£100 free credit with the Orange Monte Carlo

Guest Jeff 66

Guest Jeff 66

There's a new offer today on the Orange Monte Carlo / ZTE Skate, if you buy it online from the Orange website.

Add the phone to your basket then select the pay as you go plan you want to use, and they'll add £100 free credit to your basket.

I don't know how the free credit thing works, sometimes they do this by giving you £10 a month rather than the whole lot at the start.

I now wish I'd waited instead of buying it when it first came out.

Guest dadashi

There's a new offer today on the Orange Monte Carlo / ZTE Skate, if you buy it online from the Orange website.

Add the phone to your basket then select the pay as you go plan you want to use, and they'll add £100 free credit to your basket.

I don't know how the free credit thing works, sometimes they do this by giving you £10 a month rather than the whole lot at the start.

I now wish I'd waited instead of buying it when it first came out.

Like you said there are lots of strings attached to the free credit....personaly I use GiffGaff, they're unbeatable....

I wonder if they'd accept the free credit in exchange for the sim unlock code...:D

Guest targetbsp

Their prices are about 3 times more than giffgaff so works out to around a £33 saving, for free, vs immediately switching to someone cheaper? Better than a kick in the teeth.

Guest garym123

well ive just phoned orange up and asked them to add the £100 credit to my phone lol,but they said you will have to go to the shop and ask them for the details there then they will pass it on to the website lol,right off to the orange shop i go hope i get it :lol:

Guest garym123

right just got back onto organge and wot you have to do is when you top up £10 every month they add the other £10 in 72 hours but its only for text and calls,so i said can i have it and he said yes course u can lol,but u got to top up £10 every month to get it and if u dont u just miss out on that £10 for that month,hope i explained it well enough :lol:

right just got back onto organge and wot you have to do is when you top up £10 every month they add the other £10 in 72 hours but its only for text and calls,so i said can i have it and he said yes course u can lol,but u got to top up £10 every month to get it and if u dont u just miss out on that £10 for that month,hope i explained it well enough :lol:

Just a con really then to make you stick with orange.

Guest dadashi

Just a con really then to make you stick with orange.

or make you feel sick of orange...

honestly why couldn't there be more real costumer serving companies like GiffGaff....

Edited by dadashi

Guest tilal6991

or make you feel sick of orange...

honestly why couldn't there be more real costumer serving companies like GiffGaff....

Because they are the exact opposite :)

Guest Sidecar_jon

My finger was poised on the "buy" button until i read that......in fact i might just not buy any new mobile in disgust now. (i wanted to swap out the sim from my SF put that in the skate and swap the news sim to the SF for my son... )

Im mightily confused by Orange, their shops seems clueless and thier web site confusing. I just want a skate, cheap as possible as a Customer (sim only) surely they can entice me in some way!

Guest dannybgoode

I was a bit upset to read about this offer when I had literally just walked through the door with my brand new San Fran. Didn't particularly want the Monte (bigger screen but no higher resolution so just a battery drain), processor speed not that important for what I need etc but thought £100 would be nice.

That said, Orange were never going to be handing out £100 top up vouchers to be slapped on ebay were they! That said this is a bit of a piss take even by their extraordinary standards (although the advert is entirely correct and accurate unfortunately) and I suppose if you were a PAYG customer this might be a reasonable way to go.

Cheers

Danny B

i am still waiting for my free £5 credit for the trouble i had with getting a replacement back cover (basically they lied to me twice).

i don't expect i will actually get it. mad.gif

Edited by tillaz