Streakdroid 2.3

Guest fards

Guest pompeyboyz

So far I havnt been able to get any extra google+ features.. However so far i've managed to achive 100% stability by reducing the heap size from 64m! (Unsupported by most heap chaning apps) to 24m (android default)

No freezes, browser or otherwise. Just general "gingerbread custom rom" joltyness :D

Noob question here..... how do you change the heap size as I would like to get stability with browsers.

Noob question here..... how do you change the heap size as I would like to get stability with browsers.

VM heap tool from the market ;)

Edited by Azurren

In case you are completely ignorant dagoodboy you'll be able to read well enough that we were working on kernel code. It was making good progress but as it was mostly me, with some huge contributions from awd, who does lowlevel micro-processors and doesnt know linux.

We had no other contributions despite continual appeals for help, we actually have it running quite well, and were moving slowly across to rewriting the drivers, the rotation already worked mostly, having started writing it from scratch, but without gpio information, and trying to work out what the hell happens with dells code, thats pretty damn hard to acheive..

theres a bug in the power manager, but without acess to those infos its not easy to fix. So when i was given this kernel it seemed obvious to release it asap to get a good solid working build out.

I didnt have to, i did it because i thpught it would bring benefit to people, but instead all i get is bitchy whining, so ive stepped away from it for a while, hopefully till those idiots have moved on to other devices. The moronphone5 is out soon isnt it?

The other devices that have working kernel source building usually are based on code released by manufacturers, the nexus has huge amount of support because its easy...google gave them pretty much everything they need..

But even they tend to use binary blobs somewhere along the way.

The kernel is there, fork and work on it, dont complain about what weve acheived, you can rewrite the drivers from scratch, have fun, I wont criticize your efforts..

Oh and dell didnt drop support for the streak, its still being sold, just not in the usa, but hey ,most people in the usa only think they exist and no-one else does, and go around living based on bad assumptions.

Its just been launched in turkey, and still within life cycle in japan, india, and most importantly korea

Edited by fards

Heh, give people a taste of hevan and they'll always come back for more.. You can't really blame them, they see your release as almost perfect that only needs a few tweaks. They even consider that "simple" things may not be working because of huge source issues.

Oh and the US is the world.

As taught in some redneck schools.. Atleast that's the way some come across

Most of us will wait patiently :)

Guest at_homeuk

Just been looking here and on xda for a few weeks now and its almost like being at school. What has happened to xda smiles. That said latest version GB from fards is stable and guess what people I fixed every issue I had with it by simply reading everything, most faults have been reported multiple times and fixed by using my new android app called "Grade 1 eyeball".

Guest andycqos
<br />In case you are completely ignorant dagoodboy you'll be able to read well enough that we were working on kernel code. It was making good progress but as it was mostly me, with some huge contributions from awd, who does lowlevel micro-processors and doesnt know linux.<br /> We had no other contributions despite continual appeals for help, we actually have it running quite well, and were moving slowly across to rewriting the drivers, the rotation already worked mostly, having started writing it from scratch,  but without gpio information, and trying to work out what the hell happens with dells code, thats pretty damn hard to acheive.. <br />theres a bug in the power manager, but without acess to those infos its not easy to fix. So when i was given this kernel it seemed obvious to release it asap to get a good solid working build out.<br />I didnt have to, i did it because i thpught it would bring benefit to people, but  instead all i get is bitchy whining, so ive stepped away from it for a while, hopefully till those idiots have moved on to other devices. The moronphone5 is out soon isnt it?<br />The other devices that have working kernel source building usually are based on code released by manufacturers, the nexus has huge amount of support because its easy...google gave them pretty much everything they need..<br />But even they tend to use binary blobs somewhere along the way.<br /><br />The kernel is there, fork and work on it, dont complain about what weve acheived, you can rewrite the drivers from scratch, have fun, I wont criticize your efforts..<br /><br />Oh and dell didnt drop support for the streak, its still being sold, just not in the usa, but hey ,most people in the usa only think they exist and no-one else does, and go around living based on bad assumptions.<br />Its just been launched in turkey, and still within life cycle in japan, india, and most importantly korea<br />

Thats a real shame. I really like this ROM (especially after the Heap change seems to have stopped Opera crashing - thanks Azurren :) ) and without people like you and Steve none of this would be possible and, I dare say, a lot of us would probably have ditched their Streaks long ago.

There will always be idiots and there will always be people who criticise and want more. I get it, both professionally and in projects I work on outside of work, and you learn to just ignore it. Along with the critics there will always be those who will actively give praise, but there will also be even more people out there who are very happy with what you do but never actually say so.

I hope you think about that and reconsider "stepping away"

Oh and the US is the world.

As taught in some redneck schools.. Atleast that's the way some come across

Most of us will wait patiently :)

Careful...one of "THEM" might be among us!!!!

Guest Adam Mallinson

So far I havnt been able to get any extra google+ features.. However so far i've managed to achive 100% stability by reducing the heap size from 64m! (Unsupported by most heap chaning apps) to 24m (android default)

No freezes, browser or otherwise. Just general "gingerbread custom rom" joltyness :D

Does this include flash video in the browser or in apps?

Does this include flash video in the browser or in apps?

Cross testing with 2.2 (1.9.0) I think I am narrowing this down to lack of RAM and memory management.

It seems to work perfectly after a fresh boot / Task killer.

Came to this conclusion after experiencing lag in 1.9.0 while loading flash, turned out the memory was under 50mb. Managed to open task killer in 2.3 during a freeze and it had 6mb free

I'm trying to find a decent auto-killer app that starts closing apps sooner (Leave atleast 80mb free ram?) but I am yet to find one that does this :mellow:

Guest mrmrmrmr

Hi,

I was very happy with the rom, but now something very strange happened and I don't know how to overcome.

I paired with a new audio device. Then I disabled from Extended Controls and the bluetooth process crashed. Now the bluetooth is repeatedly turning off and on. I can't access the bluetooth settings.

How can I wipe "only" the bluetooth settings ?

what can I try ?

edit: never mind; I've solved it by removing the linkkeys file.

Edited by mrmrmrmr

Guest thebushmans

In case you are completely ignorant dagoodboy you'll be able to read well enough that we were working on kernel code. It was making good progress but as it was mostly me, with some huge contributions from awd, who does lowlevel micro-processors and doesnt know linux.

We had no other contributions despite continual appeals for help, we actually have it running quite well, and were moving slowly across to rewriting the drivers, the rotation already worked mostly, having started writing it from scratch, but without gpio information, and trying to work out what the hell happens with dells code, thats pretty damn hard to acheive..

theres a bug in the power manager, but without acess to those infos its not easy to fix. So when i was given this kernel it seemed obvious to release it asap to get a good solid working build out.

I didnt have to, i did it because i thpught it would bring benefit to people, but instead all i get is bitchy whining, so ive stepped away from it for a while, hopefully till those idiots have moved on to other devices. The moronphone5 is out soon isnt it?

The other devices that have working kernel source building usually are based on code released by manufacturers, the nexus has huge amount of support because its easy...google gave them pretty much everything they need..

But even they tend to use binary blobs somewhere along the way.

The kernel is there, fork and work on it, dont complain about what weve acheived, you can rewrite the drivers from scratch, have fun, I wont criticize your efforts..

Oh and dell didnt drop support for the streak, its still being sold, just not in the usa, but hey ,most people in the usa only think they exist and no-one else does, and go around living based on bad assumptions.

Its just been launched in turkey, and still within life cycle in japan, india, and most importantly korea

Definitely! Most people in the USA think that only they exist. Nearly all of us Americans go around living based on bad assumptions. We're just a bunch of imbeciles.

I understand you're butt-hurt that people criticized work that you spent a ton of time on, but your comments are unnecessary and insulting. Just some friendly advice here - think about what you're trying to say before you post it.

Okay, Google hangouts :D

In short.. IT WORKS

It seems the only issue is portrait screen orientation, although it looks fine to you you're upside down to everyone else (go figure). Works fine in landscape mode though :D

I have changed the default orientation to portrait mind.. Could be the cause :S

So.. Enjoy :)

And so what if we enjoy stereo typing :P

I can only speak from my experience.. I guess I've just been unlucky :mellow:

Edited by Azurren

Guest angel008

this is an awesome ROM that i ever tested and i decided to keep this. running smooth on my streak, pretty stable and snappy, my battery life was also improved in this ROM. i just notice that while playing youtube the video is not playing in HD. does anybody encounter the same issue? to those who have encountered it is there a way that you have fixed it?

Definitely! Most people in the USA think that only they exist. Nearly all of us Americans go around living based on bad assumptions. We're just a bunch of imbeciles.

I understand you're butt-hurt that people criticized work that you spent a ton of time on, but your comments are unnecessary and insulting. Just some friendly advice here - think about what you're trying to say before you post it.

nobody gives a damn about insulting me and posting uneccessary comments, so i only consider it fair and appropriate that i take the same attitude. i frankly havent been 'butt hurt' by criticism, im sick to death of harrassment.but thankyou for that evaluation, next time i ceel the need a psychologist ill be sure to give you a call..

now rather than take what i said out of context why not stop and think for a while,

'mmm dell have stopped support for the streak in the us. is that really global as in all around the world is it just the usa?' 'why have all the usa websites and american members of forums decided to proclaim its not supported at all anywhere, when thats plainly not true, its just in their country' then put my words in context.

they have jumped to the conclusion based around the idea that anything that happens in the usa must be all that matters, there cant be a different alternative..

my comments werent aimed at you, but you have demonstrated the high level of jingoism that most non americans perceive is rife, by jumping in and doing the chest banging act.

if some one takes the piss out of us brits we nealry always turn around and laugh about it. especially when its true....its an attitude i wish more countries would take.

i just noticed that every time that i flash the ROM the performance of my streak is getting better.

That shouldn't really make any difference whatsoever :P

Although a fresh rom always runs faster

Guest alert_bri

VM heap tool from the market ;)

Thank you SO much, I downloaded VM heap tool, set the heap to 24M and things seem much much more stable. Battery life also seems much improved!

TOP job folks, thanks for pulling together here biggrin.gif

Brian

this is an awesome ROM that i ever tested and i decided to keep this. running smooth on my streak, pretty stable and snappy, my battery life was also improved in this ROM. i just notice that while playing youtube the video is not playing in HD. does anybody encounter the same issue? to those who have encountered it is there a way that you have fixed it?

hi. can you please tell me what rom you used. the one from fards first post or amy layer ones mentioned in different post. thank you.

now rather than take what i said out of context why not stop and think for a while,

'mmm dell have stopped support for the streak in the us. is that really global as in all around the world is it just the usa?' 'why have all the usa websites and american members of forums decided to proclaim its not supported at all anywhere, when thats plainly not true, its just in their country' then put my words in context.

In support of @fards position check here

http://www.unlockstreak.com/blogs/news/3795932-dell-streak-is-not-dead

Also seeAngelo's post in the Comments "the just released streak last may 2011 here in the philippines".

Guest angel008

hi. can you please tell me what rom you used. the one from fards first post or amy layer ones mentioned in different post. thank you.

i am using the gs2_3beta2 coming from xda forum located in the first post. i just followed the instructions posted by fards.

Just wanted to point out one issue I've had since I moved from 1.9.1 to 2.3, but the APN list keeps getting wiped clean on my white Streak. It's happened two times now, at seemingly random times. I don't know if it has to do with me having SetDNS installed or perhaps some other program, but it's just weird. Nothing else gets erased, just the APNs. Of course I can just hit the defaults button and restore ATT's settings and everything is good to go after.

Otherwise, amazing work so far on this ROM guys! Runs great for me :D

Just wanted to point out one issue I've had since I moved from 1.9.1 to 2.3, but the APN list keeps getting wiped clean on my white Streak. It's happened two times now, at seemingly random times. I don't know if it has to do with me having SetDNS installed or perhaps some other program, but it's just weird. Nothing else gets erased, just the APNs. Of course I can just hit the defaults button and restore ATT's settings and everything is good to go after.

Otherwise, amazing work so far on this ROM guys! Runs great for me :D

Hmmmm..

Are you using APNDroid or any other app that messes with your APNs to change data types etc?

More likely an app than a Rom issue :)

i am using the gs2_3beta2 coming from xda forum located in the first post. i just followed the instructions posted by fards.

Thanks, installed it now as per fards instructions, works great so far laugh.gif

Thanks to everyone who made this possible!

one thing - the market.... is that how its supposed to look in 2.3?