Newbie here, need help with rooting

Guest Navie

Today I bought a new phone called 'Monte Carlo'

My previous phone was a 'San Francisco', I used a guide on here to root the SF, however...I am unsure how to root the 'Monte Carlo'.

Is it worth it rooting my new phone?

The only reason I want to root is because I want to remove the default 'Orange' apps and services because my phone is slow and laggy, at this moment in time...its slower than the 'San Francisco'

Many thanks.

I forgot to mention...if there is a guide to rooting my new phone please can someone provide a link to a really simple guide, thanks.

P.S. my android version is 2.3.4

hey, only way you can remove the orange bloat is by ether installing clockwork recovery & flashing custom rom, or you can root & and use anttek app manager its free the from market.

pauls guid to rooting is pinned on this forum at the top.

Edited by tillaz

Check the pinned thread at the top of the forum which says "Superboot"

Ok thanks, do you recommend I do this if I am not used to rooting? Any advice is welcome because I don't want to destroy my phone, thank you.

hey, only way you can remove the orange bloat is by ether installing clockwork recovery & flashing custom rom, or you can root & and use anttek app manager its free the from market.

pauls guid to rooting is pinned on this forum at the top.

May I ask which is safer? Installing clockwork recovery & flashing custom rom OR rooting and using anttek app manager as you have mentioned.

This is going to sound really stupid but...is there a guide to tell me when to connect my data cable etc, something like a step by step guide?

Guest tilal6991

May I ask which is safer? Installing clockwork recovery & flashing custom rom OR rooting and using anttek app manager as you have mentioned.

This is going to sound really stupid but...is there a guide to tell me when to connect my data cable etc, something like a step by step guide?

It's up to you really - a custom ROM will optimize performance as well as remove orange bloat.

I'll post a step by step guide later :)

It's up to you really - a custom ROM will optimize performance as well as remove orange bloat.

I'll post a step by step guide later :)

Okay...I will wait for your step by step guide, thanks very much for your help.

http://android.modac...-the-zte-skate/ this is the link to pauls tutorial on rooting.

i would allso install clockwork recovery as it can be very handy, both are safe & have no reports of bricked phones..

search the fourm for removing orange apps i explain in the thread how to use the anttek app manager.

I'll check it out and will try and use the recovery method as it sounds better overall, if I have problems I will reply back here, thanks.

http://android.modac...-the-zte-skate/ this is the link to pauls tutorial on rooting.

i would allso install clockwork recovery as it can be very handy, both are safe & have no reports of bricked phones..

i think flashing custom rom may be safest way & faster.

One more question...can you please point me to the correct link/guide for flashing a custom rom using the clockwork recovery, that's the last question...I promise, for now :P

Thanks, i'll probably be back to bother you again soon I bet :P

I knew I would be back, I have used the search filter to seach for the latest Blue ginger rom version, I guess V5 is the latest?...do you have a link please?

copy you custom rom to your phones sd card it should be a .zip

boot into clockwork recovery by powering you phone on and when the green android man shows up press and hold the volume down button untill small vibration then release, it should now boot in recovery.

volume buttons = up & down movements.

home button = select/ok

back button = go back

select wipe data/factory reset

press yes

select wipe cache partion

press yes

now select install .zip from sdcard

choose .zip from sdcard

navigate to you custom rom

select it and press yes

wait for it to install.........

select reboot system now. wink.gif

Edited by tillaz

copy you custom rom to your phones sd card it should be a .zip

boot into clockwork recovery by powering you phone on and when the green android man shows up press and hold the volume down button untill small vibration then release, it should now boot in recovery.

volume buttons = up & down movements.

home button = select/ok

back button = go back

select wipe data/factory reset

press yes

select wipe cache partion

press yes

now select install .zip from sdcard

choose .zip from sdcard

navigate to you custom rom

select it and press yes

wait for it to install.........

select reboot system now. wink.gif

That's excellent, thans for helping me out, much appreciated :)

I can't boot in to recovery, it comes up with a with box in middles of screen with letter FTM

this means you have not successfully installed clockworkmod recovery go over the guid again smile.gif

guid http://android.modaco.com/topic/344820-09-aug-clockworkmod-recovery-4014-unofficial-modaco-edition-for-the-zte-skate/

Edited by tillaz

just follow the links explains it all, let me know if you have any trouble

I have my USB cable connected via laptop and phone, both are connected, USB debugging mode enabled, however...when I double click 'install-recovery-windows.bat', the window says < waiting for device >

I have my USB cable connected via laptop and phone, both are connected, USB debugging mode enabled, however...when I double click 'install-recovery-windows.bat', the window says < waiting for device >

have you installed the drivers that pop up when plugg the phone in to laptop for the first time ?

are you running windows vista / XP ?

have you installed the drivers that pop up when plugg the phone in to laptop for the first time ?

are you running windows vista / XP ?

Yeah...I have installed the drivers, I am running windows 7, if it helps...I have AVG 9.0 free version running along with Spybot Search & destroy.