• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stylus for the ZTE Skate

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The question you should ask the seller is: Is it designed to work on capacitive touchscreens? If the answer is yes, it will work on all capacitive touchscreens.

Most pens are designed for resistive touchscreens. They have no effect on capacitive ones like the one on the OMC.

Edited by Chris_67

Posted

The question you should ask the seller is: Is it designed to work on capacitive touchscreens? If the answer is yes, it will work on all capacitive touchscreens.

Most pens are designed for resistive touchscreens. They have no effect on capacitive ones like the one on the OMC.

I thought the screen was a TFT screen?

Posted

The screen is a TFT, but the touchscreen (a ultra thin and almost invisible plastic layer between your fingers and the screenglass) ist either capacitive (as for the OMC) or resistive (most of the older and/or cheaper cellphones/tablets).

Posted

The screen is a TFT, but the touchscreen (a ultra thin and almost invisible plastic layer between your fingers and the screenglass) ist either capacitive (as for the OMC) or resistive (most of the older and/or cheaper cellphones/tablets).

Cool :) ...at least its not cheap resistive stuff

Posted

It will work, but never as good as your bare fingers. We have sourced at least 10 types of capacitive stylus with very wide price range, very few are performing OK, most (even the expensive ones) are a waste of money.

Also it is very screen dependent, one performs well on iPad2 may not perform as well on HTC screen (I didn't have Blade back then).

Perhaps you may consider getting a sausage instead, at least you can eat it if it doesn't work up to your expectation :lol:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/11/south-korean-iphone-users-turn-to-sausages-as-a-cold-weather-me/

Will this work on all touchscreen phones especially the OMC?...i'm thinking of buying this for my skate and can use it for future touchscreen phones :)

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1e66fd29a5

Posted

Doesn't have to be so (Don't see why people worry about the underlying technology more than if it works properly).

The Panasonic Toughbook tablet I have seen demoed has a resistive multi touch screen but you can actually read it in sunlight and it works reasonably well with fingers (gloved or not) pinch to zoom etc etc. Or you can use a stylus.

Don't get why anyone would not think this far superior. (Plus using a stylus you avoid the inevitable build up of crud on the screen.)

Posted

Make your own... you know the grey, translucent, anti-static bags computer bits n bobs come in? Cut a strip off, roll it up and jab your screen with it. Jobs a goodun.

Posted

Make your own... you know the grey, translucent, anti-static bags computer bits n bobs come in? Cut a strip off, roll it up and jab your screen with it. Jobs a goodun.

Just out of curiosity, how do these stylus pens work? Obbiously you can't use a normal pen so it must be made of something to make it act like your finger.

Posted

roll it up and jab your screen with it. Jobs a goodun.

lol laugh.gif

Posted

Just out of curiosity, how do these stylus pens work? Obbiously you can't use a normal pen so it must be made of something to make it act like your finger.

By disrupting the capacitive field (I think), just like your finger does.