BlueGinger Custom ROM - ZTE Skate / Monte Carlo (Updated 23/09!)

Guest tilal6991

Guest tilal6991

Hey guys this is a custom ROM for the ZTE Skate / OMC. It's based on the stock OMC build but with many mods and tweaks.

Tweaks and Mods:

• Deodexed
  • Zip-aligned
  • Honneybee animation
  • Orange bloatware and junk removed apart from Signal Boost and DNLA streamer - Media Share
  • Update GAPPs to latest versions including Market to 3.1.3
  • New theme from scratch designed by me - combination of Sense UI, Gingerbread and Honneycomb (temporarily removed - will be back)
  • Updated SuperUser to 3.0 beta 4
  • Support for remount and Busybox included
  • Go Launcher EX instead of Stock Orange Launcher
  • ES File Explorer with support for root exploration and system modification included instead of Orange Filer
  • Link2SD included - need a properly partitioned SD card for it to work

Data wipe is not required but if you do so then please do so before flashing not after.

Changelog:

v2

Fixed lag in previous release

Increased available space

Updated apps

Removed even more unnecessary apps

Replaced ZTE FM radio app with better one

Reverted to default theme for now - will be back in next release

Improved performance tremendously - HD games should be playable

v1

Initial release

Download link:

v2 - Mediafire

v1 - Mediafire

Hope you guys like it! :)

Guest tillaz

will give this a try and see if it fixes my problem when making calls (black screen). Thanks.

is this 2.2 ? or did you mean based on OMC stock rom ? im confused.

Edited by tillaz

Guest tilal6991

will give this a try and see if it fixes my problem when making calls (black screen). Thanks.

is this 2.2 ? or did you mean based on OMC stock rom ? im confused.

Doh - (facepalm). Yes I meant OMC.

Guest Christian Edwards
im a little confused right now... will this deactivate simlock?

No, new ROM, (the phones software) doesn't unlock the SIM, that will require a SIM lock code.

Thanks, will it have Power Toggles in the Notification Bar?

(sorry, at least I was the first to ask!)

Guest tilal6991

No, new ROM, (the phones software) doesn't unlock the SIM, that will require a SIM lock code.

Thanks, will it have Power Toggles in the Notification Bar?

(sorry, at least I was the first to ask!)

Not in this version but maybe in the future.

Guest tilal6991
im a little confused right now... will this deactivate simlock?

No it wont but again it might do so in the future. I need a romdump of a factory unlocked skate though.

Guest Christian Edwards

Eek! No corporate E-Mail, need that to sync my contacts.

Otherwise seems good, still having the black screen / proximity calling issue but that seems to be related to loading and is a fault on the stock OMC ROM.

Thanks though excellent work.

Guest garym123

can u tell me how to install it please thanks

Eek! No corporate E-Mail, need that to sync my contacts.

Otherwise seems good, still having the black screen / proximity calling issue but that seems to be related to loading and is a fault on the stock OMC ROM.

Thanks though excellent work.

Guest tillaz

nice work my only problem is the font its nice in the menus but i like stock font for web pages.

and for the proximity censer i fear we have faulty handsets i tryed the CM7 ROM to see if it fixed it but it dose not register the sim as been there & dose not let you add APNs

i emailed about getting a refund or exchange..

Guest tilal6991

nice work my only problem is the font its nice in the menus but i like stock font for web pages.

and for the proximity censer i fear we have faulty handsets i tryed the CM7 ROM to see if it fixed it but it dose not register the sim as been there & dose not let you add APNs

Proximity sensor works for me in CM 7 so it may be a software fault - ill have a look.

Guest tilal6991

Oh and about cm7 you can test the bug by not wiping data after install. That way cm7 detects the sim and apns

Guest wrtease

hi their .have tested this new rom and works 100% .wifi ,bluetooth,gps,3g all working fine.even camera is good.so if anyone not tried it yet it is very stable.also the screen is good. launcher stuff very good,i also like the way its designed very good.cant fault it at the moment.much better.have also liked the new market .youtube,google maps work,opera mini ,yahoo mail ,ndrive,engadget,sky news ,spb tv,aldi,bbc news,all apps working fine with this rom.

excellent rom im impressed.

thanks

tilal6991

Guest garym123

hi,can you tell me how to install this please,thanks

hi their .have tested this new rom and works 100% .wifi ,bluetooth,gps,3g all working fine.even camera is good.so if anyone not tried it yet it is very stable.also the screen is good. launcher stuff very good,i also like the way its designed very good.cant fault it at the moment.much better.have also liked the new market .youtube,google maps work,opera mini ,yahoo mail ,ndrive,engadget,sky news ,spb tv,aldi,bbc news,all apps working fine with this rom.

excellent rom im impressed.

thanks

tilal6991

Guest Christian Edwards

can u tell me how to install it please thanks

I've sent you a DM but you need to Super Root and install Clockworkmod first.

See the top posts at the start of this forum.

Guest lordjubblydave

THANKS! for a very nice rom.

I really appreciate all your hard work, within a month of the OMC you have produced this and a semi ported CM7.

Now if only i can get the badword simlock removed i can start using my phone properly.

Guest wrtease

could you do this for the blade would look amazing .totally liked the startup and look of your blueginger as it went into main screen .so far no bugs .

Guest tilal6991
Any benchmark results for reference? Too bad my OMC is in factory for making jelly cases; otherwise I will definitely give it a try

I managed 1000 on quadrant. Will try to get more for you.

Guest john.smith

I think stock ROM sits in 930ish? I didn't mark it down but the Vellamo score was 306 so maybe you can have a play with that.

Cheers!

I managed 1000 on quadrant. Will try to get more for you.

Guest dadashi

I'm having a very little problem with GO Launcher,

When I enter a menu in an app the white text is displayed on a nearly whit background and very difficult to read. I've looked through the GoLauncher prefrences but can't find the option to change the colours in the app menu.

Is it possible to change and how do I do it?