CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

Credits List [Alphabetical order] for CM on Samsung Omnia Pro

==================================

> almar

> bsbsbs

> egon

> phj

> voyteckst (also for this text ;-))

> erikcas1972

> elbee1972

> matriX1218 (for boot logo)

01-06-2012

Guys, I have to stop here in contributing in this project. Today my Omnia Pro died (RIP, my old pal).

Later this weekend I will publish a fresh copy of Froyo 2.2.3 with improved battery live and more speed. This will be my last froyo image for B7610.

I am currently enjoying Galaxy S2 from work and for private use I became a Galaxy Gio from a friend, I think I am going to play around with that.

I enjoyed working on this special project, from which I learned very much about linux kernels and android very much, as I started with zero knowledge @ the start of this project for Omnia II when I was very willing to have this working on Omnia Pro.

As I said, I will publish one last image. Currently one of the users wants a Swedish keyboard layout, I will finish that if the requested textfile is returned.

If someone is able and willing to take over from here, take a look @ my github account which is a good start for android 2.2.3 and is based on (almost) latest sources for Samsung Spica (very similar to our devices) from CM, samdroid and Voku.

Kernelsources are here. I will transfer them also to github, to be sure.

I will keep track on this forum for a while, to help anyone who wants to take over. Remember, I had zero knowledge too, if you want to learn you will learn, all info (except for wifi) is available on the internet and findable with google.

So far...

28-05-2012

Marketupdate + Filemanager.

Download from my website

2012-02-20:

CM BETA2 ------------> DOWNLOAD

PLEASE NOTE:

Download this update and place zImage and cm_o2_update.tar.gz on root of my storage after installer ends and phone is rebooted to WinMo (so, yes, replace zImage)

The zImage that came with the CM BETA image is having some troubles with booting.

============================

SpicagenMod Froyo for B7610, Beta2

Thanx to elbee1972 for pointing the way for B7610

Based on CyanogenMod 6.1.1

20-02-2012

* Froyo 2.2.3 from latest voku sources

(https://github.com/voku)

* 2.6.32.9 kernel from i8000, patched to B7610

* Gallery 3D from voku/gingerbread

* ADWLauncher from nadlabak/gingerbread

* Phone.apk from CyanogenMod, because Vokusource crashes

Known bugs:

* Textcolor statusbar

* Phone-ring delay. However drastically improved, it is still there

* Still using the "old" phonepart method. On latest sources from Sandor the phone does not boot

* Still no wifi/BT and no ETA

==================================================

HOW TO INSTALL

==================================================

1. Download installpackage from http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php

2. Unzip according to README from installpackage

3. Download this package, replace ext4.tar.gz and zImage in the rootdir of the just unzipped installpackage.

4. Follow readme steps in README from installpackage.

Note: There is no need to execute any of the cm_update_*.sh scripts. For B7610 this is not nessecary.

2011-12-09:

Update 09-12-2011: Headsetfix -------->DOWNLOAD

(You can't answer and/or end a call with headsetbutton. But earphones / mic work.)

Place cm_o2_update.tar.gz from zipfile on your my storage and boot Android

(Thanx Voyteckst)

NOTE: When applying update, booting can take a long time!

2011-12-08:

Download

CM-6.1.1 BETA1 FOR B7610

Phone, text messages, data working

Based on CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for Spica, slightly modified for B7610.

Bootanimation from matriX1218 (thanks!)

This will wipe your current install! Only fresh install possible!

For automatic install:

1. Copy o2beta folder from installer-package from developers-site to my storage. Copy haret.exe from installer-package to root of my storage.

2. copy ext4.tar.gz and zImage from this download to the root of your my storage.

3. Follow steps from readme from installer-package.

No further upgrades/updates are needed at this moment (todo: check Apps2SD)

The tricks of cm_update_wm.sh and so on DON'T apply to this!

NOTE:

* ??Headphones Bug??

* WIFI AND BLUETOOTH ARE STILL NOT WORKING IN THIS UPDATE

* Phone will get hot in beginning, due to updating (system) apps from Market

Please don't mirror. I use stats to get energy, it tells me what I am doing it for cool.gif

2011-11-19 (rev 98)

- apps2sd fix from rev 183 phj

DOWNLOAD LATEST UPDATE FOR BETA3 ON GOOGLE PROJECTPAGE

As always, unzip and place files on my storage. Boot android. After full boot, reboot.

2011-11-15 (rev 96)

Reverted wrong (double) fix in compass, that set compass off..

2011-11-14 (rev 95)

- introduced B7610 sensorlib (based on GT-I5700)

- azimuth fix for B7610 in ak8973.c compass working right now on B7610

- landscape/portrait fix for B7610 reworked, now fixed in ak8973.c

Note: IF you install the update manually, (only if you install manually) you will have to remove /data/misc/akmd_set.txt before you apply the update.

2011-11-07 (rev 87)

- phj rev 182 Froyo Beta3 kern 2.6.32

- accelerometer adjusted to B7610 with original akmd2 from Beta3, operates smoother and quicker

- Done some work on compass for B7610, not working properly yet

- adjusted keyboarddriver B7610 to match kernel config rev 182 phj

- Rev 182 PHJ: mem bug fix, reserved memory changed, charging battery fixes, com

pass calibration

06-11

- phj rev 181 Froyo Beta3 kern 2.6.32

- accelerometer adjusted to B7610. Autorotate behaves as expected

- Homekey assigned to W&L key

21-10

Camera key is working, allthough not natively WinMo.

Keep it half-pressed for a second, and the camera will activate. When cam active, press of half-press will take a picture.

So half-press will not focus, but keep in mind autofocus doen’t work yet in the camera-driver.

Note: Allways do a reboot after updating to make it fully functional

* The keyboard-driver for sliding will be published to the google projectpage. It is compilable for I8000 too (old-style)

* For the keyboardslide, all credits go to Elbee72. I modified it a little. Thanx Bas!

* DPRAM is from former kernel, so is multipdp which is modified.

* Phonepart loading oldskool way, "official" dev way

Please post back your observations

Next challenge: Make sensors work.

Edited by erikcas

So, for now, it is not as simple as it was with the previous kernels.

To make it work, more research has to be done.

I am in for b7610 research but limited in time.

Count me in for support (in the background).

Go Erik !!

Hello all

first: thank you for the hard work on bringing android to the B7610! I think it's a second live for it.

This are my experiences with froyo_beta2, maybe for helpfull for debugging. I've started playing around with android @ B7610 at 09/20 so my 1st steps starts with beta2. I used the automatic installer and a 16GB SD card. The installer runs fine. There was only a console message "Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!", when the installer starts the reboot. But it reboots a few seconds later. Starting android after auto_installation runs as expected. But the handling of Android doesn't work corectly: no service, no buttons (but power and some keys on the hw keyboard), no wifi. Tried to install the 2D/3D drivers like written in The android for B7610 collection thread with o2b3update.tar.gz. Reboot ok, but same handling as before. I'm not shure, if the update was done. Tried to install the B7610 support files, including new zImage. I'm not able to boot Android: there were some messages on the upper left corner, then they disappear und a flashing cursor appears for e few seconds and then the screen becomes black - no change after 20 minutes. Replaced the zImage by the old one and left the o2b3update.tar.gz for the B7610 support files makes the Android bootable again, but no change to the 1st start of android.

Has anyone other results with froyo_beta2 @ B7610? For me it looks like the 2D/3D drivers and the B7610 support files from april are not compatible with beta2. Next i'm going to try beta1.

Hello all

first: thank you for the hard work on bringing android to the B7610! I think it's a second live for it.

This are my experiences with froyo_beta2, maybe for helpfull for debugging. I've started playing around with android @ B7610 at 09/20 so my 1st steps starts with beta2. I used the automatic installer and a 16GB SD card. The installer runs fine. There was only a console message "Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!", when the installer starts the reboot. But it reboots a few seconds later. Starting android after auto_installation runs as expected. But the handling of Android doesn't work corectly: no service, no buttons (but power and some keys on the hw keyboard), no wifi. Tried to install the 2D/3D drivers like written in The android for B7610 collection thread with o2b3update.tar.gz. Reboot ok, but same handling as before. I'm not shure, if the update was done. Tried to install the B7610 support files, including new zImage. I'm not able to boot Android: there were some messages on the upper left corner, then they disappear und a flashing cursor appears for e few seconds and then the screen becomes black - no change after 20 minutes. Replaced the zImage by the old one and left the o2b3update.tar.gz for the B7610 support files makes the Android bootable again, but no change to the 1st start of android.

Has anyone other results with froyo_beta2 @ B7610? For me it looks like the 2D/3D drivers and the B7610 support files from april are not compatible with beta2. Next i'm going to try beta1.

The Beta2 uses (mandatory) the new kernel 2.6.32. With this kernel android boots (you have to change the startup.txt / default.txt file, see new I8000 thread).

2d/3d drivers are not necessary anymore.

But for B7610 the phonepart is not working, sensors are not working. So basically it is useless on this very moment.

I'm working on it in my free time, which is very spare at this moment. But I'm making some progress, but still a long way from a working phone.

From this weekend on I have some more time and I hope to make steps.

You can follow progress on the google project page

Edit: Typo

Edited by erikcas

2d/3d drivers are not necessary anymore.

Mh. Does it mean that the 2D/3D drivers are included in the ext4 and when when i start the Beta2 this is more or less the final speed in using GUI, correct? For me it looks like (slow) VESA mode on a desktop linux without any hardware accelaration. Maybe i can find out, what a driver is loaded/used...

I'm working on it in my free time, which is very spare at this moment. But I'm making some progress, but still a long way from a working phone.

From this weekend on I have some more time and I hope to make steps.

You can follow progress on the google project page

Maybe i can find something to support the project. I'm not a programmer but i've some (old school) linux skills, when the GUI was without "G" and in most cases also without "UI" ;). I'll check the project page...But the same to me: time is rare,

Mh. Does it mean that the 2D/3D drivers are included in the ext4 and when when i start the Beta2 this is more or less the final speed in using GUI, correct? For me it looks like (slow) VESA mode on a desktop linux without any hardware accelaration. Maybe i can find out, what a driver is loaded/used...

Maybe i can find something to support the project. I'm not a programmer but i've some (old school) linux skills, when the GUI was without "G" and in most cases also without "UI" ;). I'll check the project page...But the same to me: time is rare,

yes, 2d3d drivers are included now. With the kernel provided by devs however, B7610 is useless, keys are not responding amongst things.

With the current changes I made, this is about the only thing which is right.

about help, all help is welcome!

Guest LightningBullet

Hey, I am sortof a programmer, but didn't program in this programming language though. Although I don't have much time, I'd like to try to contribute something. Is there a simple guide somewhere on what software u need, where I can find the source etc? (and is there a risk that I brick my phone?)

Hey, I am sortof a programmer, but didn't program in this programming language though. Although I don't have much time, I'd like to try to contribute something. Is there a simple guide somewhere on what software u need, where I can find the source etc? (and is there a risk that I brick my phone?)

Source is in the link in previous post (google project page). You will need to cross compile it for our phones processor. You can find it, for example google for codesourcery eabi. On ubuntu eabi crosscompiler can be easily installed in ubuntu (linaro crosscompiler).

Off course there is allways a change of bricking your phone, but chance is very small if you know what you are doing.

There is allmost no change if you use a pre-compiled kernel that is tested by someone else :-)

Edit: Typo

Edited by erikcas

After days of google-ing around, I think Voyteckst and Sandor are right.

Cause is probably modem.bin which is from I6500. It has same as Omnia2 MSM6290 chip for gsm/3g etc.

B7610 uses a MSM6246 chip. I searched for an alternative, but haven't found one yet. Tried S8000 and I5700 images, without success.

Maybe B7610 users can help in this search, all suggestions are welcome.

In the meantime I managed to have the phone working on 2.6.32 with some modules from former kernel and some modifications of the beta2 image.

I will test if it is stable and maybe publish it as a "not-supported, not being Beta2, but a tweaked kernel+modules on a tweaked Beta2 image.", if devs agree.

Not Beta2, because it uses de phonepart in a whole different way as the devs meant in Beta2 for I8000

B7610 uses a MSM6246 chip. I searched for an alternative, but haven't found one yet. Tried S8000 and I5700 images, without success.

Maybe B7610 users can help in this search, all suggestions are welcome.

In the meantime I managed to have the phone working on 2.6.32 with some modules from former kernel and some modifications of the beta2 image.

I will test if it is stable and maybe publish it as a "not-supported, not being Beta2, but a tweaked kernel+modules on a tweaked Beta2 image.", if devs agree.

Not Beta2, because it uses de phonepart in a whole different way as the devs meant in Beta2 for I8000

How about Samsung Vibrant, any help from that? At least it's got the MSM6246...

I gladly offer myself and my trusty B7610 for testing whatever you come up with :)

/VM

I gladly offer myself and my trusty B7610 for testing whatever you come up with :)

/VM

I can try. Have to search for the modem.bin

If you have already found it please post or send PM

Edit: Found it, downloading

Edited by erikcas

/VM

Sorry, didn't work... :angry:

Edited by erikcas

What about spica i5700 modem.bin?

Already tried it..

Edit: I think I have Beta2 native working with spica's modem.bin. But I have this imei problem. I am registered to the network but no phone, no data.

I didn't the proper libsec-ril.so packed with it.

Now use another one.

Please test and report back. If it works we have the real Beta 2 on B7610

Edited by erikcas

Guest maddoc600

Already tried it..

Edit: I think I have Beta2 native working with spica's modem.bin. But I have this imei problem. I am registered to the network but no phone, no data.

I didn't the proper libsec-ril.so packed with it.

Now use another one.

Please test and report back. If it works we have the real Beta 2 on B7610

You are GREAT!

You are the only reason that stops me throwing my b7610 into the garbage bin! :D

Edited by maddoc600

You are GREAT!

You are the only reason that stops me throwing my b7610 into the garbage bin! :D

But does it work on your providers network?

I need only one confirmation of someone calling, twittering or whatever. Then I will repack with a newer modem.bin

If not, we have to do more research.

But for now, I will stop for today. I will become father in a few hours, my wife is having contractions since 2 hours,

You're welcome, my pleasure!

Edited by erikcas

I'm knee deep in pink. Meh :P

For some reason none whatsoever kernels or anything get me past the pink screen. Funny thing is, the Beta 2 worked in the 1st install (oh well, "worked" in a way... like no keyboard or connectivity).

I've tried to format the card in linux and the automatic install goes fine to the end and startup.txt is pointing to the correct partition (mmcblk0p2). Now with "no-pink" zImage it goes to the stage where it says "A N D R O I D" (no graphics) , nothing else happens.

@erikcas: best wishes to you and your family B)

I'm knee deep in pink. Meh :P

For some reason none whatsoever kernels or anything get me past the pink screen. Funny thing is, the Beta 2 worked in the 1st install (oh well, "worked" in a way... like no keyboard or connectivity).

I've tried to format the card in linux and the automatic install goes fine to the end and startup.txt is pointing to the correct partition (mmcblk0p2). Now with "no-pink" zImage it goes to the stage where it says "A N D R O I D" (no graphics) , nothing else happens.

@erikcas: best wishes to you and your family B)

Thanx!

Did you use autoinstaller? If yes, please re-partition your sd as one fat (no fat32) partition and reinstall by running the installer. Apply update at first boot.

If you install manually, create first fat partition, second partitin as ext4 and make in a primary partition.