• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[Confused] Maybe i've cracked my Bootloader?!

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hey,

yesterday i've flash the new TripNMiui version (http://www.mediafire.com/?sbuvsn2skvu447q) over this version (http://www.mediafire...c24chy9nmiz9ori) both with Doomkernel v4 (modFXP-DooMKernel-v04) then i've restore an Miui-backup (with i'll send developers i know 'cause there a private contents in it (like sms and contacts)). X10 crashed down and when i try to restart it it stucks BEFORE SE logo (led blinks and phone vibrates). With flashtool i've flashed 2.3 ftf and now it runs again.

i've test it 3 time, same result every turn.

So maybe i've crack it?

if not sorry for every shock =P

Posted · Report post

If only it were that simple.

Did you wipe everything before? Maybe Doomkernel v4 is not compatible with MIUI. Battery charged?

Try it without restoring system settings in MIUI as they are two different versions of MIUI. Don't restore data either. Can cause problems.

Dunno. Let's have others speak to this topic.

But I'll tell you for sure that you didn't crack the bootloader. Your phone just won't boot or load. biggrin.gif

Posted · Report post

It's called 'soft bricked' the phone cannot boot up because the DooMKernel you used isn't compatable with TripNMiUI, with the ramdisk.tar and wifi.ko etc... being different, so yeah because our bootloader isn't unlocked is the reason that PC Companion, flashtool, SEUS etc is accepting it, due to it being in flashmode, if it was bootloader unlocked then it would be a proper briick (no flashmode at all)

Hope this helps

Regards

Posted · Report post

More like, how much stuff can I download and flash to my phone with blatant disregard for compatibility or dev recommendations as if Im on crack and have no clue about phones, but not completly brick my phone, and then ask everyone why the phone is unresponsive and not working. :lol:

Posted · Report post

1 - IF you allready had cracked it then you fixed the crack by flashing the ftf file over it

2 - Its not possible to crack it in this way

3 - To get the X10 in to flastboot mode do the following

- create an ftf file

- put in the kernel and baseband sin files (MAKE SURE THEY DONT MATCH)

for example bb61 with the new gb-ready semc kernel

- After flash boot into rom

- Start adb shell

- run the following commands

su

reboot

(dont remove the usb cable at any time in this process)

- The phone reboots automaticly into fastboot

You cant do anything because fastboot dont reconize the phone, so maybe with some proper drivers you can get in to it, this is all i know.

Posted · Report post

How do you know that thing is fastboot?

1 - IF you allready had cracked it then you fixed the crack by flashing the ftf file over it

2 - Its not possible to crack it in this way

3 - To get the X10 in to flastboot mode do the following

- create an ftf file

- put in the kernel and baseband sin files (MAKE SURE THEY DONT MATCH)

for example bb61 with the new gb-ready semc kernel

- After flash boot into rom

- Start adb shell

- run the following commands

su

reboot

(dont remove the usb cable at any time in this process)

- The phone reboots automaticly into fastboot

You cant do anything because fastboot dont reconize the phone, so maybe with some proper drivers you can get in to it, this is all i know.

Posted · Report post

How do you know that thing is fastboot?

Because SEUS flash the phone in the same modus. Also (i believe it was procmon) i checked the process and saw fastboot somewhere.

Posted · Report post

so, we have fastboot but we haven't drivers?

Posted (edited) · Report post

no it's not because of the kernel ... it works perfectly for me with TripNMiui without restoring the Backup

<div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>and it was not the topic "<b>How can i restore my phone</b>" cause i get everything working like before.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

Edited by NoDiskNoFun