13 Sep Gr1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Doubleshot / MyTouch 4G Slide with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Doubleshot / MyTouch 4G Slide! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. :)

Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod).

Features

• Based the 1.28.531.9 ROM
  • Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions by ChainsDD
  • Insecure boot image (ro.secure=0)
  • Built, tweaked and massaged with the MCR build process which reduces the size and boosts the speed of the ROM
  • Busybox
  • MCR version displayed in 'About' screen
  • terminfo and settings in boot.img to allow nano etc. use
  • Updated all Google components
  • Updated all third party components
  • Added Teeter option
  • Added Google Car Home option
  • Added Google Clock application option
  • Added Google Email app option
  • Added Google Gallery 3D option
  • Added Google Launcher2
  • Added Google SMS/MMS app option
  • Added Google Voice Dialler option (with custom UK localisation)
  • Added Google Stock Lock Screen option
  • Added Development Tools option
  • Added Spare Parts option
  • Added Titanium Mobile option
  • Added WaveSecure option
  • De-odex'ed for the themers out there
  • Much, much more!

Changelog

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.

Installation

To install this ROM:

• Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card

Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Downloads

This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, a prebaked download is available.

[*]Gr1 (default kitchen options, no MoDaCo additions) - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)

Unedited release

If you would like to base a ROM on 1.28.531.9, the stock image can be found here - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid).

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

And finally...

If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.

Enjoy! B)

P

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

Paul,

Would love to have this ported to the the G2 / DZ. Any plans?

Also, any chance to get a 7 panels ZIP file as an optional add? I have been running Expresso 2.3.3 and this has an option in the settings, but the DS ROMs in the G2/ DZ XDA forum not have this choice and hopeing for some magic from you.

Any chance.

TIA

malloy0

P.S. I know everyone one keeps ask why 7 panels, 5 should be plenty. I wish --it's just not the way I use my phone.

Paul,

Would love to have this ported to the the G2 / DZ. Any plans?

Also, any chance to get a 7 panels ZIP file as an optional add? I have been running Expresso 2.3.3 and this has an option in the settings, but the DS ROMs in the G2/ DZ XDA forum not have this choice and hopeing for some magic from you.

Any chance.

TIA

malloy0

P.S. I know everyone one keeps ask why 7 panels, 5 should be plenty. I wish --it's just not the way I use my phone.

Hah, i'm certainly not here to judge why you need x panels! :)

Let me check it out and i'll see how easy it is to do!

P

P

Great on the judging part :) .

I am now playing with the eVil D DS ROM for the DZ, really like the overall smoothness and battery life and the only hold back is these silly panels. Goofy for me.

So, super on trying to get 7 panels and for the effort that you might try to see what this takes.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

P

Paul, wondering if this 7 panel request is too much trouble?

Thanks,

malloy0

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest HippoMan

I'm new to the MoDaCo world, although not to installing custom Android ROMs, which I have done a number of times over the past couple years. I have just now tried to install this custom ROM on my myTouch 4G Slide / Doubleshot, and I got a mysterious result. I'm thinking that I might be missing some information that's needed before working with MoDaCo ROMs.

Anyway, here's my situation: I already rooted my device, and I'm running the CyanogenMod 5.0.2.7 recovery image. I followed the instructions from above, and everything seemed to work: no freezes or error messages or anything unusual:

• Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card [note: I downloaded the Gr1 image]
  • Restart your device in recovery mode
  • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
  • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card

This procedure ran a few minutes, and I repeat: no error messages showed up. Then, I rebooted my device, but it came back up in the old OS. The update didn't take place at all.

The first time I did this, I didn't wipe anything. So I tried it a second time, this time with a wipe. Well, after the wipe, my device came back up in a more or less factory-reset version of the old OS. Again, the new OS didn't get installed.

So what could be causing the new OS to not be installed? No doubt I'm doing something wrong, but what could it be?

Thanks in advance for any pointers and suggestions.