Terrible battery life since going on holiday

Guest Super Ted

Guest Super Ted

My girlfriend's phone is running swedish spring 5. We recently went to Croatia on holiday. Whilst out there she turned off data, and connected to a local network in order to keep in touch with family etc. Since returning, her phone has had an awful battery life. Where it used to run for a day and a half (usually two days without charge) it now has about an 8 hour battery life. I have a feeling its an android issue as my desire's done the exact same thing (1 day battery reduced to around 6 hours).

Any ideas on this?

Download 'what's my Droid power' from the market and see if anything is using a lot of battery, also try looking at battery usage with spare parts (market again) and look at the battery usage in about phone in settings, this might show the reason. edit: also high temperatures are bad for li-on batteries, if you left the phones in the sun or in a hot place this might have an effect

Edited by ms20

Guest sm4tik

Have you updated any (google) apps lately? Maps 5.8.0 and 5.9.0 had some wierd wakelocks/sensor usage causing battery drain here so I'm back to 5.7.0 which is the latest stable for me. I think the latest maps with latitude enabled is known to drain battery badly.

When you traveling the GSM is constantly switching to another roaming provider. In that case an ordinairy GSM consumes also more power.

If you stay on one place the battery lifetime must increase again.

Guest Psyloid

Have you updated any (google) apps lately? Maps 5.8.0 and 5.9.0 had some wierd wakelocks/sensor usage causing battery drain here so I'm back to 5.7.0 which is the latest stable for me. I think the latest maps with latitude enabled is known to drain battery badly.

I gave up on maps after it drained my phone (actually it is lattitude that is the culprit)

i totally removed it from my phone and i'm using the discounted copilot now for navi

Guest sm4tik

I gave up on maps after it drained my phone (actually it is lattitude that is the culprit)

i totally removed it from my phone and i'm using the discounted copilot now for navi

Yeah, I saw your posts in CM thread. You could also freeze it with Titanium Backup, this way you'll get the next update as soon as possible and can test whether it's a good one or not. For now I'm back to the hacked (navi enabled in all countried) 5.7.0 which I had tested earlier to ba a good one. I don't really need navigation that much, but I do fancy an app that's not draining the battery :)

@Super Ted, if you think an app is responsible for the drain, you could freeze it in TB, reboot and see if it makes any difference.

Edited by sm4tik