[ROM][GEN-2] Complete Android Experience 2.3.4

Guest Sami Beck

Alarm not working is actually very serious problem. Using apps from Market is not a good solution - all that i can find won't survive and autorestart if android is temporary out of memory, which makes them highly unreliable. I cannot beleive alarm clock developers can be so stupid - obviously if apps like Skype, XT9, etc have the ability to autorestart it is quite possible.

So generally, a very good rom, actually the best Gingerbread rom. Sadly, i need a reliable alarm clock and will probably go back to SS RLS5.

Guest kgfilipov

I found a bug. When I turn on my 3G and GPS for the first time, after switching the phone on, everything's OK, but when I turn them off, and then try to turn them on again they both don't work. Can anyone help me pls?

Edited by kgfilipov

Guest Knallvogel

I am using this rom (1.2) for maybe a week now and it runs really smooth and stable so I'm quite pleased with it! The only major downside is:

Wifi or/and 3G on it drains battery like hell - about 1% per minute! Plus with wifi/3G on it very warm on top of the back of the phone!

Anyone else experiencing this? Any solution?

Got a Orange SanFran from the UK with originally Gen1 on it (now using Gen2).

Thanks for help!

Guest supermies123

Using 1.2 version with Full wipe. Only problem for me is sometimes after night phone has shut itself down even though there is battery still left..

Besides that, a great ROM =)

Guest zombimuncha

is CAE 1.3 gonna brick my gen1 OSF?

do i need to flash it to gen2 first?

the first post now says gen1 is supported, but the file download still calls itself ...gen2, and I've not seen any further comments one way or the other.

I'm being cautious....

Performance and battery use are fine on my Blade, no battery drain here. Wifi seems to be connected also during standby even though the sleep policy is set to turn wifi off when screen is off. Alarms are also working.

Only problem is that Spare Parts > Battery History crashes every time.

Guest survietamine

In the goodies thread you can find an addon from solidchips to flash dialer+ contacts+ messages from CM7. It works great on this rom. I suggest also Dialer2 from market to have predictive dialer on it.

hello, thank you so much.

I also come from CM7 nightly but I tested this ROM to see if it is more stable and reliable.

And it is, but I prefer much CM7 dialer and contacts.

I tried to replace files (Phone.apk and Contacts.apk) from CM7-nightly with Root Explorer and then changed owner/permissions.

But it didn't worked, I lost the Phone app (even with Dalvik wipe) and experienced so much force closes.

I'll try the zip from MoDaCo goodies.

Edited by survietamine

Guest survietamine

hello, anyone knows how to get OpenVPN in the network/vpn settings like in CM7 please ?

I had a zip but it didn't add settings on this ROM.

Thanks for your help.

I have to say CAE 1.1 was the best ROM for me. Admittedly I didnt try 1.3 (I was put off by some of the comments above). But 1.1 was better for battery and performance than 1.2 for me. For now I've gone back to that version.

Guest apuk2004

CAE 1.2 Bugs

1) XT9 input force closes everytime - the workaround is to long press input method and select a different keyboard. can i fix or uninstall the XT9 option?

2) Spare Parts force closes when clicking on "Battery History" - workaround installed Spare Parts plus

*NEW* 3) Bluetooth Audio issue. I have a Motorola S9 stereo headset and when trying to listen to music over bluetooth the sound keeps cutting out. can anyone else confirm this? also happens with the motorola HT820 stereo headset

Will upgrading to CAE 1.3 fix these issues? Thanks

Edited by apuk2004

*NEW* 3) Bluetooth Audio issue. I have a Motorola S9 stereo headset and when trying to listen to music over bluetooth the sound keeps cutting out. can anyone else confirm this? also happens with the motorola HT820 stereo headset

Will upgrading to CAE 1.3 fix these issues? Thanks

I've had this cutting out this on my stock ROM, and JJ. I had to turn off WiFi and it was fine. Maybe try that?

Guest Bloodyme

Hi.

I´m using this Rom for about 2 weeks (v1.2) and I'v noticed that the GPS works fine the first time after I turn on (or reboot) my SF. If I turn the GPS off, I can´t turn it on again. In "Status Bar" is ON but the the GPS icon doesn´t apear. I´ve even trie on Engeniering menu (*983*0#) to search for satellites and it counts "0". If I reboot my SF, the GPS will work fine, and it apears, at least 9 or 10 satellites in the same place I've tried before.

Did anybody else experienced this issue?

Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...