Removing orange boot logo

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

Hey,

just thought i would post this for anyone who wants to get rid of the orange boot logo who dose not already know how to.

i changed mine to a android boot animation looks much better and it is very easy to do.

EDIT: This is how you do it on orange monte carlo stock rom or custom rom.

First you will need to install the root explorer app on your phone from the market or just google root explorer .apk it should be the second result.

now you will need to find the boot animation you want to replace it with you can google android boot animations to find them or youtube.

here is a link to the one i am using http://forum.xda-dev...00&d=1299600794

when you have downloaded your new boot animation it should be a .zip file if not do not use it !

if you file is not already named ------ bootanimation.zip ------- you need to rename it the exact same way with no spaces !

copy your bootanimation.zip to your phones memory card, disconnect usb & open the root explorer app on your phone.

scroll threw the list find & open sdcard now find where you put the bootanimation.zip

when you find it long hold your finger on it to bring up the options list select copy, now press the back button until you get back to the internal memory you will know this because the grey bar at the top will have nothing other than /

now that your back in the internal memory scroll & open system & then media. press the button at the top of the screen that says Mount R/W

it should change to Mount R/O .

Now you can press the paste button at the bottom to copy you new boot animation and over right the stock orange animation.

it will say Warning Do you want to overwrite just press yes.

reboot you phone to see the new boot animation.

Edited by tillaz

Guest tillaz

yes on stock rom and works fine don't think i will change roms now as it is completely rid of orange branding.

i just googled root manager apk its the second one as i just deleted the app soon as i had changed the boot animation.

if you just write boot animation in google or youtube you will find loads..

here is a link to a fyew i found http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1109068

Edited by tillaz

Guest garym123

hi,any chance on telling us how you did it on the omc and where you put all the files that you need,i tried following other tutorial but i got a bit stuck lol,do i need any special roms to do it it as well,i used antek app manager to get rid of orange logo,but then got bit lost after that where to put the other files,ive got clockwork mod on and superboot thats it, do i need anything else thanks.

yes on stock rom and works fine don't think i will change roms now as it is completely rid of orange branding.

i just googled root manager apk its the second one as i just deleted the app soon as i had changed the boot animation.

if you just write boot animation in google or youtube you will find loads..

here is a link to a fyew i found http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1109068

Edited by garym123

Guest tillaz

hi,any chance on telling us how you did it on the omc and where you put all the files that you need,i tried following other tutorial but i got a bit stuck lol,do i need any special roms to do it it as well,i used antek app manager to get rid of orange logo,but then got bit lost after that where to put the other files,ive got clockwork mod on and superboot thats it, do i need anything else thanks.

updated the post to the way i did it on orange monte carlo with links to all files needed.

Edited by tillaz

Guest garym123

thanks for that mate,i finally did it after getting the wrong root explorer a few times and renaming the zip file on the desktop instead of on the sdcard on phone lol,but alls good now,nice new boot logo to go :D

Hey,

just thought i would post this for anyone who wants to get rid of the orange boot logo who dose not already know how to.

i changed mine to a android boot animation looks much better and it is very easy to do.

EDIT: This is how you do it on orange monte carlo stock rom or custom rom.

First you will need to install the root explorer app on your phone from the market or just google root explorer .apk it should be the second result.

now you will need to find the boot animation you want to replace it with you can google android boot animations to find them or youtube.

here is a link to the one i am using http://forum.xda-dev...00&d=1299600794

when you have downloaded your new boot animation it should be a .zip file if not do not use it !

if you file is not already named ------ bootanimation.zip ------- you need to rename it the exact same way with no spaces !

copy your bootanimation.zip to your phones memory card, disconnect usb & open the root explorer app on your phone.

scroll threw the list find & open sdcard now find where you put the bootanimation.zip

when you find it long hold your finger on it to bring up the options list select copy, now press the back button until you get back to the internal memory you will know this because the grey bar at the top will have nothing other than /

now that your back in the internal memory scroll & open system & then media. press the button at the top of the screen that says Mount R/W

it should change to Mount R/O .

Now you can press the paste button at the bottom to copy you new boot animation and over right the stock orange animation.

it will say Warning Do you want to overwrite just press yes.

reboot you phone to see the new boot animation.

• 4 weeks later...

for the bootanimation, i integrate it on the rom flash but i've some interrogation for the splash screen (boot logo), is it same of the blade method?

changing the boot animation / logo is the same way on all android devices smile.gif

Guest Johnny Hung

BootAnimation:

Just put the bootanimation.zip to the path /system/media or /data/local ,

use the adb command could confirm the bootanimation working status!

adb shell bootanimation

Splash Image (First boot schreen after you push power button) :

(tool package: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=87TH70HL)

(for bootloader unlocked user,only )

into the bootloader -> use the adb command -> adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flash splash google.splash.rgb565 (google.splash.rgb56 is the default image in the tool package)

fastboot reboot

I tried a load of boot animations (getting the right sized ones was tricky), but found it just seemed to slow my boot times which are really fast. I deleted bootanimation.zip from the system/media folder and now I just get the standard android animation, which is way faster.

Guest magikstar29

for the splash screen (boot logo) not the boot animation

what is the format support?

on galaxy spica -> png

on blade -> bmp

skate?

Edited by magikstar29

Guest tilal6991

for the splash screen (boot logo) not the boot animation

what is the format support?

on galaxy spica -> png

on blade -> bmp

skate?

We probably won't know until someone tries.

Guest Johnny Hung

i would make sure you have a back up of the original splash screen before anyone try's

.bmp i would think for skate

dear tillaz:

Can you teaching us , How to backup the original splash image ?

At the end, I success to replace the splash image, but without backup the original !

• 2 weeks later...
Guest magikstar29

i've tested to change the splash screen (boot logo) with the method for blade from clockwork but no succesfull

does anyone have test with clockwork?

• 1 month later...
Guest Wacky.ddw

This is getting really confusing :S I only want to change the first bootscreen, i want it to be something like the green android showing up before bluemonte boots up.

But i dont have the OMC i have the Medion P4310, so i started a topic about it here:

http://android.modac...88#entry1839488

But the guy tells me to flash it trough recovery... And the one mentioned here above must be flashed trough Root explorer. And allso this bootanimation contains only two folders and a text file while the other contains more 'META-INF, splash bmp, Bootanimation.zip' then the boot animation contains the same two folders.

So if i just want a other phone bootscreen but not a other rom bootscreen what do i have to flash? I dont care what it is as long as it isnt the medion bootscreen :P

Edited by Wacky.ddw

This is getting really confusing :S I only want to change the first bootscreen, i want it to be something like the green android showing up before bluemonte boots up.

But i dont have the OMC i have the Medion P4310, so i started a topic about it here:

http://android.modac...88#entry1839488

But the guy tells me to flash it trough recovery... And the one mentioned here above must be flashed trough Root explorer. And allso this bootanimation contains only two folders and a text file while the other contains more 'META-INF, splash bmp, Bootanimation.zip' then the boot animation contains the same two folders.

So if i just want a other phone bootscreen but not a other rom bootscreen what do i have to flash? I dont care what it is as long as it isnt the medion bootscreen :P

this is to change the animation before the phone starts.... do you mean the very first thing that appears (picture)?

Guest Wacky.ddw

this is to change the animation before the phone starts.... do you mean the very first thing that appears (picture)?

Yes the very first picture that appears. It allways stays the same wich ever rom i flash.

When i boot the phone i get the medion bootlogo, then the green android, then android in grey letters.

I assume the last two are from Bluemonte? Because before i used a custom rom when i booted the phone it only showed the medion logo till it was fully booted.

I want the first screen to be something else. I allready removed the medion logo from te backcover i allso want the bootscreen to be gone so its completely unbranded.

Guest kevwales

Yes the very first picture that appears. It allways stays the same wich ever rom i flash.

When i boot the phone i get the medion bootlogo, then the green android, then android in grey letters.

I assume the last two are from Bluemonte? Because before i used a custom rom when i booted the phone it only showed the medion logo till it was fully booted.

I want the first screen to be something else. I allready removed the medion logo from te backcover i allso want the bootscreen to be gone so its completely unbranded.

Hi

Just install through recovery the zip i made for you http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35254061/SKATE_Splash_bootanim.zip

If you don't want the boot animation remove / delete from zip the file (bootanimation.zip) it will then only flash the 1st splash screen.

You can also put your own bootanimation.zip into the above file and delete splash.bmp to only flash the bootanimation of your choice

Guest Wacky.ddw

Thanks! that was what i was looking for.

I deleted the bootanimation.zip and it worked great the only problem is the bootscreen of the ZTE is even worse. I just want to unbrand it :P and now its branded with something else.

Guest Wacky.ddw

I tried a load of boot animations (getting the right sized ones was tricky), but found it just seemed to slow my boot times which are really fast. I deleted bootanimation.zip from the system/media folder and now I just get the standard android animation, which is way faster.

So you can just delete the bootanimation from system/media in root explorer, wil your phone still boot then if it has no bootscreen anymore? Or did you replace it with the original one.

Guest kevwales

Thanks! that was what i was looking for.

I deleted the bootanimation.zip and it worked great the only problem is the bootscreen of the ZTE is even worse. I just want to unbrand it :P and now its branded with something else.

Yes, Thats why i put the "make your own splash sceen txt in other post" :P

if you delete the bootanimation.zip from system/media it will just show < android > when booting.

the current version of bluemonte has no custom boot animation (bootanimation.zip already deleted) so wot you see there is as unbranded as you can get wink.gif