Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StuMcBill

How long do you think till we have HoneyComb?

11 posts in this topic

Just wondered what the thoughts were on this?

I know Honeycomb is not open source, but there are various tablets which have had a Honeycomb port.

I know the AndyPad team will be working on an Ice Cream Sandwich port once the source is released, but if I know the Android community it won't be long until someone is trying to hack Honeycomb onto it!

I am not sure if there is any Tablets with a port, which has similar hardware to the AndyPad - anyone have any ideas?

Stew

Just wondered what the thoughts were on this?

I know Honeycomb is not open source, but there are various tablets which have had a Honeycomb port.

I know the AndyPad team will be working on an Ice Cream Sandwich port once the source is released, but if I know the Android community it won't be long until someone is trying to hack Honeycomb onto it!

I am not sure if there is any Tablets with a port, which has similar hardware to the AndyPad - anyone have any ideas?

Stew

IF I decide to buy one Ill give it ago, itll either be a SDK port or one from another device,

A couple other forum members have also said they would be interested. Im just having trouble saving for one atm ;)

If I had any idea where to begin, I would help you, but alas I am clueless!! :D

It will have to be ported from another device with a similar CPU like the Viewpad 7x. Also it will probably only support the Andypad Pro.. the normal Andypad has too small screen resolution.

It will have to be ported from another device with a similar CPU like the Viewpad 7x. Also it will probably only support the Andypad Pro.. the normal Andypad has too small screen resolution.

And itll be a tough port which only experianced devs such as paul/flibble will be up for.

I'm going to start by getting 2.3.4 compiled from source. I've had my Pro for a few weeks now but been working on other projects for the Andypad team. I've got a few things to work on then I'll see what I can muster up with the aide of Paul.

~

I'm going to start by getting 2.3.4 compiled from source. I've had my Pro for a few weeks now but been working on other projects for the Andypad team. I've got a few things to work on then I'll see what I can muster up with the aide of Paul.

~

You've got one? Is the stock ROM uploadable? Once I have that, I can start on the port.

Although I have been told that the AndyPad team isn't allowed to upload it yet, but it doesn't seem that you're on it.

Unless you are.. :P

HTC Flyer Honeycomb leaked ROM not useful at all?

HTC Flyer Honeycomb leaked ROM not useful at all?

Not at all.

We won't see Honeycomb on the Andy Pad.

Unless you get some hardcore dev's it will never happen, EVER. Even if it does itll be nothing like a proper honeycomb tablet.

The AP-Pro is a single-core processor still correct? Also, you will never see HC on the AndyPad Standard, the pro is a MAYBE. Skimming the specs, you might get away with it, but you'll be wanting a similar device to port from which you might well struggle with (on a single core A8 which I believe this is). Never say never, but to get it working correctly the Kernel will need a lot of work. To be honest with the array of tablets on the market right now, there is becoming less and less room for Non-HC tabs. AndyPad have got around this by making it REALLY cheap (although the refurb Vega's from PC World are now only £140).

If you bought one of these with the hopes of having HC to make it the device you want, you may well be disappointed, as while it's not a good idea to say NEVER to these things, the amount of work vs. the reward is very high (trust me ;) )

The shame of it is, that HC has officially killed all non-HC tablets, as developers now won't bother creating nice tablet apps that support anything lower than HC :(

newbe5