BlueGinger Custom ROM - ZTE Skate / Monte Carlo (Updated 23/09!)

Guest tilal6991

Hi all

I have a ZTE Skate, but a working sample (probably) I got long before it has even appeared on the market (don't ask how - but it was supposed t) anyway I started today by rooting and uninstalling apps, then I saw that the lock screen would not appear after I pressed the lock button to unlock it ... (had to remove the battery and relaunch it) so I thought I probably uninstalled some app from Orange that could do that.

So i thought, why not to install clockwork and then change the ROM.

I tried the BlueGinger ROM and not only the lock has still the issue but the screen is upside down !

Clockwork mod was upside down(but figured out it was fine) but the ROM upside down too ! (and to click a buton that is for example at the top I have to click at the opposite of it at the bottom ...). Volume keys are inversed too .... I tried with the stock ROM that is on this forum, but no luck, same issue and lock button still not working. Tried to wipe everything and start again. Same thing ...

I don't know if someone can help,

The touchscreen is at the right place, but the what is displayed on the screen is upside down !

Hi all

I have a ZTE Skate, but a working sample (probably) I got long before it has even appeared on the market (don't ask how - but it was supposed t)

you say zte skate. is this a zte branded version unlocked ?

or did you mean orange monte carlo from orange ?

Lets say it is a ZTE branded but with a test (in developement) Monte Carlo ROM (I think it was B01 not B05 in your example).

Hardware should be the same as ROM testing starts with final hardware but I don't know what happened ...

Is there somewhere in the configuration file a "flip the screen" ? :D

I can get you a photo of the flipped screen if you like :)

Edited by plop08

send us a picture of phone and upside down picture.

Ok so here you go.

Loading of the new loading animation, upside down :

p0509111105.jpg

Here the unlock screen

p0509111102.jpg

To unlock the screen I have to slide at the opposite

p0509111109.jpg

Same goes for notifications, at the opposite

p050911111101.jpg

Or even for launching apps (for the camera here for example)

p0509111112.jpg

Hard to get the picture as once the screen goes black I cannot unlock it again, screen stays dark (my unlock button is at the right hand, maybe it is different on your products)

Don't know what else I can say xD

have you tried different sims and their should be a stock rom on this forum that you can try.

I dit not try another sim but I think it should work. Orange Stock ROM does the same issue.

It all started when I rooted the device. In the loading, the Droid was already upside down but screen was fine afterw ards so I did not think it was related ...

Clockwork mod is reversed too but that is normal I understood ...

Edited by plop08

can you try a different sim and let us no what happens.

I tried a non Orange Sim. It is connecting to the network fine.

But that was expected as it is a testing device so probably not sim locked.

can you make a backup of clockwork and download it to the forum devs on here please.

I have installed Clockwork from here so I don't really know ...

Which backup do you need ? I rooted with the file on modaco, clockwork from here too and ROM from here.

well its debranded and unlocked as far as i no.this one one hear seems to be unlocked and the devs need an unlocked one to work on.

thing is it is maybe not a hardware final version. And hardware could be different from what you have guys

Guest wrtease

thats what the devs on here need to know as it very important to test out .and help other devs get to the bottom of thingsfor the monte carlo and the skate.it will help make things better for us all tto find out as much as possible about both phones.

thing is it is maybe not a hardware final version. And hardware could be different from what you have guys

Sounds like you have something which is known as a rarity, I wonder what it could be worth :P

this could help all members to get the full advantage of using the mobile to the full.

I hope so, btw...how would it benefit the developers when someone else has the phone?...don't you need the phone physically to test it on and that sort of thing, sorry for the dumb question.

Guest wrtease

devs can explore the backup and check whats on it and see if they can find a solution to unlock it .and see what kernal it uses.so much more is still waiting to be discovered about it.do you want to be on orange for a long time ,me not.i would like he devs to find out as much as possible about it for the members to get full control of their devices.thats why.

devs can explore the backup and check whats on it and see if they can find a solution to unlock it .and see what kernal it uses.so much more is still waiting to be discovered about it.do you want to be on orange for a long time ,me not.i would like he devs to find out as much as possible about it for the members to get full control of their devices.thats why.

I've been on Orange since 2001, however I do use other networks but...with a very cheap unlocked phone, so for me personally the network lock isn't an issue because I wouldn't want to be opening up a nice phone and changing sim cards, however...I want to make my phone faster, make it very customisable, nice looking interface etc so that is what is appealing to me.