[ACCOMPLISHED] AD-HOC support for OMC/SKATE

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

hey, can some one help me enable ad-hoc support on the OMC/skate. i cant seem to find any working mod & would realy like to use my laptops internet since there is no unlock yet.

any help would be great.

Edited by tillaz

• 1 month later...

eventually !!!!!!!!!! i have finally enabled ad hoc wifi support for the rom......... just leaves the Bluetooth hid profile & video recording.......smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Edited by tillaz

Is that an app called MeshApp?

Or is it actually patched into the framework? :)

Am not sure myself. Care to explain further? :D

im not sure, didn't use it for the same reason lol, i just patched the wpa_suplicant, had tried this a number of times before but with no success smile.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest glossywhite

im not sure, didn't use it for the same reason lol, i just patched the wpa_suplicant, had tried this a number of times before but with no susses smile.gif

No "susses"? :-/

• 4 months later...
Guest hugobosslives

sorry to bump and old thread. (but its better than starting a new one)

i've just moved to the skate/omc and would appreciate some help on how you got the ad hoc support working

i'm failing miserably at the moment.

cheers

sorry to bump and old thread. (but its better than starting a new one)

i've just moved to the skate/omc and would appreciate some help on how you got the ad hoc support working

i'm failing miserably at the moment.

cheers

add this to system/bin http://minus.com/mrq7BHr5e#1

if you do this with root explorer make sure WiFi is off first

Guest hugobosslives

cheers for the file.

but unfortunately it doesn't work.

I copied it into /system/bin in root (/system write mode) in es file explorer and then rebooted.

now it seems not to try to connect to the network. strange.

any ideas?

cheers for the file.

but unfortunately it doesn't work.

I copied it into /system/bin in root (/system write mode) in es file explorer and then rebooted.

now it seems not to try to connect to the network. strange.

any ideas?

should work, it works in both bluemonte rom (2.3.4) & atomic rom (2.3.5).

dose it actually see the add-hoc but just not connecting ?

since a i replaced my laptop with win 7 pre-installed i can get add-hoc working with any device, ps3, xbox 360 etc..

worked fine on vista,

do you have internet sharing enabled for wireless network connection on your laptop/pc

Edited by tillaz

Guest hugobosslives

should work, it works in both bluemonte rom (2.3.4) & atomic rom (2.3.5).

dose it actually see the add-hoc but just not connecting ?

since a i replaced my laptop with win 7 pre-installed i can get add-hoc working with any device, ps3, xbox 360 etc..

worked fine on vista,

do you have internet sharing enabled for wireless network connection on your laptop/pc

using a pre-installed win7 laptop. yes. internet sharing is enabled.

yer it can see it. it just keeps saying connecting. then fails. then tries again.

strange point. since replacing the wpa... it prefixes my network name with a (*)

for example if i call the adhoc network "hugo" in win7. it comes up as "(*)hugo!" on the phone

using a pre-installed win7 laptop. yes. internet sharing is enabled.

yer it can see it. it just keeps saying connecting. then fails. then tries again.

strange point. since replacing the wpa... it prefixes my network name with a (*)

for example if i call the adhoc network "hugo" in win7. it comes up as "(*)hugo!" on the phone

yep, its working on the phone end, its your computer that's causing the problem im in exactly the same boat since windows 7

are you using McAfee internet security? i read that this is causing it but have not had time to try and get it working

Try disabling the McAfee network agent service. Run > "msconfig" > Services.

I disabled the mcafee network agent and the mcafee firewall core service.

Guest hugobosslives

i use bullguard internet security.

so do you have it working on your win7 laptop?

meh maybe it's the rom. it's running a stock source cm7 build. you think trying one of your roms it might work?

i use bullguard internet security.

so do you have it working on your win7 laptop?

meh maybe it's the rom. it's running a stock source cm7 build. you think trying one of your roms it might work?

it works in atomic,

i did get it working on my win7 laptop by doing the above, ps3 also, but after doing a factory restore (on laptop) and after all the MS updates i cant get anything to connect to the add-hoc,

you could try atomic or cm7 to confirm or try this http://www.connectify.me/ its apparently good with win7 and android (creates a virtual AP)

Edited by tillaz

btw, there is a way how to make windows 7 act like access point and share its internet connection (even WIFI!) with your mobile.

Here is my google translated slovak guide. It's quite easy.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=sk&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=sk&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fandroidforum.sk%2Fmanualy-prirucky%2Fwifi-hotspot-na-windows-7-t2046.html

Guest JThumar

Thnks......my display is not showing name of new wifi network connection.....does it matter it only shows check/unchek box in the sharing tab.

Update

Managed to connect from laptop wifi point rather than router which is far and was giving low signals !! Thnks for this info

btw, there is a way how to make windows 7 act like access point and share its internet connection (even WIFI!) with your mobile.

Here is my google translated slovak guide. It's quite easy.

http://translate.goo...ws-7-t2046.html

Edit Edited by JThumar

Guest JThumar

Newbie...so can you explain what this means ? blink.gif

eventually !!!!!!!!!! i have finally enabled ad hoc wifi support for the rom......... just leaves the Bluetooth hid profile & video recording.......smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Newbie...so can you explain what this means ? blink.gif

its just so atomic can see add-hoc networks, android cant do this natively, its a very old post

Edited by tillaz

Guest hugobosslives

*sigh*

this is ridiculous.

using normal windows adhoc gives "connecting" for ages then fails

using the linked cmd setup method gives "obtaining IP address for ages"

and using connectify gives "connected" but connection does not give any actual internet access on the skate

how is it so hard to set up an adhoc connection haha!??

has anyone got this working on win7 and the OMC?

*sigh*

this is ridiculous.

using normal windows adhoc gives "connecting" for ages then fails

using the linked cmd setup method gives "obtaining IP address for ages"

and using connectify gives "connected" but connection does not give any actual internet access on the skate

how is it so hard to set up an adhoc connection haha!??

has anyone got this working on win7 and the OMC?

its Microsoft and there shitty updates lol they killed my vista laptop...

im going to factory restore soon and see if it works with out any MS updates,

i have exactly the same problems as above sad.gif

well let you know...

EDIT: i did have it working at one point but after updates it stopped (i think)

Edited by tillaz

Guest hugobosslives

KK cheers. stupid windows.

its annoying as i end up spending most of my time booting into windows at the moment. Uni projects mean i'm constantly on MATLAB or cad programs like solidworks.

would be nice to work out how to set up an adhoc network.

cheers for the help