[Guide] How to install a custom ROM & Partition your SD & Root

Guest k0zmic

Guest billtc

How to install a Custom ROM

6.) Activate USB debugging on your phone.(How to)

7.) Plug your phone to your computer with your USB cable

8.) Download Recovery 3.0: http://vache-android....php?fileID=125

9.) Unzip the "RecoveryMT-3.0" folder from the zip file

10.) Launch "install_recovery.cmd"

How to Root Non-Rooted ROM's

1.) Follow steps 6-10 of 'How to install a custom ROM above. Note: If your PC doesn't recognize the phone then you may need to install Acer Sync.

2.) Download this and copy it onto your SDCard.

3.) Now turn off the phone and boot into recovery mode Volume Up + Focus + Power (For ClockworkMod).

Down + Focus (Press Camera button Gently) + Power for AmonRA.

4. Choose 'install .zip from SD Card' and find the Superuser.zip install and reboot.

Trying to follow this guide to root my stock LiquidMT (android version 2.3.; Build Number: Acer_LiquidMT4.000.07_EMEA_GEN1; Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-perf). Happy-ish with stock Gingerbread but getting fed up with lack of space so would like to root so I can use Link2SD.

The only problem is I can't complete step 8 (Download Recover 3.0) as Vache's site is gone (perm offline). Is there any other method I can use? I just need to root. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi guys!

i have some problems with my LiquidMT, I installed Gingerounay+Technolover kernel (tried both 1.3a & 1.5) without ad2sdx... it works, but after some seconds it seems freezed and reboot automatically... unusable!

furthermore i can't install gingerounay or any other rom without Technolover kernel (also MIUI 2.4.6 has the same issue)

• 1 year later...
Guest ecaulfie

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and incredibly new at this whole custom ROM business, but I think I have a pretty good idea of what I need to do. My problem now is that almost every website links to vache's website, which seems to be down  :( Does anybody have any fresh links to the most recent files I would need (latest gingerbread, custom recovery, and custom rom)? I currently have custom recovery 2.2 and Gingerbread 2.3.6 installed and so was trying to install Gingeroonay 3.0.1 but when I did it told me I was missined /system/lib/libdsprofile.so. Any tips would be most welcome :)

E