Trying to Port ROM

Guest Ri2do

Guest SourceCode

yup, because is based from wb, so basically you can use custom kernel for stock gb (doom kernel or freekernel)

Well done :) Might be a good idea starting a new thread for this ROM :)

A small glitch - just before the screen turns off the brightness goes full. No biggie, just thought will bring it to your attention. This was a known issue in Trip's earlier releases, which he then fixed.

Also hoping the 3G/Data disconnect issue has disappeared :)

Thank again mate.

Guest jazen_f

Man, I'm loving this version of 1.9.2. It very fast and so smooth. I feel like I have a brand new phone :-)

I haven't found any problems as yet, and I don't think I will. Is there a way to get the stock camera from SE and have it ported into this Rom ?

Guest BigD18t

Man, I'm loving this version of 1.9.2. It very fast and so smooth. I feel like I have a brand new phone :-)

I haven't found any problems as yet, and I don't think I will. Is there a way to get the stock camera from SE and have it ported into this Rom ?

how is the Data problem ? does it still disconnect like in trips roms or does it stay on all the time.

Hi guys no offence but I would be really grateful if you could make a separate threat about your port mate.

I would like to stick to discussing porting and ways to go about it on the threat.

Cheers

Edited by Ri2do

Guest mickymauz

Hi guys no offence but I would be really grateful if you could make a separate threat about your port mate.

I would like to stick to discussing porting and ways to go about it on the threat.

Cheers

I hope no one minds but I created a new thread for this awsome rom:

Guest yournameshouldbehere

If someone can get the files that need porting up I'd be happy to attempt a port of MIUI too, I'm just not too sure what needs doing as I'm not that good with the files etc etc :))

Guest erenz1202

hi Ri2do, i give u some hint

when the next update from miui release (download miui for n1), u can used my rom as a based system

also visit miui china and download the ota update to see what file that has to be update the system.

just open my zip file using 7zip, delete the app folder from my zip file and then drag n drop app and framework folder from n1 to my zip file

it will boot to the system and give some bug (sometimes boot stuck, light sensor, etc)

to fix the boot problem you should editing services.jar (it's only be done by trial n error), light problem is editing services.jar and framework-res.apk use this link as reference to editing the file

another bug, just read the logcat to find the bug and solve the problem

i hope this will help you to build your rom

br,

erenz

hi Ri2do, i give u some hint

when the next update from miui release (download miui for n1), u can used my rom as a based system

also visit miui china and download the ota update to see what file that has to be update the system.

just open my zip file using 7zip, delete the app folder from my zip file and then drag n drop app and framework folder from n1 to my zip file

it will boot to the system and give some bug (sometimes boot stuck, light sensor, etc)

to fix the boot problem you should editing services.jar (it's only be done by trial n error), light problem is editing services.jar and framework-res.apk use this link as reference to editing the file

another bug, just read the logcat to find the bug and solve the problem

i hope this will help you to build your rom

br,

erenz

Thanks a lot mate, I will give it a go.

Tried my zip, but i dont even want to start flashing ;] so I'm did many things wrong there, but will give it another shot.

Cheers

H All,

I've been reading about porting roms in general and I cam across some interesting websites which you may want to have a look at:

Firstly is the dsixda kitchen for android:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633246 - I can not make it work though, so If you would managed to run it on windows vista I would be grateful for a walk though.

Then I found this one with many subjects included:

http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=Android_FAQ

There are also the obvious choices:

https://github.com/

http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/projects/projects-eclipse.html

Even though I've been reading about it, I did not gone any further, and I can not find a simple guide to all this, so if you gone though any of this and some good tips I would appreciate that.

Thanks Again

Have you seen this yet? it might be helpful

http://android.modac...w-to-port-miui/

Obviously, that was my staring point.

Unfortunately the instructions are not clear enough and there are some details missing from it. if you try to follow it to the letter you will see that there are some files missing, and there is no explanation if you have to create then or get them from source websites. Also, there is no description of the Kitchen he used, nor processes he made in there.

I wish it would be that simple, but after almost 2 weeks I still didn't come any closer to porting a rom myself, or even get a working kitchen on my PC :/

I see a long and twisted road in front of me before I will get to the finish product.

But thanks anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest glim9981

Obviously, that was my staring point.

Unfortunately the instructions are not clear enough and there are some details missing from it. if you try to follow it to the letter you will see that there are some files missing, and there is no explanation if you have to create then or get them from source websites. Also, there is no description of the Kitchen he used, nor processes he made in there.

I wish it would be that simple, but after almost 2 weeks I still didn't come any closer to porting a rom myself, or even get a working kitchen on my PC :/

I see a long and twisted road in front of me before I will get to the finish product.

But thanks anyway.

I been porting N1 MIUI1.9.23 to x10i...i used erenz miui rom as base...tweaks from SkuMIUI..

It is my own testing ROM...kind of mixed from Erenz and SkuMIUI...Thanks guys...

Guest Frankish

I been porting N1 MIUI1.9.23 to x10i...i used erenz miui rom as base...tweaks from SkuMIUI..

It is my own testing ROM...kind of mixed from Erenz and SkuMIUI...Thanks guys...

Can you please post or pm me your port to have a look at? Thanks.

Guest Blaven

I'm trying to do the same, deleted the app folder from erenz and pasted and overwrited the app and framework folder from 1.9.23.

The problem is, it gets stuck at boot.

Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

~Blaven

Guest mt2jjj

I'm trying to do the same, deleted the app folder from erenz and pasted and overwrited the app and framework folder from 1.9.23.

~Blaven

have same situation, i think that problem is with scripts

Guest glim9981

~Blaven

I did not deleted the app and frameworks...i think u try not to delete all the framework files.

Just delete bin,xbin,replace all the files in etc based on the rddnnar miui guides...

I had port MIUI1.9.30...using the same method...