• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

ADW launcher widget problem

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

If anyone knows please, I am using ADW launcher for CM7...how do I make my widgets stay in position when the phone switches between vertical and horizontal view?...on one view they look nice but on another they look bad and all over the place.

I want to set my widgets up differently in both orientations but need them to remember both widget positions, this is a really annoying problem.

Thanks

Edited by Navie

Posted (edited)

I want to set my widgets up differently in both orientations but need them to remember both widget positions, this is a really annoying problem.

Thanks

this can not be done, but if you have two different lanchers on your phone you could set one for landscape use & the other for portrait.

you can use an app called home switcher to change launchers.

Edited by tillaz

Posted

this can not be done, but if you have two different lanchers on your phone you could set one for landscape use & the other for portrait.

you can use an app called home switcher to change launchers.

Will it automatically switch launchers upon change in orientation or would I have to do it myself? Another thing...does having more than one launcher affect performance and battery life? Thanks.

Posted

Will it automatically switch launchers upon change in orientation or would I have to do it myself? Another thing...does having more than one launcher affect performance and battery life? Thanks.

no you would have to switch launchers with the app, and it should not use more battery if you have more than one on your phone because one will only be running at a time, i normally have 3 launcher2(stock) adw launcher and launcher pro,smile.gif

Posted

no you would have to switch launchers with the app, and it should not use more battery if you have more than one on your phone because one will only be running at a time, i normally have 3 launcher2(stock) adw launcher and launcher pro,smile.gif

That is helpful, thanks Tillaz :)

Posted

Another question along the lines of the impossible...I am using ADW launcher, is it possible to switch betweem the same version of ADW launcher instead of two different versions? :) I like to keep the look and feel the same rather than use different launchers or versions, thanks.

Posted

Another question along the lines of the impossible...I am using ADW launcher, is it possible to switch betweem the same version of ADW launcher instead of two different versions? :) I like to keep the look and feel the same rather than use different launchers or versions, thanks.

Is it possible to have 2 different versions of ADW launcher without overwriting another version? I have 2 currently...Lite and Pro, however...I want 2 versions of Pro

Posted (edited)

I have found a solution to switching between launchers without using a 'Home launcher app' or 'Clearing settings' and choosing the required launcher, it give you more control and is much faster. Tillaz if you or anyone else wants to know...I can open a new thread to explain how to do it with screenshots or I can just post here :) also...it switches between launchers and gives the desired orientation as how you want it (how you previously set the orientation).

Edited by Navie