Hannspad Cases

Guest roundajr2579

Guest roundajr2579

Hi all.

Ive had my Hannspad for about two weeks now and loving it! However ive been looking to buy a case for it, one that can hold the device as a stand whilst travelling.

I have seen plenty available for other tablets especially the ipad however i wondered if anybody had tried the ones available for the transformer or the xoom? They all have the same screen size as far as i know but im not sure about the screen ratios or unit sizes to see if a specific case would fit the hannspad?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Andy

Guest roundajr2579

Thanks for the reply Chet T16, I had looked at that case on ebay but just wasnt sure about it.

Can you answer one question about this case though as i just wondered how the device is secured into it?

i got one of those, its really really neat!

bought a 12" neoprene netbook cover with aluminium inserts,

really cheap as well (from tkmax), that the entire thing goes in (case and all) to give it some more protection in the back of my velomobile :D

Guest skullster

LOL I purchased on of these cases without seeing your article. Couldn't understand why the tabs restricted the top buttons. Your picture makes it clear.... I had it in upside down! Just had to bend the tabs in slightly and now it fits like a glove!

I paid a couple of pound more because it had Hannspad in the title :-(

Guest roundajr2579

In the end I purchased the same one that Chet T16 recommended too and it really is a nice product and a nice fit on the Hannspad device.

I too just bent the little brackets slightly to hug the unit and since then works great!..

I know what you mean though regarding the buttons, the way the case is designed my natural instinct to how it folded nearly made me put it in upside down too!.. lol... biggrin.gif

Guest roundajr2579

that case looks good but the speaker is hidden under the cover... isn't there a more suitable case for the hannspad?

To be fair i thought the same when i popped the hannspad in the case too however i have since then watched a movie whilst its in the case and if anything the sound seems to reflect back at you... I didn't notice much stifling of the sound.

To be fair i thought the same when i popped the hannspad in the case too however i have since then watched a movie whilst its in the case and if anything the sound seems to reflect back at you... I didn't notice much stifling of the sound.

cool I will be ordering one then. I take it those who bought it are satisfied how compatible it is with the tablet. The seller is selling them for double the price now!:/

Edited by djzing

Guest Armadillo1

I'm not a huge fan of these leather cases. I'd prefer a similar case to the one I have on my San Fran, which is a gel/silicone one. They are quite basic - just one piece of solid plastic (silicone or whatever) but they really prevent the device from slipping out of your hand and if it should fall it does a pretty good job of taking a knock.

This is the type I'm talking about http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-TPU-Soft-Gel-silicone-Case-Cover-Apple-iPad-2-/150667652165?pt=UK_iPad_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item23147dec45

I have found something like that for the Advent Vega and other tablets but none of them would fit the Hannspad well unfortunately. Is there another tablet which is very similar size to the Hannspad? I guess it shouldn't really be more than 1 or 2 mm out, otherwise it wouldn't be a tight enough fit.

I'm not a huge fan of these leather cases. I'd prefer a similar case to the one I have on my San Fran, which is a gel/silicone one. They are quite basic - just one piece of solid plastic (silicone or whatever) but they really prevent the device from slipping out of your hand and if it should fall it does a pretty good job of taking a knock.

This is the type I'm talking about http://www.ebay.co.u...=item23147dec45

I have found something like that for the Advent Vega and other tablets but none of them would fit the Hannspad well unfortunately. Is there another tablet which is very similar size to the Hannspad? I guess it shouldn't really be more than 1 or 2 mm out, otherwise it wouldn't be a tight enough fit.

indeed would be nice to have a silicon one for hanndpad.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest djzing

indeed would be nice to have a silicon one for hanndpad.

Ive just recieved the Iconia case today... its very nice and useful, only the microphone and sd slot are covered by the hinges, don't know if it will bother too much, especially with microphone.

Also the speaker doesn't have a hole to spread but will test it with some music.

How do you guys use it if you want to hold the pad with your hands without using the stand mode, do you fold the whole thing together? perhaps someone can illustrate with a picture?

Thanks!