• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Help with booting fail

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a problem with my U8800.

After rooting it with Superboot, the phone wouldn't turn on WiFi. It got stuck on the "Turning on WiFi..."

Therefore, I tried replacing the Superboot file with the original boot.img (I have a backup of the "image" folder from the phone), hoping that would un-root the phone.

It made the phone get stuck and reboot in the middle of booting up Android. I realized it wasn't working, and so I put the Superboot file in the image folder, hoping it would boot the phone. It didn't.

Then, I tried replacing the contents of the image folder with my backup of that exact, clean, folder. Nothing. Then I tried with the Superboot file again. Still nothing.

So, what should I do to make the phone boot?

It doesn't matter if it has to be completely reset, I don't have that much important stuff on it.

Thanks in advance, the32bitssmile.gif

Posted (edited)

Since you have already rooted it, i suggest you try to get clockworkmod recovery and install a custom ROM. You can find the recovery here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1229326. Two good Android 2.2 ROMs: FLB r7 or Void eridanus. Remember to wipe!

Thanks, I'll try thatsmile.gifbiggrin.gif

EDIT:

It appears that I need to flash the ClockWorkMod recovery. Without turning on my phone, that is very hard. Help please? I just need a way to access the internal SD-card.

Edited by the32bits

Posted (edited)

To get CWM you need to enter the pink screen ( volume up,down and power at the same time) and change the recovery file there. The boot in recovery ( volume up and power) then go to mounts and storage, and at the bottom is "mount usb storage" I think that would work.

Edit. Do what NeostarNeko told you :P or if that dont work, buy a sd card ;)

Edited by skifyr123

Posted

Since CWM won't boot, what is the procedure for booting the phone with the external SD card? I might buy one tomorrow if it should work.

Posted

Since CWM won't boot, what is the procedure for booting the phone with the external SD card? I might buy one tomorrow if it should work.

Have you tried to format cache/system/data yet?

Posted

It is working now with the FLB ROM! Thank you so much for the help!smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Posted

Glad you got it working :)