Game app crashing my streak :( Edit-(Graphics Crashing my Streak)

Guest WakeRider89

Guest WakeRider89

I'm sure this has been an issue before with other apps but ive just recently realized that words with friends is straight up crashing my streak....

I can make a move and the ad will pop up and then a force close window and followed by an led flash and reboot. If i dont open the app my phone works flawlessly on Steve's 1.9.1

Anybody else having this problem?

Edited by WakeRider89

Guest Azurren

I'm sure this has been an issue before with other apps but ive just recently realized that words with friends is straight up crashing my streak....

I can make a move and the ad will pop up and then a force close window and followed by an led flash and reboot. If i dont open the app my phone works flawlessly on Steve's 1.9.1

Anybody else having this problem?

I've been having issues like this since updating to 1.9.1

Even after restoring 1.9.0 the crashes haven't completely disappeared :unsure:

Happens to me when playing any graphically intense game.. Angry Birds :(

Although my phone just freezes. As in case off battery out.

Try 1.9.0 or wait for fards to complete his gingerbread rom :D

Guest Azurren

hmmmm thats weird bc i can play fruit ninja and it works fine. haven't played angry birds in a while so ill see what happens with that

I takes quite a while of playing before freezing up mind ;)

Testing out fards Gingerbread atm, very impressed so far

Guest WakeRider89

oh gotcha, yeah i wanna try it out but i dont have the free time to play with a half working rom right now. i have heard many good things and fards has def helped this community in many ways already!

Guest gitf@ce

I've been using Simplestreak 1.2 (xda), since I got my phone and I have no problems with any graphic intensive games. Never had a freeze up at all in fact. I'm waiting for fards to to iron out the creases in Gingerstreak, then I'm going over to that.

Guest WakeRider89

Swapped over to simple streak yesterday and started running some tests. Nice and light little rom, as the name implies. Words with friends work extremely better but after about 5-10 mins of playing it crashed. Maps also crashed in about 2 mins. Fruit ninja was running ok with a little lag here and there.

So I'm almost positive I have a hardware issue. Any of you guys know how to check the graphics processor or the best way to pinpoint this type of issue?

Thanks for all of the advice so far, much appreciated and glad we have such a great forum community!

Guest Azurren

Quick question:

Did you wipe: Data, cache and dalvik cache in recovery AND perform a Dell factory reset in dells recovery?

Also you may want to test your internal SD (Google for the procedure, its quick, easy and safe ;))

Guest WakeRider89

I did an internal sd check a while back, but i'll run another just to double check. I haven't done any of that since flashing simple 1.2

You think not doing any of those procedures might be my problem? Although I can probly rule out the factory reset bc I performed that before steve's 1.9.1 and still had these same issues,,,,,

I did an internal sd check a while back, but i'll run another just to double check. I haven't done any of that since flashing simple 1.2

You think not doing any of those procedures might be my problem? Although I can probly rule out the factory reset bc I performed that before steve's 1.9.1 and still had these same issues,,,,,

I had the same sort of issues using 1.9.1, they continued after restoring 1.9.0 <_<

Imo the best procedure is to flash a stock recovery, then a stock rom, then a custom recovery (Streakmod) then wipe data/cache and dalvik cache (advanced). Then to perform a Dell factory reset (Found in recovery, option one before entering custom recovery)

The reason is that StreakMod / Clockworks wiping doesn't work correctly.

I'm on simple streak and its running perfectly

So try to above before accepting hardware failure. :)

Guest WakeRider89

Yeah so I just finished that procedure and the internal sd checked out with the dial in procedure. Everything was looking nice and snappy so I opened up google maps to check how fast the lock-on was and right after it locked on and loaded the surrounding area all three led's flashed and rebooted again same as before. So i'm pretty much down to saying the graphics processor is probably shot.....

I also have problems when the phone gets up around 98 degress F and rebooting as well....

My phones warranty went out in july, have you heard of anyone getting any kind of exchange with dell after expired warranty? Oh and is there a way to pinpoint whether or not its the gpu giving me problems?

The 3 lights flashing is generally a software (kernel) bug not hardware failure..

I've only ever heard of a faulty component once on an android handset and this gave very strange symptoms before rebooting and dying. (Not like you've been having)

Did you flash a stock .pkg? Did you try downloading the latest version from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Dell_Streak

Table near the bottom, try 360 and the recovery that goes with it

If you can't get that rom working as Stock then there is definitely a problem with your device, lets stay positive until then :D

Guest WakeRider89

no luck on 360 so i tried the older 353 since that one was for at&t.

Seemed like all was good on 353 so I went ahead and installed streakmod 0.3.2.8, then installed simple streak 1.2 no oc with steve's kernal update, booted up and everything was nice and snappy until I opened maps and ran it for about 30 seconds got a good lock-on within 6 meters and then the 3 light flash and reboot......

I was getting excited for a second thinking I could go back to 353 and just live in stock rom world for a while but after reflashing the recovery and update.pkg then factory option 1 reset it booted up and maps crashed in about the same 30 seconds.....

so im running out of road here. i have a question though about what the kernel should say in the about section in settings.

every install i do says 2.6.32.9-perf for the kernel version, is that right? i would assume it would change for most installs correct?

Edited by WakeRider89

Guest WakeRider89

Ok tried removing sd card, restarted, and maps froze practically instantly....

No lights this time just freeze and then restarted on its own after a few seconds....

Yeah so im pretty sure its fried, maybe i can get a refurbished one from dell for a decent price

Guest WakeRider89

new information has arisen!!!

after playing with some hardware testing apps i realized the gps test was crashing my phone so i disabled the gps and everything has been working perfectly since!!!

maps, games, everything works so long as i dont turn the gps feature on.

is this a baseband issue???