BlueGinger Custom ROM - ZTE Skate / Monte Carlo (Updated 23/09!)

Guest tilal6991

Guest tilal6991

No - you have a ROM issue - you need a specially compiled CM. I'll do that for you.

The flipping of the droid occurs after a short while which means the initial libs have been loaded.

Your Skate is like early blades.

No - you have a ROM issue - you need a specially compiled CM. I'll do that for you.

The flipping of the droid occurs after a short while which means the initial libs have been loaded.

Your Skate is like early blades.

Wow ok you seem to know what you are doing ! I am really grateful for your help!

As the prod date of the skate is 04/2011 that could be true, that is closer to a blade :/

I don't know what could be so different anyway!

That would resolve my locking screen issue too you think?

Edited by plop08

Guest tilal6991

Wow ok you seem to know what you are doing ! I am really grateful for your help!

As the prod date of the skate is 04/2011 that could be true, that is closer to a blade :/

I don't know what could be so different anyway!

That would resolve my locking screen issue too you think?

Yes I think it should.

See here - https://github.com/tilal6991/android_device_zte_skate/blob/gingerbread/BoardConfig.mk - look a few lines down and you'll see the vital line.

BOARD_HAS_FLIPPED_SCREEN := true

Ok, got it. But why on hell they make flipped screens xD ? And that should resolve the lock screen too then ok great! You rule :)

Hope it will work.

If you need something as I have an unlocked device, do not hesitate to ask

Edited by plop08

Guest tilal6991

BOARD_HAS_FLIPPED_SCREEN := true

Ok, got it. But why on hell they make flipped screens xD ? And that should resolve the lock screen too then ok great! You rule :)

Hope it will work.

If you need something as I have an unlocked device, do not hesitate to ask

Because ZTE can be really stupid sometimes :)

Yes indeed ... :D

I am juste curious how it could resolve the other issue with the dark screen when I try to unlock. Is it because it tries to display something but it "feels" the screen is flipped?

Anyway, great ! I am waiting for your ROM then!

Guest tilal6991

Yes indeed ... :D

I am juste curious how it could resolve the other issue with the dark screen when I try to unlock. Is it because it tries to display something but it "feels" the screen is flipped?

Anyway, great ! I am waiting for your ROM then!

http://www.mediafire.com/?0kr7dlqa919yj1w - recovery. Check if it resolves the flipped screen.

Guest tilal6991

Can I use this recovery.image on my OMC to get rid of Clockwork...?

No this is CWM only for plop - it has flipped screen for us. Also why do you want original recovery?

Guest tilal6991

How do I use it ? in the clockworkmod ?

No download it and flash like you flashed ClockworkMod i.e. using fastboot - it is Clockwork Mod but with flipped screen fixed.

Guest Jeff 66

I'm having a very little problem with GO Launcher,

When I enter a menu in an app the white text is displayed on a nearly whit background and very difficult to read. I've looked through the GoLauncher prefrences but can't find the option to change the colours in the app menu.

Is it possible to change and how do I do it?

I'm having the same problem, the text under the icons is almost unreadable.

Is there a fix for this?

Ok so ROM is now not flipped so it is fine but when i try to lock then unlock it is still black screen ... The first time i had this is after adding root and starting taking out some apps. What could it be ?

Guest tilal6991

I'm having the same problem, the text under the icons is almost unreadable.

Is there a fix for this?

No I'm afraid not. It's one of the problems of the theme.

Guest tilal6991
Ok so ROM is now not flipped so it is fine but when i try to lock then unlock it is still black screen ... The first time i had this is after adding root and starting taking out some apps. What could it be ?

Ill work on that tommorow. I think it might have something to do with animations.

Guest m33darkalex

I installed this custom, rebooted device.... Appeared logo of android loading with blue background and nothing else...Phone is not turning on. What should i doo?

Guest tilal6991
I installed this custom, rebooted device.... Appeared logo of android loading with blue background and nothing else...Phone is not turning on. What should i doo?

Did you have a backup before you flashed?

reflash stock rom

witch custom rom did you flash ?

Edited by tillaz

Ill work on that tommorow. I think it might have something to do with animations.

Really? ok great if you have an idea. Tell me if you need a video or something

Should I still try fastbook with your recovery + BlueGinger or CM7 for Skate?

Guest Jeff 66

I had the same problem when I first installed it today. I reinstalled my backup, then installed BlueGinger again, after wiping my data, then it worked. I don't know if it was the data wipe that made the difference but it might be worth trying it.

Guest tilal6991

Really? ok great if you have an idea. Tell me if you need a video or something

Should I still try fastbook with your recovery + BlueGinger or CM7 for Skate?

The CWM I posted should resolve flipped screen. Nothing Else. So if you think that's a bog issue flash it. Otherwise you don't,really need to do so.

Could you post a video - it would be really helpful :)