• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[Solved] Phone stuck on android boot logo after failed LG revert

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I got a new phone and decided to revert my rooted GT540 that had a 2.2 firmware installed, back to LG's default using their updater so my father can use the Gt. Unfortunately it simply stays stuck at the Android boot up screen (shows LG logo Then "Android" then stays there) and nothing I have tried seems to correct it. Any ideas would be very appreciated as to a solution.

I tried fastbooting but the LG rom attempt seems to have overwritten that, and tried using KDZ updater to flash with a 2.1 rom but just as with the official LG update it says successful but stays on the android loading screen :(

Dave

Edit: Was able to sort it through trial and error, used the key combination of Power + Camera + volume up to get into fastboot mode (the LG logo appeared first which surprised me as I thought it went into a black screen straight away).

From there I was able to run fastboot commands to install the 2.3 Swiftdroid rom :)

Edited by mistermentality

Posted

You need to use the KDZ flasher to restore it to LG Stock issue.

Go into Clockworkmod recovery and do a Factory Reset first (to remove all cache etc... and then power off the device and boot it into download mode (Volume - & Power), then flash the LG Stock using the KDZ Flasher -- It can take upto several minutes for the device to boot after. (As long as you don't go below Android 2.1, this will work)