Samsung Galaxy Note

Guest trhildebrand96

Guest trhildebrand96

I came across this beast of a phone a few days ago and will dump my Streak when it comes out. I love the community that has developed around our phablet, but I have given up hope of any official support past 2.3. This thing has everything; bigger and better screen, battery, processor, more RAM, better GPU, and even a pressure sensitive stylus. More info here: http://www.engadget....oled-display-s/

Specs:

5.3 inch HD Super AMOLED screen at 1280x800

Cameras: 2.0 MP FFC, 8.0 MP Rear Camera

Dual Core 1.4 GHz processor

Weight: 178 grams (6.3 oz)

"S-Pen" stylus with Pressure Sensitive Digitizer and capacitive touch.

Android 2.3

HSPA+ and LTE

UK Release in Early 2012

Pics:

<!--url{1}-->

<!--url{2}-->

Guest trhildebrand96

Very very possible ;)

For me it depends on the price.. Samsung+massive screen, specs and size = Mega price tag!

True facts, but they say they are getting deals with other carriers. Subsidies FTW! Though I am not sure it will come to the US... :(

Guest nystreak

True facts, but they say they are getting deals with other carriers. Subsidies FTW! Though I am not sure it will come to the US... :(

It better come to the U.S. I dont think Dell is going to makethe Opus One

Guest Azurren

Don't worry.. I'm sure apple will find some way that the note infringes on its patents / copyrights / IPs

Apple: The screen is over 5". Customers may get confused between this and the iPhone 5

Bethesda logic :unsure:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/715170/bethesda-threatens-notch-over-scrolls-name/

Pretty sure I heard somewhere that is wasn't coming to the states.. But if everything's bigger in Texas it just has to :P

as long as its built better than samsungs other phones then I will.

although I can't see me affording one sim free, and I doubt o2 will carry anything that size after failing so badly to promote the streak

hopefully dj_steve sort out the problem with audio controller and we get an CM7 for our beloved streak. then icecream may be come in range.

note is greaat but with 800euro tooooooo expensive.

so have to stay with streak, but anyway, i am satisfied with it. emails dont get faster with dual core, also amoled display is nice but can live without

• 1 month later...
Guest Dave Weinstein

hopefully dj_steve sort out the problem with audio controller and we get an CM7 for our beloved streak. then icecream may be come in range.

How long do you actually think there will be active development for the Streak now that it's been EOL by Dell? I think it's unlikely that we'll see Icecream Sandwich ported to the Streak.

Maybe if the Note DIDN'T exist, development would continue, but with new devices coming out like the Note, Nexus Prime, Galaxy S HD, and others, I suspect the developer interest in the Streak will drop off pretty fast once the Note ships, doubly so once Samsung releases the source code for these device. ;-)

Guest nystreak

How long do you actually think there will be active development for the Streak now that it's been EOL by Dell? I think it's unlikely that we'll see Icecream Sandwich ported to the Streak.

Maybe if the Note DIDN'T exist, development would continue, but with new devices coming out like the Note, Nexus Prime, Galaxy S HD, and others, I suspect the developer interest in the Streak will drop off pretty fast once the Note ships, doubly so once Samsung releases the source code for these device. ;-)

I agree. I love my streak but the SG Note has everything we were looking for the streak to evolve into. It did pass through the FCC on ATT bands so hopefully that means it will be coming to the US in early 2012. Just in time for my upgrade thankfully cuz I think its going to be very expensive ($900 US) off contract.