NEED ADVICE ON A NEW DEVICE TO BUY.

Guest wali01x

Guest wali01x

Hi Guys,

As you might have seen me around on trip's forum & xda back then and sometimes here & there. Well anyways onto topic i got soo pissed off with my x10 that it caused soo much trouble for me within' this 1 yr that i MURDERED IT :o well i smashed it onto ground and nothing broke but nothing starts :D anyways here comes money spending question. Ive been looking @ some devices and i need some suggestions from people here & a mistake i don't wanna make by buying another "SONY" crap. Ive looked @ devices like HTC EVO 3D with 5mp camera and 3d, LG OPTIMUS 3D phone also with 5mp camera, HTC SENSATION 4G obiviously 8mp camera front face camera also, Motorola Atrix 4g, Motorola Xt 4g, Samsung Galaxy SII.. PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE WHICH ONE SHOULD I GET NOT "LOOKS" WISE BUT "QUALITY" "GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE" "ROCK SOLID DEVICE WITHOUT HICUPS AND ALSO NOT LOOKING FOR "GOOD LOOKING" DEVICE AS I DON'T GOTTA DATE THE DEVICE OR MARRY IT. SO PLEASE ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED AND SOON.. THANK YOU ALL

I would say SGS II, I bought one just couple of days ago and already flashed 6 roms on it. this is a one hellova phone and the development has already gone crazy :D

Guest strix75

+1000 to that, SGS II is a superb phone.

I would say SGS II, I bought one just couple of days ago and already flashed 6 roms on it. this is a one hellova phone and the development has already gone crazy :D

Guest wali01x

Thanks you guys you feedback is helping me out alot and you sir lancez :D i was thinking of SGS 2 also as i wanna be able to customize alot like flashing like a noob :D but my poor murdered x10 :( im trying to revive it by removing battery off've the motherboard as on desktop they call it "CMOS" i think :D but yeah SGS 2 seems everyything but if someone can help me understand is 3D any good on phones or is it just for "marketing" :|

Guest Cyberman_NI

I can only give you my opinion on the Samsung Galaxy S2 I have one alone side a mucking about x10 (for some TripNfuN) :P

At first I thought, love how thin and light it is. Ok the back cover does feel a bit cheaper quality plastic than the x10, but sure no biggy.

Just remembered just how terrible Orange UK had customised it with wallpaper that looked like it belonged to a Nokia 6110 from so long ago. Nice way to show of Super Amoled+ (NOT)

When I turned it on and played with a bit you can feel the amazing speed, even stock.Flashed a villain rom or 2. Loved it but really missed the MIUI.

So thanks to a certain bmarko not too far from here I flashed his MIUI and wowwww!!!! Is all I can say. Super speed, super smooth.

Very little doesn’t work even though it’s still in beta.

Quadrant Score with about 20 apps installed 3660 on 3rd run maxing 70+ FPS. :o

Loved that you can unlock it in seconds with a free app from the market!

Probably the only bad thing is the screen, and yes I also thought it was gonna be its best feature. In maybe ways it is, big clear sharp, best blacks ever!

Downside, is a very very narrow sweet spot. Unless you’re looking at it square on there is a blue tint over my screen. Its ruins an otherwise excellent phone.

I was just about to send it back and swap it for a Sensation until I read there were touchscreen issues with them, so I kept it my SGS2.

Maybe some of the guys above can tell me if they have the same issue? (Lancez and Co.)B)

EDIT: This is the unlock i used here

Edited by Cyberman_NI

actually, the blue tint is AMOLED's signature, i'll never buy another cellphone without THE blue tint, LOL...... as cyberman mentioned, SGS II has it's down side, but face it, nothing is perfect, and if you are looking for perfection, you are certainly living on a wrong planet :lol: it's all based on personal preference, just pick the one you fall in love with.

LOL, Lancez & Co. ?

Guest wali01x

Hmm so not much downside to sgs 2 which is good to hear but what about 3d does it make any difference to have 3d or these new cameras on htc evo 3d and lg optimus 3d they say stereoscope whaats that about? hmm i have a problem because if i buy unlocked device it'll cost my my half leg & half arm. are there free unlocking for it and also what about bootloader is it strapped up like x10 or open ..

Hmm so not much downside to sgs 2 which is good to hear but what about 3d does it make any difference to have 3d or these new cameras on htc evo 3d and lg optimus 3d they say stereoscope whaats that about? hmm i have a problem because if i buy unlocked device it'll cost my my half leg & half arm. are there free unlocking for it and also what about bootloader is it strapped up like x10 or open ..

there is a free method to unlock the SGS II on XDA and SGS II's bootloader is not locked, or else, there won't be many custom kernels. but if you are looking at north america verion, then you won't have as much fun as euro verion.

about the 3D crap, i'd say it's purely a marketing thing. i wouldn't risk my hard earned money just to be their lab rat. well, my 2 cents tho.

Guest wali01x

there is a free method to unlock the SGS II on XDA and SGS II's bootloader is not locked, or else, there won't be many custom kernels. but if you are looking at north america verion, then you won't have as much fun as euro verion.

about the 3D crap, i'd say it's purely a marketing thing. i wouldn't risk my hard earned money just to be their lab rat. well, my 2 cents tho.

the reason why i asked about the unlock because BELL has the gsm phone and i wanna unlock it for Rogers which is also GSM but as i stated buying a unlocked they'll charge you $200 more just to make more money on phone :/ anyways you guys are right its not worth 3D crap and all this non-sense but what about customer service of samsung and the device durability lets say if i dropped it not too hard will it crack like how x10 cheap flimsy hardware does?

the reason why i asked about the unlock because BELL has the gsm phone and i wanna unlock it for Rogers which is also GSM but as i stated buying a unlocked they'll charge you $200 more just to make more money on phone :/ anyways you guys are right its not worth 3D crap and all this non-sense but what about customer service of samsung and the device durability lets say if i dropped it not too hard will it crack like how x10 cheap flimsy hardware does?

don't know about samsung services in canada, but seems alright in the states tho. the device is pretty solid and i haven't dropped it since i bought it 3 days ago (knocking on wood), but from the past experience, samsung phones are pretty solid, dropped my i8000 on concrete couple of times, few scratchs was all i got.

Guest wali01x

don't know about samsung services in canada, but seems alright in the states tho. the device is pretty solid and i haven't dropped it since i bought it 3 days ago (knocking on wood), but from the past experience, samsung phones are pretty solid, dropped my i8000 on concrete couple of times, few scratchs was all i got.

Thanks Lancez mm lets see how things hold up and how's the camera like Lancez better then x10? i need a camera to keep up with 3 yr old daughter pictures & videos for her lifetime memories when she grows up she'll see it..

Guest wali01x

you will not regret the 8 mp with HD video recording camera, i love it :D

Thanks dude i owe you guys one big one :) it helped me narrow my decision alot and even after mudering my x10 then hospitalizing it & jump starting its "CMOS" heart. it hasn't responded so it looks like its has no pulse or life :( so this is it for xperia x10 im gonna have to bury it and its probably gonna go to 7th heaven and live in peace :( R.I.P. XPERIA X10 :| haha here i comes SGS 2 :D but lancez & guys as soon as i get the SGS2 can you guys help me with flashing & the whole bit as im not used to its "INTERFACE" i probably bet it uses CWM = cyan work mode recovery :/

Thanks dude i owe you guys one big one :) it helped me narrow my decision alot and even after mudering my x10 then hospitalizing it & jump starting its "CMOS" heart. it hasn't responded so it looks like its has no pulse or life :( so this is it for xperia x10 im gonna have to bury it and its probably gonna go to 7th heaven and live in peace :( R.I.P. XPERIA X10 :| haha here i comes SGS 2 :D but lancez & guys as soon as i get the SGS2 can you guys help me with flashing & the whole bit as im not used to its "INTERFACE" i probably bet it uses CWM = cyan work mode recovery :/

you wouldn't believe how easy it will be to flash SGS, LOL..... we have SGS II section here, feel free to ask :)

Guest wali01x

what if wali dosen't want an iphone? :rolleyes:

Hey guys mm with all do respect to Iphone & All "APPLE" product but i don't wanna be chewing on "APPLE" it just taste bad lol but yeah i dont for some reason can't feel apple i held it before like my friend's iphone & stuff and its just blah iphone4 had so much potential to make it 1080p + all the small bits & pieces but they left it cause they know we'll get more people to buy IPHONE 5 and we'll make more money marketing wins at the end lol..But Eveynnstar you changed your hair colour ? you had black hair right ? anyways i can't feel the vibe of iphone 4 or 5 but Samsung has it all that iphone has i believe right? dual core, 8mp + 2mp front camera 1080p recording, super speeds, amoled screen which is same like i phone with retina scan & whole bit and i bet you iphone 5 is more expensive because its "APPLE" yet others don't cost so much to the point..

edit: and by the way i know i should've introduced myself i appologize for that. My name is Ali.

Edited by wali01x

Well you want a good quality, rock solid and good customer service. The iPhone5 will give you that. It will also give you the good looking factor. rolleyes.gif

i agree part of that, but have you checked out the white SGS II?

http://www.gsmarena.com/white_samsung_galaxy_s_ii_launches_in_the_uk_today-news-3074.php

i doubt iphone5 can compete with this :rolleyes:

i want that white SGS II, damn it! can some of you european people ship me one please? :huh:

Guest Cyberman_NI

As good quality as the iPhone 4 is (apart from Antennagate). I'm sure the sheep will make the iPhone 5 another huge success but...

Android Market Share

Buyer's next new phone

Its won't be to far into 2012 when Android will have double the market share than apple, therefore more new toys.

Add in Google taking over Motorolla 2012 is looking in great shape for Android in general.

Kickin iPhone butt!!!

DISCLAIMER: Just my opinion :rolleyes: and not he opinion of Modaco :P :lol:

EDIT: Lancez no problem, I'll send you one if you really want. B)

Edited by Cyberman_NI

taking over moto is one step forward in the right direction for google, so manufacturers can continue their productions without any restrictions since moto owns over 17,000 patents. on the other hand, apple is playing a very dangerous game by suing every other cell phone manufacturer, not to mention apple is trying to bring down their largest hardware supplier, samsung. you know what? it'll eventually come back and bite "apple" in the butt.

edit: thanks cyberman