CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

alrighty been testing this for a few hours now on my storage, main problems i've found so far are:

- the battery drains incredibly fast

- camera worked once then after trying it again 20 mins later i got "camera app is not responding, wait or force close"

- the phone network dropped out altogether after installing an app from the market (not sure if its related)

- menus and games can be sluggish

not trying to complain, you guys are doing an amazing job! just want to help give some feedback :)

cheers

Guest inf3rn0

please change

W/L button as HOME and Lock button as BACK

in your next release... and ofcourse with AutoRotation Fix...

check post #213 - #216 for buttons... c'mon people, read.

Edited by inf3rn0

Guest erikcas

please change

W/L button as HOME and Lock button as BACK

in your next release... and ofcourse with AutoRotation Fix...

You can change it yourself. I cannot personalize for everyone. Before I know I am compiling 20 different kernels for every update.

Only alternative for keys I will do in the near future, is make a seperate qwerty an qwertz layout

Edit: Keymapping for qwertz is easy, just change y and z codes in qwerty.kl

For alt in qwertz might be different, can someone post what the alt character is for y and z in qwertz?

Edited by erikcas

Guest erikcas

alrighty been testing this for a few hours now on my storage, main problems i've found so far are:

- the battery drains incredibly fast

- camera worked once then after trying it again 20 mins later i got "camera app is not responding, wait or force close"

- the phone network dropped out altogether after installing an app from the market (not sure if its related)

- menus and games can be sluggish

not trying to complain, you guys are doing an amazing job! just want to help give some feedback :)

cheers

I don't experience any of the above.

Could it be that the phone was updating all outdated apps?

Do you have swap enabled? If no, enable it. The videodrivers now claim more memory because we can use swap. If it isn't enabled, you will have less memory for apps and thus will be sluggish.

I don't experience any of the above.

Could it be that the phone was updating all outdated apps?

Do you have swap enabled? If no, enable it. The videodrivers now claim more memory because we can use swap. If it isn't enabled, you will have less memory for apps and thus will be sluggish.

not sure, where is the swap setting? its a clean install, so if its enabled by default then its on. only difference is i havent used the automatic installer..

have only installed 2 apps from the market, so I dont think its related to outdated apps. If it drops again i'll let you know..

edit: managed to reproduce the camera problem - take a picture, then click the preview button in the corner (shows the last picture taken) - when you press the back button to exit the gallery it hangs and shows the "camera not responding" message.

Edited by igw

Guest inf3rn0

For all still looking to change the phone-model in the settings>about screen:

open /system/build.prop, and then change I8000 in the line ro.product.model=GT-I8000 to B7610.

Greetings,

Inf3rn0

Edited by inf3rn0

Guest erikcas

For all still looking to change the phone-model in the settings>about screen:

open /system/build.prop, and in the change I8000 in the line ro.product.model=GT-I8000 to B7610.

Greetings,

Inf3rn0

This is a major bug fix! :D:D

Guest erikcas

not sure, where is the swap setting? its a clean install, so if its enabled by default then its on. only difference is i havent used the automatic installer..

have only installed 2 apps from the market, so I dont think its related to outdated apps. If it drops again i'll let you know..

edit: managed to reproduce the camera problem - take a picture, then click the preview button in the corner (shows the last picture taken) - when you press the back button to exit the gallery it hangs and shows the "camera not responding" message.

Camera problem: I cannot reproduce, maybe it is a low-memory problem.

Which brings me to the swap question:

I already posted this, it is on the previous page. Take a look at this post.

Swap isn't set by the installer. It has to be set manually. This is because almost everyone have different partition-settings.

For questions, how-to's, see I8000 thread, it has been discussed there, all possible solutions you will find there

Edited by erikcas

Guest erikcas

? i found it while looking through some files ~ its been asked for...

No offense! I like it!

Good to see more people are trying to complete this project for B7610.

Will include the corrected file in the next update ;)

Edited by erikcas

Guest erikcas

Ok..

Which program should i use to open tar.gz file... in windows

Rest i will customize for my self..

I recommend 7zip.

Beware that editing linux-files in windows notepad or wordpad can corrupt the file for linux. For instance <enter> can give strange results.

Therefore maybe you should install notepad++ in win and edit the file in notepad++

Guest inf3rn0

No offense! I like it!

Good to see more people are trying to complete this project for B7610.

Will include the corrected file in the next update ;)

ow okay - looked sarcastic seeing its coming from the big porter :rolleyes:

Guest erikcas

Ok..

Which program should i use to open tar.gz file... in windows

Rest i will customize for my self..

Maybe it is easier to edit the file in androids terminal-emulator.

cd /system/lib/usr/keylayout

su

vi qwerty.kl

modify and save with <shift>Z <shift>Z

Guest erikcas

ow okay - looked sarcastic seeing its coming from the big porter :rolleyes:

oh no, maybe my choice of words was not well. I never intent to be sarcastic on anything or anyone what or who is inventive and is aiming at our generic goal.

Guest inf3rn0

oh no, maybe my choice of words was not well. I never intent to be sarcastic on anything or anyone what or who is inventive and is aiming at our generic goal.

no sweat dude - parts my problem of how i interpret your words :P B)

Guest ErnstJanF

Volume up key is bugged here, anyone who can confirm this?

And I just installed whatsapp and the phone is lagging a lot now, maybe becouse of no swap?

Guest inf3rn0

Volume up key is bugged here, anyone who can confirm this?

And I just installed whatsapp and the phone is lagging a lot now, maybe becouse of no swap?

Button working fine here. If you haven't created a swappartition and/or haven't installed an fstab, then yes, because of no swap.

To check if swap working: Goto Dev Tools > Terminal > Type free to see how much swap is allocated/used

Guest ErnstJanF

Button working fine here. If you haven't created a swappartition and/or haven't installed an fstab, then yes, because of no swap.

To check if swap working: Goto Dev Tools > Terminal > Type free to see how much swap is allocated/used

Was at 85%, installed whatsapp and after 15 minutes the battery was empty :)

EDIT: just loaded up the terminal and it froze my phone :P EDIT2: Tried again and it worked, it now self-reloaded android (because of freeze?) But swap is enabled (used the official installer)

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest matriX1218

I recommend 7zip.

Beware that editing linux-files in windows notepad or wordpad can corrupt the file for linux. For instance <enter> can give strange results.

Therefore maybe you should install notepad++ in win and edit the file in notepad++

I'm using 7zip only but somehow it reduces the size of a file... I don't understand why e.g. I edited your qwerty.kl file but when I put it back to your update file the size 96kb!!!

So I'm. Afraid

Guest geoponos31

Hello

Nice work !! Works realy smooth! But I have a problem! I made clean install on a 8 gb sd card and the installer created: a fat partition 1624 mb, a ext4 1024mb and swap partion 128mb.

The i used MiniTool Partition Wizard Professional Edition and deleted the fat partition and created a new one 6,4 gb. But now Android doesn't see ane sd card! What can i do?

Also in the keybord the space doesn't work!

Thanks in advance

Edited by geoponos31

Guest matriX1218

Maybe it is easier to edit the file in androids terminal-emulator.

cd /system/lib/usr/keylayout

su

vi qwerty.kl

modify and save with <shift>Z <shift>Z

Well i tried the way you said but i am unable to save the file... how do i save as (shift)z not working for me...