Bluetooth won't connect

Guest Christian Edwards

Guest Christian Edwards

My OMC used to work fine in the car with a Parrot Bluetooth kit but more recenlty has stopped connecting. :(

I've tried re-pairing but the process times out, and puts up a cannot connect error but then oddly a few seconds later the PIN entry window pops up but nothing happens if I put the PIN in.

The phone then continues to behave badly after that, the power toggles shows Bluetooth off when it still stuck on and when I type the XT9 dictionary picks up the word but nothing appears in the text box and it takes at least 2 reboots to stop this.

I'm using the Modaco Custom ROM and bluetooth has worked with this ROM before, I first noticed the problem after installing Blue Ginger but then going back to a CWM backup of the Modaco ROM, So I tried a full wipe and install of the ROM again but the problem remains.

Any suggestions? Is it likely to be hardware issue? It seems to me the phone is too busy to handle the pairing but not sure what to so about stopping that so any suggestions will be gratefully recieved.

Guest Christian Edwards

Try blueginger and see if it works there.

Yeah, Bluetooth is working fine in blueginger but I can't manage without Exchange syncing or be bothered with the White on White menus either!

Guest Christian Edwards

Weirdly Bluetooth is working again, even after going back to a CWM backup of a previously not working Modaco based Rom, but after lots of other strange behaviour I, wiped the whole thing including system & boot partitions, and started again with Seb404's de-branded ROM.

Guest Christian Edwards

I may have been premature, still having issues caused by bluetooth although the phone does connect, it's is badly behaved whilst connected. Calls are received ok but I dial out using the handsfree kit nothing happens.

If I try calling on the phone nothing happens, then 35 minutes later it makes the call.

I also find I can't type or switch wifi on once it been connected.

I have resolved these issues by re-installing the stock ROM (and a SD wipe just in case) but I'm totally confused how these problems transfer between ROMs even after the 3 wipes and a system format.