Removing orange boot logo

Guest tillaz

• 1 month later...
Guest jeannot18

when you find it long hold your finger on it to bring up the options list select copy, now press the back button until you get back to the internal memory you will know this because the grey bar at the top will have nothing other than /

now that your back in the internal memory scroll & open system & then media. press the button at the top of the screen that says Mount R/W

it should change to Mount R/O .

Now you can press the paste button at the bottom to copy you new boot animation and over right the stock orange animation.

it will say Warning Do you want to overwrite just press yes.

reboot you phone to see the new boot animation.

Hi Tillaz, this is where I got lost, the bit about "that you are back in the internal memory" => "scroll & open system & then media etc.

Could you help me with that please? Sorry about the stupid question but this is my first Android phone and still finding my way around. Thanks

JC

Guest vdubster

Hi Tillaz, this is where I got lost, the bit about "that you are back in the internal memory" => "scroll & open system & then media etc.

Could you help me with that please? Sorry about the stupid question but this is my first Android phone and still finding my way around. Thanks

JC

OK it's stright forward from here really. I assume you have the bootanimation.zip file (named correctly) ready to copy?

If your using the newest version of ES file explorer, firstly press menu and settings, then scroll to the bottom and tick both bottom boxes (you will have a warning come up) click back until you are at the folders. You can now copy to the system area.

To get to the system/media folder first click the favourites button and the / (the phone icon), next scroll down to system click it and then media. Now the copied bootanimation.zip file should be in a draw at the bottom of the screen open it and paste it in to the system/media folder.

When you reboot you should see your new bootanimation :)

James

Guest Wacky.ddw

It should be removing orange boot animation or something like that.

I made a tutorial on flashing splash screens - bootanimations here i added a link to your tutorial two.

LINK

• 1 month later...
Guest Voxpop2011

OK it's stright forward from here really. I assume you have the bootanimation.zip file (named correctly) ready to copy?

If your using the newest version of ES file explorer, firstly press menu and settings, then scroll to the bottom and tick both bottom boxes (you will have a warning come up) click back until you are at the folders. You can now copy to the system area.

To get to the system/media folder first click the favourites button and the / (the phone icon), next scroll down to system click it and then media. Now the copied bootanimation.zip file should be in a draw at the bottom of the screen open it and paste it in to the system/media folder.

When you reboot you should see your new bootanimation :)

James

Yes, this method worked.:D I am well on the way to making the OMC look how I want without installing a custom rom. Now if only I could get the phone to display my Vodafone number.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
Guest QuickShot

Hey! I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and I have the stupid orange booting animation, can I change it with the original Samsung booting animation using the method you talked about? Will it afdect its performance?