having the source code available to poke around.

To put it in context, it probably has less issues than the original stock rom from Orange, just depends if the issues affect your normal/daily usage.

CM7, 7.1RC1 and newer are all getting very stable and in the same ball park as GSF for stability and bugs, just depends on your usage patterns to which has least issues.

I don't normally recomend to anyone (unless they are tech savvy and have the time to tinker and try work arounds etc), using the nightlys as quite often things are fixed and new bits are added that are broken, but at the moment the nightlys releases are good at the moment as CM7 is having a soft freeze (no major new features that can break) and concentrate on bug fixing to stabilise for another release canditate.

The sole reason I have a personal preference for CM7 is the level of on going support is great.

All the custom ROMs based on stock roms from ZTE exhibit the same problem of sporadic support, mostly due ZTE not releasing updates frequently; as an example it took many versions and hardwork from the guys on here to iron out the numerous bugs of the 2.2 Froyo roms/sources from ZTE to end up with stable ROMs for the blade. The blade is slowly maturing as a good supported platform for CM7, mixture of good devs, lots of users (who help support the blade doing lots of testing and bug reports and helping other users).

Cheers, Nick.

Thanks, you were limited to ... For now perhaps may ride on the SS or the Portuguese version (now i've mount on my blade the JJ rls9) and then try the CM7 even though they say that ice cream will come out in September ...

Guest unrandomsam

Thanks, you were limited to ... For now perhaps may ride on the SS or the Portuguese version (now i've mount on my blade the JJ rls9) and then try the CM7 even though they say that ice cream will come out in September ...

If you want to use swedish spring you would probably be better off trying to rebase it on the hungarian rom. (I know thats what I would do).

If you want to use swedish spring you would probably be better off trying to rebase it on the hungarian rom. (I know thats what I would do).

Do you have a link to " the hungarian rom " , and a 'how to rebase' -guide ? :o

Guest robinhud2010

Cm7 is best for customisation settings and gsf best for stabitlity(among gingerbread roms). But i'm sure with the imminent release of the source code from zte for the new kernel, it will be adopted by the cm7 team. I'm sure everyone will agree that that will be the killer rom - a mix of cm7 with insane stability and great battery life. Already pissing my pants in anticipation...

Guest Carlos Manuel Leemet

GingerBread:

Tejo Sunshine is good and games works perfectly! only battery ends too fast so I using CM 7.1 RC nightly 171 boot.img and I edited some files to increase battery life....

Elimovil ROMs are good too!

and GSF b21 is really good too!

froyo:

FLB

Japanese Jellyfish RLS9

Stock 2.2 ROM example: sonera 2.2 ROM which can install in Windows wit the EXE file or Saunalahti 2.2 ROM (both is good but maybe better is Saunalahti 2.2 ROM) or then other Stock 2.2 ROMs...

Swedish Spring RLS5 is good but battery ends too fast for me!

Edited by Carlos Manuel Leemet