• Announcements

• PaulOBrien

Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance) CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission) ROMs must give full credit to the original author ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • PaulOBrien

Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reesters

Space Invaders Returns!

11 posts in this topic

post-913934-0-85179700-1315396969_thumb.post-913934-0-23860000-1315396938_thumb.post-913934-0-50396200-1315396954_thumb.

Most gamers had a full time obsession with the MASSIVE title Space Invaders back in the day... Everyone on the planet has just about heard about the game from 1978 and now Taito have realised how much of a platform Android is for gaming and have released TODAY Space Invaders Infinity.

The game starts off how the original did... massive pixalated space shooter with enough charm to make a kitten weep but in this 2011 re-make the game progresses into the 21st century the more you play. Eventually it becomes a space shooter our gamer children will be proud to play.

Link to Space Invaders Infinity on Android Market

Here is a trailer from Taito for you and as soon as I can put it down I will pop up a review!

This post has been promoted to an article

Not compatible with any of my devices. Fail :(

Looks cool, but a bit "expensive" :)

Just compiling a list of what it does and does not run on... I am going to get in touch with Taito and see if they are going to update to run on more devices and get back to you....

Ditto - £4.84 seems steep, and not running on a Tegra2 device?

Not compatible with any of my devices. Fail :(

It does seem a but strange guys but sometimes games upon release have not been optimised to their full potential. Like I said, let me investigate and get in touch with developers and publishers and see if there is to be an update of some kind... (saying that it was only updated 2 days ago)

Feck!

I really wanted this game, so I bought it via the market site

I didn't check the devices and appart from my lg 2x and asus (that are not supported) I apparently have some dummy device 'phone' which claims it is supported

So now I bought the game but can't install it. I doubt that it can't run on the O2X it's probably just some check because it's not tested yet.

Is there a way to directly download from the market or spoof my device?

Feck!

I really wanted this game, so I bought it via the market site

I didn't check the devices and appart from my lg 2x and asus (that are not supported) I apparently have some dummy device 'phone' which claims it is supported

So now I bought the game but can't install it. I doubt that it can't run on the O2X it's probably just some check because it's not tested yet.

Is there a way to directly download from the market or spoof my device?

The best way to check before you buy is to sign in to Android Market on your computer with your gmail account... that way the market already knows what devices you currently run and the game will 'tell you' whether you are able to run it. If not, it simply will not let you download it.

Re: emulator etc... the game has not been around for long enough but then you could get versions of it on PS / NES emulators... (it will not be Infinity) hth

The best way to check before you buy is to sign in to Android Market on your computer with your gmail account... that way the market already knows what devices you currently run and the game will 'tell you' whether you are able to run it. If not, it simply will not let you download it.

Re: emulator etc... the game has not been around for long enough but then you could get versions of it on PS / NES emulators... (it will not be Infinity) hth

In some lucky twist of fate I got a mail this morning that the purchase failed so it's not a problem anymore and I have hidden the fake device to avoid this issue in the future