Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adam:)

Best rom for s2?

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys, so yeh, ive decided im gonna out a custom rom on my s2 just basically wondering wat rom u indivually think is best and why?

Thanks in advance,

adam:)

As soon as I got this phone home I rooted & installed Modaco Custom Rom.

After a while I tried a few of the ones from XDA including MIUI & VillianRom & a few others I can't remember, however after a about 10 mins or so I always restore my MCR backup.

Strange really as I always preferred the vanilla experience & never liked the look of the touchwiz UI before. Maybe once this phone has been put a bit longer & has more ROMs then I will try again, but for now it's MCR all the way for me.

As soon as I got this phone home I rooted & installed Modaco Custom Rom.

After a while I tried a few of the ones from XDA including MIUI & VillianRom & a few others I can't remember, however after a about 10 mins or so I always restore my MCR backup.

Strange really as I always preferred the vanilla experience & never liked the look of the touchwiz UI before. Maybe once this phone has been put a bit longer & has more ROMs then I will try again, but for now it's MCR all the way for me.

right, and i wuld install MCR throught CWM right?

and also, hav u tried litening rom?

thanks for ur help :)

I have taken the Cyanogenmod7 path, and have never looked back.... its fast, clean, has all the features I need, and is generally awesome...and since its not 1 cook, but a whole generation of developers, I am not afraid it will dry when the "cook upgrades his phone"

CM7 rom are it!!!

post-489446-0-54926300-1315716506_thumb.png

barbarony

post-489446-0-54926300-1315716506_thumb.

I have taken the Cyanogenmod7 path, and have never looked back.... its fast, clean, has all the features I need, and is generally awesome...and since its not 1 cook, but a whole generation of developers, I am not afraid it will dry when the "cook upgrades his phone"

CM7 rom are it!!!

barbarony

wow, wat launcher r u using there? Adw?

how did u get the different icons? :o

right, and i wuld install MCR throught CWM right?

and also, hav u tried litening rom?

thanks for ur help :)

Yep, just through CWM.

I tired loads of roms, I can't even remember the names, I think one which was based on litening, not sure which though

wow, wat launcher r u using there? Adw?

how did u get the different icons? :o

[/quote

go launcher ex..... allows you to easliy change icons to anything you want.... downloaded a bunch of icons I like, and there you go....

with GL-EX you just long click an icon, and yu can change it to anything you download to your phone (and place anywhere...)

Edited by barbarony62

don't like the calendar program with cyanogen rom. Samsung has some good Apps like a specialize camera. That's why I like modacocustomrom

I am currently on Cognition 1.5.1, works like a charm. Ive tested alot of ROMs, and my favorite is Oxygen (get it at forum.oxygen.im), clean AOSP build. Only problem for me is no video out, so i am waiting for that to be supported, definately going back.

With my desire i always went back and forth between AOSP MCR and Oxygen, both are great ROMs :)

CM7 rom are it!!!

barbarony

How do i install Cynogen mod, via CWM? it crashes on the boot.

How do i install Cynogen mod, via CWM? it crashes on the boot.

copied from XDA: go to the sgsII forum on "forum dot xda-developers dot com" (replace "dot" with ".")

Easy way:

• Start with a rooted device (do not ask us how to do this).
  • Install ROMManager Premium.
  • Flash ClockworkMod Recovery. Pick Samsung Galaxy S2.
  • Make sure you can reboot into ClockworkMod recovery from ROMManager. Reboot and get back into ROMManager Premium.
  • Choose download ROMs.
  • Pick the CyanogenMod Nightlies.
  • Check the Google Apps addon.
  • Check Backup current ROM!
  • Check wipe data, cache, dalvik cache. (We're not kidding! Wipe)
  • Let ROMManager finish the installation.
    Harder way:
    • Make sure you're running a rooted device.
    • Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery
    • Do a Nandroid backup!
    • WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition) - do it for real.
    • Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    • Optionally install the Google Addon (through ROMManager is easiest)

has anyone tried alienware rom?

looks quitte cool :)

thanks

Looked at Alienware briefly but didn't like the look of it when I flashed it.

I've been running SensatioN 1.6 since pretty much 5 mins after rooting and I really like it. Other ROM I did like is LeoMar75 Revolution as very customisable but I found it slightly slower & more battery drain.

Villanrom? Thoughts?