Adding/Building Kernel From Source

Guest Sami Beck

Guest Sami Beck

Im expecting the new kernel source to be released, once ive downloaded which file do I have to change to add overclock and after what commands do I use in terminal to build.

Many Thanks

Sami Beck

Guest C3P001

Im expecting the new kernel source to be released, once ive downloaded which file do I have to change to add overclock and after what commands do I use in terminal to build.

Many Thanks

Sami Beck

i wouldnt expect if i were you

Guest sej7278

I'm preparing a guide

How to compile android kernel from scratch

Stay tuned :)

not sure it needs a guide to compile tom_g's 2.6.32 on blade (see below) but patching and getting the skate's 2.6.35 to work definitely would (and then some!)

git clone git://github.com/TomGiordano/kernel_zte_blade.git

cp ~/kernel_zte_blade/arch/arm/configs/cyanogen_blade_defconfig ~/kernel_zte_blade/.config

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=~/cyanogenmod/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.0/bin/arm-eabi-

cp ~/kernel_zte_blade/arch/arm/boot/zImage ~/cyanogenmod/device/zte/blade/kernel

source ~/cyanogenmod/build/envsetup.sh

brunch blade

TARGET_PRODUCT=cyanogen_blade make recoveryzip 

this downloads and compiles the kernel, copies it into the cm7 sources and then builds cm7 using the new kernel and makes a flashable zip of clockworkmod too (assuming you've already downloaded and setup the cm7 repository).

Guest Phoenix Silver

not sure it needs a guide to compile tom_g's 2.6.32 on blade (see below) but patching and getting the skate's 2.6.35 to work definitely would (and then some!)

git clone git://github.com/TomGiordano/kernel_zte_blade.git

cp ~/kernel_zte_blade/arch/arm/configs/cyanogen_blade_defconfig ~/kernel_zte_blade/.config

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=~/cyanogenmod/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.0/bin/arm-eabi-

cp ~/kernel_zte_blade/arch/arm/boot/zImage ~/cyanogenmod/device/zte/blade/kernel

source ~/cyanogenmod/build/envsetup.sh

brunch blade

TARGET_PRODUCT=cyanogen_blade make recoveryzip 

this downloads and compiles the kernel, copies it into the cm7 sources and then builds cm7 using the new kernel and makes a flashable zip of clockworkmod too (assuming you've already downloaded and setup the cm7 repository).

A little long and complicated method

There are other ways to compile just the kernel and transform it in boot.img

Guest sej7278

A little long and complicated method

There are other ways to compile just the kernel and transform it in boot.img

lol, i actually posted that one as i thought it was the easiest method, rather than unpacking/repacking/signing the boot.img or explaining how to push it using fastboot/adb

Guest unrandomsam

lol, i actually posted that one as i thought it was the easiest method, rather than unpacking/repacking/signing the boot.img or explaining how to push it using fastboot/adb

Your method is the easiest method and it fails allot less often.

(And likely essential for doing the job properly as using the 2.6.32 compatibility stuff for usb tethering certainly won't work).