Blade alternative!

Guest jenjenx

Guest jenjenx

I already have the blade but need another phone to call and text with. Can imagine texting on a none android phone now!

Been looking at the LG 2x which I can get for about £260. Thats expensive but future proof.

I don't want another blade. and I can't justify paying another more than £100 unless it is much better than the blade!

Guest k0zmic

Been looking at the LG 2x which I can get for about £260. Thats expensive but future proof.

That's really well spec'd for the price, it has CM support as well.

Guest JasonLeeming
I already have the blade but need another phone to call and text with. Can imagine texting on a none android phone now!

I don't want another blade. and I can't justify paying another more than £100 unless it is much better than the blade!

Where have you managed to find a LG 2X for £260?!

Guest targetbsp

This makes no sense. There isn't a better phone for under £100. There's quite a lot better phones once you top £150. But nothing surpasses the Blade at it's price point still.

Guest jenjenx

This makes no sense. There isn't a better phone for under £100. There's quite a lot better phones once you top £150. But nothing surpasses the Blade at it's price point still.

So what would be the best phone for £150 budget?

Guest targetbsp

So what would be the best phone for £150 budget?

Seems the one I was thinking of was a special offer. Acer Liquid Metal for £150. Seems to be a lot more than that now.

My next choice would be the Huawei Titan which is more £170-£180.

I'd still get the Blade personally for its £85 as an orange customer offer.

Guest shad0wboss

Seems the one I was thinking of was a special offer. Acer Liquid Metal for £150. Seems to be a lot more than that now.

My next choice would be the Huawei Titan which is more £170-£180.

I'd still get the Blade personally for its £85 as an orange customer offer.

i think orange monte carlo should suit you....4.3" screen (good for texting), 800 mhz processor though it's the same chip as blade, adreno 205 which is better than blade's adreno 200.

Guest Pelemane

i think orange monte carlo should suit you....4.3" screen (good for texting), 800 mhz processor though it's the same chip as blade, adreno 205 which is better than blade's adreno 200.

Skate has adreno 200.

Guest shad0wboss

Skate has adreno 200.

yea i guess you're right...

either monte carlo or xperia x10 would be a good choice too. Get yourself a good 4" or above phone and i think that would do what you're looking for

Guest unrandomsam

No way

Guest unrandomsam

Get a U8800 (If you must have Android)

Or be patient there is nothing really that's any good right now.

The other option is

HTC Desire on Orange payg for £180

(They are selling them off but it has the same synaptics issues the blade has).

Guest achoice

I need another android phone.

Which one do you guys recommend?

Not expensive

Moddable like the blade

Same here - but expensive is OK.

Recommendations?

Are new/better phones coming this autumn?

Guest irishpancake

I didn't say it was as good! You already got the best value phone - what do you expect?

Hi fr0do.....you are right, and I didn't even suggest an alternative to Blade at that price point....another Blade is prolly the best alternative laugh.gif