CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

Guest erikcas

Not working for me... it just type Z character only...

I tried all the way...

My bad luck

Will make you an update with only qwertz.kl

Don't have time at this moment. Maybe late tonight or tomorrow morning.

Guest erikcas

Not working for me... it just type Z character only...

I tried all the way...

My bad luck

I forgot. You have to hit <escape> first, but we don't have that key in thiss terminal-emulator. My mistake. I believe I did promise to make the keylayout and chars last week, forgot, was to busy to keep it in my memory. I apologize for that. I will make it up to you..

Made it up to you :P

Had time. Forgot my diner. One hand eating, one hand androiding

Can you try attached update? Unzip and apply like a usual update.

Contains qwertz.kl, qwertz.kcm.bin and proper symlinks.

If it works, you can apply it after every update. Let me know.

qwertz.zip

Edited by erikcas

Guest matriX1218

I forgot. You have to hit <escape> first, but we don't have that key in thiss terminal-emulator. My mistake. I believe I did promise to make the keylayout and chars last week, forgot, was to busy to keep it in my memory. I apologize for that. I will make it up to you..

Made it up to you :P

Had time. Forgot my diner. One hand eating, one hand androiding

Can you try attached update? Unzip and apply like a usual update.

Contains qwertz.kl, qwertz.kcm.bin and proper symlinks.

If it works, you can apply it after every update. Let me know.

qwertz.zip

Not working home key...

Qwertz instead of qwerty so when i press y on slider it types z and vice versa... rolling back to rev75

Edit

i think you made promise to someone else and not me...

ERIK,

One more thing

Currently we have two back keys WL n Lock key dats why i requested you to make it proper as we dont have any home key yet... in future also we have to map either of a key map to home

So in your next release make it for B7610 n not for me... ;)

EDIT2

Finally I've managed to change kay map as per my requirements..

But I'm unable to change the Model no.. I don't know why...

Edited by matriX1218

Guest erikcas

Not working home key...

Qwertz instead of qwerty so when i press y on slider it types z and vice versa... rolling back to rev75

Edit

i think you made promise to someone else and not me...

ERIK,

One more thing

Currently we have two back keys WL n Lock key dats why i requested you to make it proper as we dont have any home key yet... in future also we have to map either of a key map to home

So in your next release make it for B7610 n not for me... ;)

EDIT2

Finally I've managed to change kay map as per my requirements..

But I'm unable to change the Model no.. I don't know why...

Oke.. Well, then someone else is happy now.

Try this one. Qwerty mapping, HOME on W&L. Build.prop modified for modelnumner.

When oke, I will put it into regular updates.

home_wl_gt-b7610.zip

Guest matriX1218

Oke.. Well, then someone else is happy now.

Try this one. Qwerty mapping, HOME on W&L. Build.prop modified for modelnumner.

When oke, I will put it into regular updates.

home_wl_gt-b7610.zip

Trying... will let you know in few min...

Edit:

Not working...

Screen goes white... check your update file... something is wrong...

I've managed to update the model number also.. needs twice reboot... thanks...

Now waiting for your next update where all sensors working.. may be wifi/bluetooth too,,

Edited by matriX1218

Guest erikcas

Trying... will let you know in few min...

Edit:

Not working...

Screen goes white... check your update file... something is wrong...

I've managed to update the model number also.. needs twice reboot... thanks...

Now waiting for your next update where all sensors working.. may be wifi/bluetooth too,,

Did not test it.

This one I tested and updates. Assigned HOME to W&L. But still goes back. Maybe reboot twice.

b7610.zip

Guest matriX1218

Did not test it.

This one I tested and updates. Assigned HOME to W&L. But still goes back. Maybe reboot twice.

b7610.zip

Hey Erik,

Thanks for your efforts..

I think you've not read my last post...

Finally I've managed to solve all the problems...

So you can now concentrate on other main things for our beloved B7610...

Now take your time for next update...

Guest erikcas

Hey Erik,

Thanks for your efforts..

I think you've not read my last post...

Finally I've managed to solve all the problems...

So you can now concentrate on other main things for our beloved B7610...

Now take your time for next update...

Question: Please test it.

If oke, it is in the next update.

Will try to correct sensors later today.

Making some progress on wifi, but do not expect it working in short term.

Guest matriX1218

Question: Please test it.

If oke, it is in the next update.

Will try to correct sensors later today.

Making some progress on wifi, but do not expect it working in short term.

Not working for me...

Hey I've noticed one thing..

In your update there is a DOT (".") then system folder

/./system/ instead of /system/

please check the same...

wait I'm uploading my working file...

Done..

frb3update.tar.gz

Edited by matriX1218

Guest erikcas

Not working for me...

please check the same...

Done..

The dot is fine. It is in all the symlinks. It is no error.

Guest centodue

The tutorial was written in good way by erikcas (thank you!) for first Android kernel available for B7610.

The procedure is the same and if you want to read the first one : This is the link

In every case, for new Android fans ....

Froyo Beta 3 installation on SD (because MyMemory installation for the moment is not surely stable !):

1) Backup your SD card BEFORE TO INSTALL Android.

2) Download "Froyo Beta3" in this page selecting "Automatic Install Package"

3) Download "kernel-B7610-Froyo-REV75" to this link (thanks erikcas!)

4) Transfer in "MyMemory" of the phone the files-folder present in "Froyo Beta3" zip file

You must have:

- o2beta (folder)

- ext4.tar.gz

- Haret.exe

- zImage

5) As described in README.txt file present in "Froyo Beta3" zip file, select and just click "installandroid.exe" in "o2beta" folder

All the extraction and installation procedure is totally automatic!

- Creation of ext3 Partition on SD

- Transfer of Android Files in ext3 partion on SD

- Install of Android Froyo in new ext3 partition on SD

- Creation of "Startup.txt" file in MyMemory

System restart...

To launch Android select Haret.exe in "MyMemory" (not in o2beta folder!)

First boot just to set the language so that you will have correct country parameters and APN (I had immediately phone working)

6) Switch OFF pressing long time "turn off button" (in the bottom right of the phone)

7) Switch on in windows mobile

8) Transfer in Root of SD FAT 32 partition the "frb3update.tar.gz" file present in "kernel-B7610-Froyo-REV75" zip file.

9) Using ubuntu terminal, type the next commands:

If FAT32 SD partition has label "DISK" and ext3 SD partition has label "Android" (I changed labels using "Gparted" of Ubuntu)

9.1) sudo -s

9.2) cd /media/DISK

9.3) sudo tar zxvf frb3update.tar.gz -C /media/Android

9.4) cd

Now, if you want, you could delete "frb3update.tar.gz" by FAT32 SD partition because it is not necessary.

10) Transfer "zImage" in "MyMemory" overwritting the old one.

11) Select Haret.exe in MyMemory....FROYO FOR B7610 IS WORKING!!!

Then, if you want...

In order to enable dual boot OS selection screen on B7610, follow these steps:

1. Get Gen.Y DualBOOT from HERE

2. Only use "Gen.Y DualBOOT WVGA v1.0.6.0 - Storage Card.cab" and delete other cabs.

3. Install cab on "Device Storage" (otherwise doesn't work)

4. Copy/move Haret.exe ,startup.txt, zImage to root of SD card.

Some solution for actual problems (thanks to inf3rn0 and erikcas)

1) Install Clock sync by market to solve no correct time for your country!

2) Deselect Automatic Rotation in Settings --> Display to solve 90° error of the tilt sensor in "kernel-B7610-Froyo-REV75"

3) Type in /system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl, on line 2 change key 22 BACK to key 22 HOME.

Short pressing while viewing the default homescreen displays all screens, while short pressing on 'other-than-default' homescreens switches to the default homescreen.

Holding displays recently used apps.

4) The above line changes the setting for the unlock button. If you prefer to set the W&L button as the home button,

change line 30 - key 13 BACK to key 13 HOME

Sorry if I forgot something ....

Good day to everybody!

Guest matriX1218

Not working for me...

please check the same...

Done..

Hey Erik,

I've found something...

You can also use lock ley to wake up device as we do in WM.. with my update it is possible.. check yourself...

will post more..

Guest erikcas

Hey Erik,

I've found something...

You can also use lock ley to wake up device as we do in WM.. with my update it is possible.. check yourself...

will post more..

Will check. If it is there is a chance the phone does not sleep because it is not a gpio key. You can always assign a function to a key. Can you post a dmesg after waking up the phone with the w&l key? If you want it to wake up out of sleep you will have to see something like "gpio key pressed". If phone sleeps real it will not wake up if its not a gpio key.

When phone does not sleep we could have useless batterydrain. But again, have to check this

Again, we have to check this.

Edited by erikcas

erikcas: have repartitioned my storage and now have 128mb of swap space, unfortunately it hasnt made a difference to performance.

still having the same issue with the camera, no idea whats causing it, but otherwise everything is working great - android been loaded for 22 hours now which is the longest i've ever achieved lol. so far no network drops, and the battery has lasted longer since disabling data and 3g networks.

only other issue i've found is alt + left arrow doesnt produce a question mark when entering text with the hw keyboard - you have to press alt first then the arrow key after. oh and alt + right arrow produces a quotation mark -- not alt + up.

finally just wanted to say - you guys have made some fantastic progress so far getting our devices equipped with such a great o/s. hope the updates continue to come!

Guest matriX1218

Will check. If it is there is a chance the phone does not sleep because it is not a gpio key. You can always assign a function to a key. Can you post a dmesg after waking up the phone with the w&l key? If you want it to wake up out of sleep you will have to see something like "gpio key pressed". If phone sleeps real it will not wake up if its not a gpio key.

When phone does not sleep we could have useless batterydrain. But again, have to check this

Again, we have to check this.

My android crashed while trying your update.. will do fresh install and let you know...

Guest erikcas

erikcas: have repartitioned my storage and now have 128mb of swap space, unfortunately it hasnt made a difference to performance.

still having the same issue with the camera, no idea whats causing it, but otherwise everything is working great - android been loaded for 22 hours now which is the longest i've ever achieved lol. so far no network drops, and the battery has lasted longer since disabling data and 3g networks.

only other issue i've found is alt + left arrow doesnt produce a question mark when entering text with the hw keyboard - you have to press alt first then the arrow key after. oh and alt + right arrow produces a quotation mark -- not alt + up.

finally just wanted to say - you guys have made some fantastic progress so far getting our devices equipped with such a great o/s. hope the updates continue to come!

The issue with the questionmark is not solvable in the keylayout file (qwerty.kl). The qwerty.kcm.bin has to be modified. As it is binary, it is not as easy like a .kl file, which can be changed with a texteditor.

This is to perfectionize it, will look into this later

Guest erikcas

Hey Erik,

I've found something...

will post more..

hmm misspelled the update.. frb3update.taz.gz instead of frb3update.tar.gz

Corrected it in attached file

b7610.zip

Guest erikcas

My android crashed while trying your update.. will do fresh install and let you know...

Do you apply updates manually / edit files manually on your android installation?

If yes don't forget to unmount the ext4 and fat32 before you unplug. That can cause crashes

Guest matriX1218

Do you apply updates manually / edit files manually on your android installation?

If yes don't forget to unmount the ext4 and fat32 before you unplug. That can cause crashes

My android crashed again..

White screen while loading...same as previous one...

Needs re-install...

sorry erik but I won't be able to test your new updates as of now... as I don't have pc at home... I use to do all things on my office's pc but for few days my office is closed so if I find something I will let you know...

hope you are doing well progress for up coming updates...

Edited by matriX1218

Guest geniussbk

erikcas help please. Calibration in the driver of the touchscreen on b7620 I did, but there are two other problems. When I slide the keyboard - the screen goes in portrait, and when the slide back - to landscape. Deselect Automatic Rotation in Settings does not resolve this issue. Please tell me which file in the source must edit.

The second problem is the google sync writes "can't establish a reliable data connection to the server", but the browser goes to the internet without such errors.

thanks in advance

Guest chris333333

I'd like to say thank you to erikcas and everyone else that working for the project.

when you will manage wifi to work, I will never look back to winmob.

Guest erikcas
erikcas help please. Calibration in the driver of the touchscreen on b7620 I did, but there are two other problems. When I slide the keyboard - the screen goes in portrait, and when the slide back - to landscape. Deselect Automatic Rotation in Settings does not resolve this issue. Please tell me which file in the source must edit.

The second problem is the google sync writes "can't establish a reliable data connection to the server", but the browser goes to the internet without such errors.

thanks in advance

Then in B7620 something in screen is inverted! I need someone with technical knowledge and a B7620 to help you out here. My first prio is 7610 but we can try in the near future.