[ROM] ViewCOMB 3.2 Build 3

Guest legionar

Guest legionar

ViewCOMB-3.2-Build-3-Home-Screen.jpg

Good day to everyone! :)

ViewCOMB 3.2 is based on VegaComb 3.2.

Thanks to Newbe5, Rebel1, Ejtagle, Corvus, Cass67 and all developers.

Changes in ViewCOMB 3.2 Build 3

• App Launcher with 5 rows
  • Added Shuttle Tools app
  • Added Drive Mount app
  • Added Draw app
  • Added Movie Studio app
  • Added eFile app (better file manager)
  • File Manager has been removed
  • Google Books has been removed
  • Updated camera libraries
  • Working USB Host
  • Disabled device suspend when the tablet is connected to an active USB connection
  • Splash screen has been changed
  • Boot animation has been changed
  • Default wallpaper has been changed
  • Added more wallpapers
  • System partition size: 155MB

Download:

Installation

First install USB driver for ViewPad 10s. Download driver: ViewPad 10s USB driver

Step-by-step instructions for driver installation: PDF

Open PDF file, go to the page 4, follow instructions from step 1. to step 8. Close PDF when you done step 8.

If you are sure you installed driver correctly, download file ViewCOMB 3.2 Build 3 and double click on it.

Wait few minutes to finish installation process, then turn on your tablet.

That's it! Very simple and easy.

Enjoy! :)

More screenshots: here.

--------------------------------------------------

Previous versions:

Edited by flibblesan
removed download <see explanation below>

OK, so since the person who "made" this didn't deem it necessary to actually post a changelog of any kind. Here is what is different in this ROM from VegaComb 8.1:

1) The VegaComb "Free Software" message on boot has been removed.

2) The YouTube Tablet app has been changed (unsure of reason for replacement).

3) Boot animation has been changed.

4) Default Wallpaper has been changed.

5) Some language support has been REMOVED.

6) ROM has been renamed in build.prop.

7) System partition size has been increased to 160mb.

This is just VegaComb 3.2 build 8.1. There is nothing new here whatsoever, this is not "Optimized" for the Viewpad in any way (other than maybe the YouTube app having a change?).

Make your own mind up if these 7 changes warranted creating a whole ROM.

newbe5

To avoid any confusion it would be helpful if OP confirms that this is based on newbe5 and teams (excellent) work. People may think this is a completely different ROM rather than tweaks to an existing ROM (which has had lots of effort put in by the original team).

OK, so since the person who "made" this didn't deem it necessary to actually post a changelog of any kind. Here is what is different in this ROM from VegaComb 8.1:

1) The VegaComb "Free Software" message on boot has been removed.

2) The YouTube Tablet app has been changed (unsure of reason for replacement).

3) Boot animation has been changed.

4) Default Wallpaper has been changed.

5) Some language support has been REMOVED.

6) ROM has been renamed in build.prop.

7) System partition size has been increased to 160mb.

This is just VegaComb 3.2 build 8.1. There is nothing new here whatsoever, this is not "Optimized" for the Viewpad in any way (other than maybe the YouTube app having a change?).

Make your own mind up if these 7 changes warranted creating a whole ROM.

newbe5

no newbe5, this is not a new ROM. It looks like somebody has taken the work that you and the other developers have done and tried to claim some of the glory.

Changing the ROM to suit your own needs is 1 thing, to claim it is a new ROM is something else, something that in my opinion is wrong. To change the ROM and remove the free software warning oversteps the mark, makes the person only slightly better than those who are selling the pad with Vegacomb and charging a premium. The only thing in this persons favour is the fact that they are not charging for it.

I myself do not like the free software warning as it is, I think that it is a bit garish. I could actually remove it myself. But I accept that because of all the hard work that yourself and all the others have put into this ROM that out of respect and to give you due credit that it stays

Removed the download link from the thread as this is quite clearly just VegaComb under a new name. I will keep this thread open to allow the poster to explain themselves if they wish to.

643d1315851329-%5Brom%5D-viewcomb-3-2-build-1-viewcomb32-desktop.jpg

Good day to everyone! :)

Here is new custom ROM called ViewCOMB 3.2 Build 1.

Download: [ROM] ViewCOMB 3.2 Build 1

It’s based on VegaComb 3.2 Build 8.1 with few little changes:

Splash screen has been changed

Boot animation has been changed

Default wallpaper has been changed

System partition size: 152MB

Thanks to Newbe5, Corvus and all developers.

Installation

First install USB driver for ViewPad 10s. Download driver: ViewPad 10s USB driver

Step-by-step instructions for driver installation: PDF

Open PDF file, go to the page 4, follow instructions from step 1. to step 8. Close PDF when you done step 8.

If you are sure you installed driver correctly, download file ViewCOMB 3.2 Build 1 and double click on it.

Wait few minutes to finish installation process, then turn on your tablet.

That's it! Very simple and easy.

Enjoy! :)

Boot animation preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x1bJoGEOm8

More screenshots and video on developer's site.

not cool dude, not cool

bit disrespectful for everything newbe and the team have done :L

no newbe5, this is not a new ROM. It looks like somebody has taken the work that you and the other developers have done and tried to claim some of the glory.

Changing the ROM to suit your own needs is 1 thing, to claim it is a new ROM is something else, something that in my opinion is wrong. To change the ROM and remove the free software warning oversteps the mark, makes the person only slightly better than those who are selling the pad with Vegacomb and charging a premium. The only thing in this persons favour is the fact that they are not charging for it.

I myself do not like the free software warning as it is, I think that it is a bit garish. I could actually remove it myself. But I accept that because of all the hard work that yourself and all the others have put into this ROM that out of respect and to give you due credit that it stays

Sadly this was always going to happen. If i'd enough time and the technical know how, i may have done it myself (although i think changing the ROM name without prior permission is a bit cheeky).

The splash screen really is terrible, and the biggest annoyance in what is an excellent piece of software. I'll be attempting removal of that at some point when i have the time, but everything else will stay exactly "as is".

I guess the guy does give credit to Newbe5 et al, but if this was IOS re-badged as PearOS, the lawyers would be involved pretty quick smart.......

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi

Well this is one iteration of VC 8.1 which my Vega will be boycotting. This is not the way to behave it is not a new Rom, just 3.2 Bld 8.1 with

Cosmetic changes from what is listed. Shame on the OP ripping off other dedicated devs work. OK if for own use but to post as new rom

is going too far. Links should be removed from forum.

Stransky

Guest BTatHome

The splash screen really has never bothered me (only see it twice a week anyway) .... I switch on my tablet and then look back after a minute when its ready.....can;t believe anyone would bother to remove it unless they are doing it to try and con someone. Its not like its actually improving the boot time or anything useful.

Guest CoWPlagued

When I first looked at this rom it gave the impression that it was based on the vegacomb kernel, where as it is infact not "based" on vegacomb, it IS vegacomb.

The use of vegacomb for people to cook up their own builds is and always was going to happen, but taking other peoples work without giving the correct people credit and making it look like you'd done the majority of the work is not on. The build even has some of the bugs from 8.1 that have now been addressed had he been following the development threads.

His build could have been created by simply applying a small update.zip to vegacomb 8.1.

What we need is a set of rules to using vegacomb, such as giving the correct credit, including vegacomb-base in the name, and leaving the boot screen (all be it maybe a tamer boot screen could be created if people are really getting that upset)

can I have my 2p back now.

Seriously? lmmfaso!Quite funny really, its a botched attempt at a scam.... for what pupose who cares,

EPIC FAIL!

I've only seen farther than other men by stealing the eyeballs of giants.... thats the quote right?

But as adam said, not cool dude, not cool

Guest blcollier

Stupid british humor...

Actually, "calling shenanigans" originated from South Park; specifically "Cow Days", which was aired waaaayyyy back in 1998. It was subsequently picked up on the interweb (first place I saw it was on the genmay.com forums) and became a meme from there. See http://www.southpark.../sp_vid_150844/, or http://www.southpark...481/shenanigans if you're in the US. Not "stupid British humor [sic]" at all, actually...

Now that I'm done with being pedantic, this is pretty bad form. Unless the OP (and the spamtroll above) can give some sort of explanation, I'd suggest judicious use of the banhammer.

Edited by blcollier

Unless the OP (and the spamtroll above) can give some sort of explanation, I'd suggest judicious use of the banhammer.

Id love the chap to give us a shout and assist to fix the rest of the issues rather than rebadge :) he obviously has some skills, not everyone is able to remove a boot splash and change a default wallpaper ... tact though, that may be another thing ;)

Since we suspect you're the OP the question is why haven't you tried it ? <_<

Makes one wonder if this rom contains data mining additions.

It doesn't. First thing I checked.

newbe5